ITT we talk about shoes

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
How seriously does the community take shoes? Which totsean has the most pairs of shoes.?

Must post pics to validate claims, as I know half the posters here are a bunch of lying fucktards... like me.

You may begin.

Comments

• Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    My only pair of shoes:
    img030.jpg
    Yeah...I need a new pair
  • edited August 2010
    I'm always shocked by guys who only have one pair of shoes. I mean, what if they rip, or get really muddy? What do you wear for all different occasions? :confused:

I have 15... :(
    edited August 2010
    I just clean them off I guess. Chuck's look good anytime and they're really easy to clean.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a pair of neon pink all stars, they looked a dark pink colour online. Completely freaked out my friend when we were walking home last weekend. She thought they were glowing, but I blame the drugs. Will maybe post pictures tomorrow of my collection of sexy stillettos
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh I own a few.

Two pairs of oxfords, one in black, one in brown.

Adiddas "indoor soccer shoe" as my casual shoe. Very light and flexible. The old black ones, not the stuipd ass new ones in neon colors.

A pair of Converse(NOT FUCKING CHUCKS) low tops that look like a soccer shoe but a bit chunkier.

Desert combat boots, and my black polished dress uniform boots.(I get to retire these bitches next year)

Currently wearing a pair of Redwing brown leather boots. $300 dollars and change, and well worth it. Study as shit, and lifetime warranty :cool:
  • edited August 2010
    Nice to see you back Ms. A ;)

Pretty amazing how totse manages to draw back the old members after only being back a short time.
    edited August 2010
    Nice to see you back Ms. A ;)

Pretty amazing how totse manages to draw back the old members after only being back a short time.

Lawl. Are you talking about me. I'm no miss. Although it would be a nice change of pace.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    i think i might have the most shoes. im going on my 13th pair
  • RainycityRainycity Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I have to say i love nikes
    edited August 2010
    Rainycity wrote: »
    I have to say i love nikes

Never owned a pair that didn't fall apart in 3 months. Utter shit as far as I'm concerned. If I'm going to spend 70 dollars on a shoe, it better last a decent amount of time.

Never had that kind of trouble with Adidas. The pair I have have lasted 4 years of heavy use. They look abused, but never had any trouble aside from the insole wearing holes in it.

I won't buy any more nikes. Ever.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I get one new pair every year or two. And use the previous ones as back ups. I am sorry but I gotta say if you a guy and you have more then two pairs of shoes (Casual and sports) you need to rethink your man card. IMO. Good time for the thread though. I just got my new shoes today. Some new DC's.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I usually keep 3 pairs of shoes. Currently it's one pair of dress loafers, older pair of Nike Impax for sport, and a pair of DC sneakers with a badass floral pattern for regular wear. Gonna replace my sneakers soon though.
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    I get one new pair every year or two. And use the previous ones as back ups. I am sorry but I gotta say if you a guy and you have more then two pairs of shoes (Casual and sports) you need to rethink your man card. IMO. Good time for the thread though. I just got my new shoes today. Some new DC's.

Actually a MAN (read: not a boy/not highschool) needs more than two.

Dress shoes, preferably in both black and brown.

Casual shoes.

Sports shoes if you run

Boots.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Actually a MAN (read: not a boy/not highschool) needs more than two.

Dress shoes, preferably in both black and brown.

Casual shoes.

Sports shoes if you run

Boots.

You know what I meant though. Just having a set of regular shoes so you can wear a different pair every week is weird for any guy Yes I didnt mention dress shoes or boots but those arent ones you wear all the time I am strictly talking about all the time shoes.

And damn I havent seen that shoes video in so damn long. I Lol'd
  • PopePope Regular
    edited August 2010
    8ef9e_nike-big-nike-high-fred-flintstone-1.jpg

I want these.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pope wrote: »
    8ef9e_nike-big-nike-high-fred-flintstone-1.jpg

I want these.

They're GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    You know what I meant though. Just having a set of regular shoes so you can wear a different pair every week is weird for any guy Yes I didnt mention dress shoes or boots but those arent ones you wear all the time I am strictly talking about all the time shoes.

And damn I havent seen that shoes video in so damn long. I Lol'd

I wore boots almost everyday for just under five years :P

Any both my parents wear dress shoes everyday aside from weekends. It's all dependent on what you do. If you work in a factory, then no, probably not going to use dress shoes. My dad is a Superintendent of schools and wears a suit, tie, and nice shoes. My mom is the Editor in Cheif of a paper.

saalllll in what you do mang. If you're in college I don't expect you to be wearing dress shoes all that often unless you're a scenester. The older you get the more shoes you're going to end up having. I only had one pair of shoes at a time when I was a youngster all the way through high school.

But I digress, I absolutely abhor chucks. Probably due to their "trendy" nature.
  • PopePope Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    They're GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

you should say yabba dabba doo

those are fred flintsone shoes, look at the back of them, nike is in bones
    edited August 2010
    But I digress, I absolutely abhor chucks. Probably due to their "trendy" nature.

Meh, I've been wearing them since I was really young. I like them cause they're comfy, not because everyone else wears them.
    edited August 2010
    Meh, I've been wearing them since I was really young. I like them cause they're comfy, not because everyone else wears them.

I thought they were uncomfortable when I tried on a friends.

To each their own, however.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I thought they were uncomfortable when I tried on a friends.

To each their own, however.

Agreed. In this town icee and others loved them so much but I really didnt care for them that much. I wore a pair once. I felt like I was wearing my sox over my sox. I like my DC's.

Not a big fan of SB shoes either because NIKE shouldnt be makin em but the flinstones thing made me laugh.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a pair from walmart that look like shoes, and a really nice pair of work boots, there fucking tonka tuff. My boots have lasted me for two years and still going strong.

I have one skateboard shoe left from highschool, and one rope sandle, I found sandles as a pair at a music festivel a few years ago then lost one of them this year at wakarusa.
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010
    I have a pair of New balance shoes that I stole. They're good, it seems like New Balance shoes are usually of very good quality, probably the best brand for basic shoes.

I also have a pair of Merell Outland boots that I retired. Didn't last a year before they needed to be repaired, but they did see some heavy use. I didn't like them, they didn't breathe well and I developed foot pain. I'll probably use them for the ol' switcharoo at Sports Authority, I should have more than one pair of shoes.

I'd like to eventually get the Vibram Five-Finger KSOs, they look pretty spiffy and the benefits of barefoot training are pretty well established.
  • KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    adidas trainers, will be upgrading to asics when I get some coin.
    Skate shoes, which I just wear as a casual shoes.
    Dress shoes, for going to clubs with so bouncers have less excuses for not letting me in the door.
    Work shoes, durable leather.
    Golf shoes, very comfy pair of adidas'
    Work boots, no laces type with steel caps.
    Thongs, basically the only thing I wear on my feet during summer.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have one pair and they are Timberland boots.
  • edited August 2010
    I've got a surprisingly nice looking pair of skate shoes, and a black pair of converse high tops. Works well for me!
    edited August 2010
    What type of shoes are best for like, looking like you know what the fuck is up with shoes/ shoe fashions? Cuz I don't :thumbsdown: I'm tired of wearing boots all the time tho, I've been occasionally rocking Crocs.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    What type of shoes are best for like, looking like you know what the fuck is up with shoes/ shoe fashions? Cuz I don't :thumbsdown: I'm tired of wearing boots all the time tho, I've been occasionally rocking Crocs.

I hear in Cali crocs score cocks.

Though that may jsut be region based.
  • KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    I hear in Cali crocs score cocks.

Though that may jsut be region based.

I've never seen anyone wear a pair of crocs IRL, true story.
    edited August 2010
    I wear em. They look really fucking bad :D
  • edited August 2010
    I have a pair, but they're the ones with the closed front, so they don't look quite so ridiculous.