Who's Religion is correct

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Alot of people question whos religion is right who do they follow? Will I go to hell if Im wrong? Should I just follow the religion of my parents? The answer is nobody has the fool truth and god tests different people in different ways. He created different paths for different people for various times. Was Bhudda wrong was Jesus wrong was muhhamed wrong? No they werent they were divinley inspired according to circumstance. Rules aren't the path to heaven the path is knowledge, enlightment Nirvana Gnosis what ever you want to call it. Ill use gnosis today. What is it? Well its an internal knowledge an infalliable truth that you can reach through many different means whether its psychedelics or meditation. Providence loves and is merciful towards all so if your religion feels right and works and causes you to do good follow it dont fear hell. Hell is reserved for only the most evil and those that reject gods love. heaven is within you hell is within you the choice is yours. The bible says god is within us all. We just have to embrace him.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Agnostics. We cant really be wrong:o

No you cant Agnostics accept that they dont know everything and that is never wrong.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Everyone can be wrong.
    edited August 2010
    wood wrote: »
    Everyone can be wrong.

The ones who are wrong are those who honestly believe there is nothing greater than they. Who believe all this was an accident that serves no purpose. It is they who are very wrong.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    There is no right or wrong. All that seems contradictory and opposite is actually mutually dependent / in union.
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    There is no right or wrong. All that seems contradictory and opposite is actually mutually dependent / in union.

I dont believe in right and wrong as most people see it. Its not as black and white as people think. I believe if what you do leads you to a path of happiness and a path you enjoy your doing right. However if your path does nothing but bring down yourself and others then you've done wrong.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    There aren't any crests without any troughs.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    I dont believe in right and wrong as most people see it. Its not as black and white as people think. I believe if what you do leads you to a path of happiness and a path you enjoy your doing right. However if your path does nothing but bring down yourself and others then you've done wrong.

I've never seen any path that is purely negative, if there were such a path I would apply for High Priest. The universe operates according to the laws of Balance, though, and no one and nothing is wholly good or evil.

There is a path for everyone.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Sometimes it feels as if Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Moses, Zeus and whatever other religious figures you can think of are just sitting in a house somewhere laughing their heads off at us down here on earth fighting over which one of them actually exist and which one doesn't.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    The ones who are wrong are those who honestly believe there is nothing greater than they. Who believe all this was an accident that serves no purpose. It is they who are very wrong.

You can't prove they are wrong.
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You can't prove they are wrong.

I think the proof of something out there is pretty self evident. Also nobody can prove there is nothing out there.
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Sometimes it feels as if Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Moses, Zeus and whatever other religious figures you can think of are just sitting in a house somewhere laughing their heads off at us down here on earth fighting over which one of them actually exist and which one doesn't.

I've personally kicked it with 3/6 of those figures.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Alot of people question whos religion is right who do they follow? Will I go to hell if Im wrong? Should I just follow the religion of my parents? The answer is nobody has the fool truth and god tests different people in different ways. He created different paths for different people for various times. Was Bhudda wrong was Jesus wrong was muhhamed wrong? No they werent they were divinley inspired according to circumstance. Rules aren't the path to heaven the path is knowledge, enlightment Nirvana Gnosis what ever you want to call it. Ill use gnosis today. What is it? Well its an internal knowledge an infalliable truth that you can reach through many different means whether its psychedelics or meditation. Providence loves and is merciful towards all so if your religion feels right and works and causes you to do good follow it dont fear hell. Hell is reserved for only the most evil and those that reject gods love. heaven is within you hell is within you the choice is yours. The bible says god is within us all. We just have to embrace him.

So you're siding with Christianity, eh? How about the Qur'an? Is it wrong?
    edited August 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    So you're siding with Christianity, eh? How about the Qur'an? Is it wrong?

I think theres definite flaws with both religions in particular some of the rules that seem much more man made than god made. For instance the old testament says to kill someone who works on Sunday and how Islam says to kill apostates. I do believe jesus was the son of god however I am open to the possibility that Islam was correct in saying he was a prophet and the messiah claims were made by man. What I notice is that most religions seem to share the same basic story. We were created do good towards your fellow man dont do evil end times etc etc. And I think the basic truth is that there is something much greater than us yet its also within us. I dont think we can ever know the 100 percent truth until after we die but there are key things to learn from all religions. In the end I think the key is to try to do good and be mindful of god but at the same time your not going to hell for jerkin it or not praying at the right time.
  • ArmsMerchantArmsMerchant Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Hell is a myth--no such place.

Getting back to topic--all religions that I am familair with have some elements of truth, but none have the Whole Truth.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »

super_best_friends.jpg
    edited August 2010

Getting back to topic--all religions that I am familair with have some elements of truth, but none have the Whole Truth.

I think there is a hell nearly every religion has a concept of one however I think only the most evil of people go there. And its not a literal lake of fire but merely the complete absence of god and good. Are you saying Ghandi and a guy that proudly kills rapes and eats babys while blasheming with no remorse will go to the same place?
    edited August 2010
    lol I've been to hell before. You don't even need to be "evil", just heavy. Mentally heavy, that is.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    wood wrote: »
    Everyone can be wrong.

Agreed

All religions are fucked in some manner
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think the proof of something out there is pretty self evident. Also nobody can prove there is nothing out there.

Saying it's self-evident is a cop out and it's certainly not logical. If it were self-evident, everyone would see it and there'd be no doubt. Why? Because it would be self-evident. This is a cop out because it doesn't answer or even try to address my issue.

I never said anyone could prove there is nothing. You cannot prove a negative. It's a logical fallacy to even try. As an example, you cannot prove that the giant spaghetti monster isn't the creator of everything. You have no evidence that he doesn't exist. You have no proof he isn't the divine creator.

You cannot use the bible as proof simply because it says "this is the truth." The historian character in Don Quijote says his story is the absolute truth. We're supposed to believe it too?
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited August 2010

Hell is talked about a lot, there must be something to it.

and on topic.
    A group of travelers came to a tall mountain at the top of which they were told was hidden
    unparalleled riches. Anxious to reach such riches they sought for a path way by which to
    climb the mountain. They soon discover that there were many pathways. At the foot of each
    pathway they came across locals who all confirmed that this particular pathway was the
    best, and indeed only, pathway to bring the traveller to the top of the mountain.

They became a little confused which group of locals was right? One or two more
    adventurous and bolder spirits took the nearest pathway and traveled a little way up.
    Reaching a plateau they heard the call of someone at the top of mountain. The call was a
    little faint, but could be heard - they hurried back to the rest of the party to convey the
    message they had heard. On reaching their comrades they were pleased to be able to tell
    them that it was all right, they need not be concerned, the message was that 'all the paths
    lead to the top of the mountain'.

The party of travelers were overjoyed and, rejoicing, they went round the mountain telling all
    the various groups of locals at the foot of each path that, whilst they were right that their
    particular path did lead up the mountain, the same was true for all the other paths. Of
    course they got a mixed reception. Some embraced this and some rejected it. The group
    continued to travel round the mountain rejoicing in their knowledge that all paths lead to the
    top of the mountain. Of course, you will have noticed something which escaped their
    attention. That, despite this 'knowledge', none of the party ever actually went all the way up
    the mountain.

The fact is that those who had returned from their plateau with the message had not
    realized that in the difficult conditions in which they had heard the message a part of it had
    not been heard - perhaps it was due to the howling of the wind, who can tell. What had
    actually been said by the one calling from the mountain was -
    "ALL THE PATHS LEAD UP THE MOUNTAIN - SO COME UP BY ONE OF THEM."
  • DevotionDevotion Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Saying it's self-evident is a cop out and it's certainly not logical. If it were self-evident, everyone would see it and there'd be no doubt. Why? Because it would be self-evident. This is a cop out because it doesn't answer or even try to address my issue.

I never said anyone could prove there is nothing. You cannot prove a negative. It's a logical fallacy to even try. As an example, you cannot prove that the giant spaghetti monster isn't the creator of everything. You have no evidence that he doesn't exist. You have no proof he isn't the divine creator.

You cannot use the bible as proof simply because it says "this is the truth." The historian character in Don Quijote says his story is the absolute truth. We're supposed to believe it too?

I think what he means by "self-evident" is not that it is obvious or in plain view, but rather if you explore your "self", you can find the answers within your "self". I'm sure we all have had the experience of knowing and not knowing. It is silly to say because everybody is not born knowing, or that many people do not know; therefore it cannot be known. It's just like if your "self" lacks eyesight, then you are blind, and you cannot see the light of sunshine, or the presence of the sun globe; then the sun does not exist to you, as far as you are concerned. Does that mean that the sun does not exist? The sun is just as important to a blind man as a man with perfect eyesight, though one is better able to enjoy. That is an example with corporeal occurence. The same principal applies to ethereal occurence.
    L33tz wrote: »
    Hell is talked about a lot, there must be something to it.

and on topic.

Is bilal arabic for satan?
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited August 2010
    Devotion wrote: »

Is bilal arabic for satan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah_al-Habashi
    Bilal ibn Rabah al-Habashi was the first muezzin(caller for prayer). He was a freed Ethiopian slave.

my sig is from a song called frontline by army of the pharaohs