Giving cops a fake name

edited August 2010 in Man Cave
I've never been asked by a cop for my name, but when that day comes - should I give them a fake name? Seems a little silly to actually give them your real name, right?

Pros + cons please, etc.

Comments

• Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Works swimmingly. I gave the name Chris Stephens and my parents found out about it, still didn't get in trouble or arrested. Of course, if I'm seen then it could be a different story.
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome. My friend's had to give their name to a cop the other day, and I just thought it was pretty stupid that they actually gave their real names. I mean, all the police are going to do is take the name down and take it back to the station. If you give a fake name then they can't do shit with it.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea I had a court date with that name tho. And I'm going to school in the neighborhood where I got busted, great.

It's nice to beat the law once in a while tho. I guess if I go to jail then my stint will probably end in murder so, I'll try to keep a low profile.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Awesome. My friend's had to give their name to a cop the other day, and I just thought it was pretty stupid that they actually gave their real names. I mean, all the police are going to do is take the name down and take it back to the station. If you give a fake name then they can't do shit with it.

You know, they don't have to go back to "the station" to look up your name. They have computers in their police cars that allow them to look up your name on their records. I've had to give my name to police before, but we weren't doing anything wrong so I wasn't scared about it.

Also, it would be embarrassing if they ask for your name, you give them a fake one, they tell you to wait there while they fiddle around on their computer in their car, they come back, and demand an explanation as to why you don't look like the 65 year old man who's name you just gave them.

besides, don't they usually ask you for your I.D?
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    You know, they don't have to go back to "the station" to look up your name. They have computers in their police cars that allow them to look up your name on their records. I've had to give my name to police before, but we weren't doing anything wrong so I wasn't scared about it.

Also, it would be embarrassing if they ask for your name, you give them a fake one, they tell you to wait there while they fiddle around on their computer in their car, they come back, and demand an explanation as to why you don't look like the 65 year old man who's name you just gave them.

This.

One time when I was younger, I was over at a friends someking blunts in his mexican neighboor hood. Suddenly two officers are at the back fence calling us over, natrualy we ditched the weed.

So we start talking, and me being the asshole that I was, started giving the cops shit about how they had no right to be on the property, (now I know cops can do what ever they please).

Suddenly Officer doucebag starts asking for names, and it hits me, I am on probation right now I already got one violation and spent a week in jail (which was an aswome story) and I wasent 100% sure I dident have any warrent, cops around make me always think I have warrents. When my number was picked, I gave them a name that was a combination of two friends.

SUCESS! ya right next thing he said SS# please. I think the first time I gave him two many numbers and I realized I was fucked, so I said wait a minuter officer I accidently gave you the wrong name.

Long story made short, they took me to the station and charged me with criminal impersonation......oh and I dident even have a warrent.:facepalm:

TL:DR-Meh.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited August 2010

besides, don't they usually ask you for your I.D?

Every time I've ever dealt with cops, I've had to give my I.D, my current address, my current phone number, and zip code.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I get stopped all the time because I walk around a lot at night. I've always have to give my id, SS#, where I'm going and my address. Never my phone number though. Why would they even need that?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    So they can text you later.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    Giving them a fake name seems retarded. It takes them about 20 seconds to either call in or check their computer and they can tell it's fake right away.

Either way they have always asked to see my idea whenever I've been dealing with them.
    edited August 2010
    jator wrote: »
    Either way they have always asked to see my idea whenever I've been dealing with them.

What kind of ideas? Anything interesting? :D
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    What kind of ideas? Anything interesting? :D

This lulio.

+1 BOOYAH!
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    They're like, "Jator, who are you?"

And then you're like, "Dude, I've got this idea."

And then they're like, "Let me see it!"
    edited August 2010
    and then he totally doesn't tell them and they're all like "ahhhhh dude come on tell us your idea!"
  • edited August 2010
    I use Carl Johnson alot. Lol (San Andreas reference.)

You basically have to hope they don't run your name in the system. (laptop)
    You could be charged with lying to a police officer. Yes that is I believe a misdo-miner.
    If you give them a fake ID. Your in a world of shit my friend.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Once I was stealing a DeLorean and a cop came up and asked me for my name. I told him I was Marty Mcfly and I was good to go. :cool:
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Providing false information to a police officer is definitely a bad idea. Few hundred dollar fine (on the spot) and shit can get way deeper, and they do check ~ or at least they always have for me.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Do not give them a fake name. Simple as that. They will almost always find out. usually right there in there squad car. And then you can go to jail and pay huge fines. I dont even want to get really into this. Just DONT do it.
    edited August 2010
    I use Carl Johnson alot. Lol (San Andreas reference.)

You basically have to hope they don't run your name in the system. (laptop)
    You could be charged with lying to a police officer. Yes that is I believe a misdo-miner.
    If you give them a fake ID. Your in a world of shit my friend.

You still take the risk?

I think the better route would be to take extra precautions not to get spotted/caught.

Also it sickens me that they have people's names on file like they own us, and they can bypass all laws to take us down if they feel it's necessary. They aren't afraid to take someone's life. Sure, shoot a man that pulls a shotgun on you, but why are we using tax money to go after drug dealers (why are psychedelics illegal?) and why are there random cops brutally maiming innocent by-standards?
  • edited August 2010
    Giving a fake name to an officer is a crime, and crimes automatically give them the right to search your shit.
    edited August 2010
    basically cops are assholes
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Giving a fake name to an officer is a crime, and crimes automatically give them the right to search your shit.

Exactly so if you do do it, Haha i said do do, make sure you dont got any shit in your car or on you just in case.
  • edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Exactly so if you do do it, Haha i said do do, make sure you dont got any shit in your car or on you just in case.

That's fine assuming the cop plays by the rules. What if he decides to drop a dime of pot in your car while he's looking through it? Then you'd be fucked, all because you gave him the opportunity.

The police are cocksuckers. Don't underestimate the degree to which they are cocksuckers.

EDIT: In short, only try to give a fake name if you have to. If you have warrants or something like that.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    That's fine assuming the cop plays by the rules. What if he decides to drop a dime of pot in your car while he's looking through it? Then you'd be fucked, all because you gave him the opportunity.

The police are cocksuckers. Don't underestimate the degree to which they are cocksuckers.

EDIT: In short, only try to give a fake name if you have to. If you have warrants or something like that.

Oh yeah I say you definitely shouldnt give a fake name. I said that on a post a little above. I was just stating that if for some dumb reason you HAVE to use a fake name be sure to be in a clean presence.
    edited August 2010
    Why would they ask for your name, if they weren't going to look all your shit up on file? common sense to tell them the truth if they catch you. Just make sure your drugs are stashed in the super secret hidden compartment
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    You still take the risk?

I think the better route would be to take extra precautions not to get spotted/caught.

Also it sickens me that they have people's names on file like they own us, and they can bypass all laws to take us down if they feel it's necessary. They aren't afraid to take someone's life. Sure, shoot a man that pulls a shotgun on you, but why are we using tax money to go after drug dealers (why are psychedelics illegal?) and why are there random cops brutally maiming innocent by-standards?

Exactly this, lets say you get pulled over, and immediately they start to hassle you because they have decided you are a undesirable, start harping on you because of your attitude, or in some cases they know you from previous encounters but could never quite bust you.

Now that you have been hassled the whole deal goes to search mode and they know there going to bust you even if they have to troll evidence out of you. But they only find some empty baggies, what looks to be weed sprinkles (that in all truthfulness are tiny bits of leaves, its a fucking car) and some other "almost evidencea".

This is the point where they flip into shit pigs, suddenly they just start piling charges on left and right all in the attempt of having a few actually stick, so what ever started as maybe one legitimate ticket turns into six or so pending charges. In a court where its your word against theirs.

Also think about this, are taxes pay there salary, its like paying someone to bully you. :o
    edited August 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    Exactly this, lets say you get pulled over, and immediately they start to hassle you because they have decided you are a undesirable, start harping on you because of your attitude, or in some cases they know you from previous encounters but could never quite bust you.

Now that you have been hassled the whole deal goes to search mode and they know there going to bust you even if they have to troll evidence out of you. But they only find some empty baggies, what looks to be weed sprinkles (that in all truthfulness are tiny bits of leaves, its a fucking car) and some other "almost evidencea".

This is the point where they flip into shit pigs, suddenly they just start piling charges on left and right all in the attempt of having a few actually stick, so what ever started as maybe one legitimate ticket turns into six or so pending charges. In a court where its your word against theirs.

Also think about this, are taxes pay there salary, its like paying someone to bully you. :o

The worst part is you can't just be like "naw officer, I ain't stoppin', have a good day *blows a big hit of smoke*"

You run, they chase. They will take you down. They will use guns if necessary. If you try to use guns they will kill you immediately. No questions. And you pay money out of your salary to keep them employed.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Giving them a fake name seems retarded. It takes them about 20 seconds to either call in or check their computer and they can tell it's fake right away.

This

I had a buddy that did this all the time
    The rcmp caught up to him a year later or so and he got a year in jail for giving the police false information

They made him do 11 months and 25 days to be total pricks

I just don't think it is worth it
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    This

I had a buddy that did this all the time
    The rcmp caught up to him a year later or so and he got a year in jail for giving the police false information

They made him do 11 months and 25 days to be total pricks

I just don't think it is worth it

Damn, just for criminal impersonation?

For criminal impersonation and distribution to minors, I had the option of a huge court fine that would have turned into tons of community service or spend two days in jail.

11 monthts? Was he like a serial impersonator?
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited August 2010
    here they ask you for an ID. I was in the 'hood at 4 in the morning on a monday morning once, got stopped, and i lied and said that i didn't have an ID. He used this as a probable cause to search me, which is bullshit right?

but it depends on the situation...if you are doing something minor than its likely the cops will just give u a warning if you are honest and treat them with respect. Theres no reason to give a fake name really unless you have a warrant
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    MegaKush wrote: »
    here they ask you for an ID. I was in the 'hood at 4 in the morning on a monday morning once, got stopped, and i lied and said that i didn't have an ID. He used this as a probable cause to search me, which is bullshit right?

but it depends on the situation...if you are doing something minor than its likely the cops will just give u a warning if you are honest and treat them with respect. Theres no reason to give a fake name really unless you have a warrant

That's actually legal.

Which is why if you are dealing with something illegal (i.e. carrying drugs on you) always have an idea on you.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    always have an idea on you.

another victim to habit :p
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010

If you don't carry any personal info you win. Don't disclose any real information.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I never give cops my real name unless i get pulled over because then i would have to say i dont have my license and risk getting a ticket. Most of the times that i'm piss drunk walking the streets with friends and a cop asks for my name i just use some straight A student's that i have a class with and lives a street over from me. All he does is ask me to go home and write down "my information" on his faggy little belt notepad.

We are talking specifically when you get pulled over. If a cop just started talking to me I wouldn't give him a fake name. I just wouldnt give him my name. He has no right to know nor should he care.