Dropbox, File Sharing Made Easy.

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I love Dropbox, it's one tool that I can't live without. From syncing to file hosting this tool is amazing. I can go on and on about Dropbox but it's better if you try it for yourself. It's free and it works.

More: https://www.dropbox.com/screencast

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/

Since I use Dropbox for Totse, I will run out of space pretty soon. So, if you want to sign up, please use this link: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ3ODY5NDc5

Once you sign up finish the tutorial and earn more storage. After that post the referral link by clicking invite more friends and then new users will use your link. In this way everyone gets more storage and a kickass tool for free.

Comments

• KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited August 2010
    Signed up, thanks.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited August 2010
    i tried dropbox a while ago, didnt find it useful, but im willing to use it for totse ;)
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've heard a lot about Dropbox and all good things. Sounds like File Sharing Lockers combined with Back up solutions via the "cloud". I wonder how it differs from Microsofts own 25GB SkyDrive service which is free with each email account. I know you can literally host an entire website off that free 2GB account (saw it on LifeHacker). Anyone use both to offer the similarities and differences?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I used Skydrive but's not as flexible as Dropbox. Plus it doesn't interfer with anything and you don't have to put up with MS crap. Dropbox offers 8GB and it's uploading and downloading speeds are amazing. I literally host all my pictures from it. I just paste images in different folders like I am using my normal hard disk folders and then it uploads the data in the background. I copy the link and paste it here and forget about it.

Simple, Effective and awesome.
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I used Skydrive but's not as flexible as Dropbox. Plus it doesn't interfer with anything and you don't have to put up with MS crap. Dropbox offers 8GB and it's uploading and downloading speeds are amazing. I literally host all my pictures from it. I just paste images in different folders like I am using my normal hard disk folders and then it uploads the data in the background. I copy the link and paste it here and forget about it.

Simple, Effective and awesome.

That's awesome. I though the free version was only 2GB? I should have probably checked the website instead of Wikipedia. Old habit. I'm just going to make a shit load of fake accounts and refer your and my accounts :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    That's awesome. I though the free version was only 2GB? I should have probably checked the website instead of Wikipedia. Old habit. I'm just going to make a shit load of fake accounts and refer your and my accounts :)

Just refer me and you will get 250MB by doing it.
  • 0vvarT0vvarT Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    It only gave me 2 gigs... :/

Thanks though, should be useful.
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Just refer me and you will get 250MB by doing it.

Yeah I did :). Up to 2.5GB now. Creating fake accounts didn't give me an extra 250MB per though. I think I have to reinstall it, I'm going to test that :p.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    0vvarT wrote: »
    It only gave me 2 gigs... :/

Thanks though, should be useful.

It should add 250MB ... Anyway, happy uploading.