Who likes nightmares?

edited January 2011 in Life
I know most people are suppose to not like getting nightmares, but I personally love having nightmares. some of my most vivid dreams are nightmares, and I generally love waking up from really creepy dreams. Like this one where there were these people that were normal accept they had porcelain pig heads for heads (like, think piggy bank) and one of them talked in this really scary voice. I remember waking up sweating and scared out of my balls but I loved it.

anyone else the same way?

Comments

• DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't actually like being in the nightmare, but the feeling of relief I get when waking up from one...fucking A.

I had a nightmare last night where I was disabled. That was the worst fucking nightmare I have had in a long fucking time. :(

Like I was in a wheelchair and on both my hands I only had two fingers. I think that was my subconscious telling me how addicted I am to the internet.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't know. I don't hate them. I rarely have them. My 'kidnapped by rapist hillbillies' dream that I had a couple weeks back was my first real nightmare in years. And when I woke up for real (woke up in my dream like 5 times) I was shaken but also loling. All in all I'd say I enjoy them, if only 'cause of how thrilling they are.

Rapist hillbillies in tunnels is pretty fucking random.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure I have nightmares. I don't have good dreams either, they're just always very macabre. Like this one I had I was looking for my niece who was screaming somewhere in the distance and I was walking through this huge concrete breeze-way where there were rooms with a glass wall facing you. People were in these rooms and every once in a while the floor would suddenly and violently crash to the ceiling then slowly pull apart with all the blood and organs dripping down then a new person or people would walk through the door and wait.

They're all kinda like that.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    I hate wakeing up to a nightmare.

I havent really had many nightmares in years, the last one I can think of I was trying to jump across a river and I landed in a alligators mouth and I could feel the pressure of its mouth closeing in on me.

I woke up and thought damn that was a cool dream.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nightmares provide a reassuring feeling for me. It might be unpleasant, but I can feel that I will be able to find my escape. When I wake up and try to remember any details, I know that I got out of it alive, and that acts as a confidence boost that I can do anything if I put myself to it. Sure, it might not be real (who knows), but at the time it definitely seemed real. It's the old cliché of 'you can always learn from bad experiences,' but that's exactly the way I feel.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nightmares? Earth is one. It's just that I can't wake up from it. lol

I feel like life is one big dream, but it's not. When I have a nightmare it does feel scary, but somehow it feels pleasant. Pleasant by escaping into a reality that's beyond belief. My nightmares can range from being painful, hurtful, memorable or even worse dealing with the supernatural. Supernatural is actually bizarre it feels like another entity has stepped into my realm and tries to take my life or soul. It's weird because, when it does happen I end up praying to God and I instantly wake up.

Lucid Dreaming is pretty insane, as well.
  • Malcolm XMalcolm X Regular
    edited August 2010
    I had a nightmare 2 nights ago that my mom died and there were zombies running around my neighborhood. It was terrible while I was in the dream but it seems kinda cool now that I'm awake.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nightmares are alright. I wake up feeling exhilarated(spelling?) and relieved.

The other night I dreamed millions of tiny, evil spider-like creatures were overrunning my street. I had some strange being who reminded me of a huge, humanoid cat for some reason...HE was like my buddy. We climbed a tree while running from the spiders. Then another strange humanoid threw us a rope from over a fence. We grabbed the rope and were pulled to it...Then there was a small house. We entered after the humanoid and there were more unrecognisable beings in there sheltering from the spiders. They told me were safe because the spiders were afraid of the cat-like being that was somehow connected with me and wouldn't enter the house....Thats all I remember.

A cool dream I had the next night. I was riding a bike after purchasing the Necronomicon and rode over a hill and just kept going up. Started flying over snow-topped mountains and then eventually falling. Just before I landed in the canopy of a forest, everything flipped upside down and I began to float to the ground, which resulted in me waking very peacefully.

I love the crazy dreams I get when I stop smoking weed.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I fucking love nightmares. Its like a horror film with you in it and I love horror movies. Very much. But I also agree that when you wake up the feeling of holy shit i am glad that didnt just happen are also really nice.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    i had a nightmare once bout fukin aliens they laid me on a flat cold metal table and had me held down my these metal straps , i still remember . they had another person, female, they were doing something with her that's when i was like oh shit .then those motherfukers came upto me with this instrument looked like a pen with this little ball of spark on the tip and they were gonna do something to my eye . that's when i woke up and was trippin ballz sweating like a fukin nigger out in the cotton field.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    blindbat wrote: »
    i had a nightmare once bout fukin aliens they laid me on a flat cold metal table and had me held down my these metal straps , i still remember . they had another person, female, they were doing something with her that's when i was like oh shit .then those motherfukers came upto me with this instrument looked like a pen with this little ball of spark on the tip and they were gonna do something to my eye . that's when i woke up and was trippin ballz sweating like a fukin nigger out in the cotton field.

Sounds like you got probed by aliens and then they took most of your memory away so you would just think its a dream. Quick go to the doctor for an x-ray to find what they implanted in you.
    :eek: :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    I don't.
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I don't get nightmares unless I'm feverish, and they're always the same ones. One, there's a tornado just sitting there. Second one is just something like silly putty falling into a larger pool of silly putty (scares the FUCK out of me for some reason) and lastly, it's my parents trying to take over the world.

I wouldn't exactly call them scary so much as anxiety and dread. (which sounds like what fright is, but it's more of a long feeling than scary which is not quite so)
  • VisualoveVisualove New Arrival
    edited December 2010
    when I saw this thread, i expected to find suggestions to give me nightmares.
    (movies, websites, clips). I need some dammit
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited December 2010
    nightmarez are kewl .
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited January 2011
    No- you're a freak.

Kidding,

I love waking up from Nightmares and feeling the security that it was all fake
  • edited January 2011
    I had a terrible nightmare the other night, possibly one of the scariest dreams I have had in a long while. Basically, it involved me being in my bedroom with a couple of people who I know. I forget who they were exactly, but one may have been my girlfriend. I think there was a close call with some kind of evil presence, as I seem to remember we were discussing how we were lucky to have escaped. A little while into the conversation, I turned to my friend who was on the bed, and looked her straight in the eyes. Suddenly, I was hooked onto her gaze, her pupils dilating in a unnatural way causing me to stare even deeper into that terrifying look on her face. I tried to shout for help, but it was pointless. Only seconds had gone by since I was saying how lucky I was, and I quickly realized that I wasn't lucky at all.

The room began to spin around me, turning black and a horrible blood red color and yet I was still fixated on her eyes, unable to move or speak. I felt a sharp sensation shooting through my hand and my arm when the girl reached out and touched me, as though I had been electrocuted. I was falling into consciousness, but the grip of the dream was holding me back, trying to overcome me and keep me in this horrible nightmare for longer. The next thing I remember was her horrible voice, sounding as though it had come from some kind of demonic creature with more than one set of vocal chords - distorted, shrill and painful to listen to. She mentioned something about the devil, and possessing me and my soul. I was pretty fucked.

I awoke with a nasty jolt in my bed, unable to move for a minute or so. I gathered my thoughts, opening my eyes to the same scene in my bedroom as the one in my dream just mere seconds before I regained consciousness. Scary as fuck, but pretty cool.