LSD and God

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
A few years ago i was a lost soul I had no real religion or anything. Then one night I dropped LSD. And during the trip I just knew there was something bigger than us something bigger than we can imagine. too this day I still use psychedelics to get closer to providence. I believe drugs are more than just drugs and they can allow you to converse with god they can help you piece together the truths that exist in all religions.

Comments

• FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, opiates taught me to quit opiates, it was like they told me, hey buddaaay quit fuckin around.

So I was like alright, and went and did some more opiates.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Interesting study's obbe when I took Mushrooms I felt like a prophet psychedelics always make me feel enlightened as hell and the feeling has stayed. I believe providence spoke to me through the shrooms and the acid. even Salvia to an extent but that seemed like a realm I didnt belong in. also Fry while opiates are awesome they are enemys of the mind and soul as they close them where psych's open them.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ive always wanted a life changing psychedelic experience. Ive done shrooms quite a few times and ive tried lsd once but ive never had (at least that i remember) a mystical experience.
    Higher doses + isolation.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes. Try tripping out in pitch blackness. When it's quiet, too.
    edited August 2010
    when I had my first mystical experience it was with a very high dose of LSD and I decided to wander around outdoors. then I laid down and looked to the stars and suddenly it began and I was filled with enlightenment.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've had so many mystical & religious experiences with psychedelics that they're pretty much "normal" for me, as normal as it can get when you're kicking it with Buddha, Shiva, Isis, and a host of other random gods...
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    The best part is when you learn to achieve states of enlightenment when you are sober. Yes, psychedelics helped me. I encourage everyone to try them. I don't encourage abusing psychedelics though. Like, taking acid multiple times a week and shit.
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    The best part is when you learn to achieve states of enlightenment when you are sober. Yes, psychedelics helped me. I encourage everyone to try them. I don't encourage abusing psychedelics though. Like, taking acid multiple times a week and shit.

Ive always found abusing them always ruins any enlightening mystical experience the body grows tolerant of them VERY fast.
    edited August 2010
    This brings up the question of why psychedelics are illegal. If the vast majority of users use them responsibly and quest for a higher self guidance when they drop acid, why are we paying our government to oppress us?
    edited August 2010
    Are there states of enlightenment? Or is it a condition of existence, like consciousness?
    edited August 2010
    Are there states of enlightenment? Or is it a condition of existence, like consciousness?

More words, more descriptions...all the same understanding at this point.
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. How do you know your understanding is my understanding, or that understanding is even capable?
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. How do you know your understanding is my understanding, or that understanding is even capable?

I guess I don't.

maybe I do though.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010

Depends on the language we are describing it with. Seriously, this might be easier to understand in, like, german or something.

But really, asking that question just begs more questions. What do we mean by 'enlightenment'? What do we mean by consciousness, and what does it mean to exist?

Like you said to megalodon, we're going to have different understandings. So let's start sharing them. Why not?

I think that existence is sort of like a relationship. How can 'I' exist unless there is some 'other' then me? Just as the inside only exists in union with the outside, I only exist in union with everything else.

What's consciousness? I believe that it is very mysterious and is sort of built around language. It's a sort of 'mind-space' that doesn't actually exist in any physical location. Consciousness mainly allows us to comprehend and describe the indescribable and incomprehensible. It's what breaks down reality into insides and outsides, my self and others, separate things.

What's enlightenment? I think it actually makes you feel lighter. And the world is brighter. And I believe, biologically, that consciousness becomes (at least to some degree) inhibited when you feel this way, as you begin to realize the true nature of reality, that seemingly contradictory things are actually very much in union. And you can learn to control that feeling.
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    This brings up the question of why psychedelics are illegal. If the vast majority of users use them responsibly and quest for a higher self guidance when they drop acid, why are we paying our government to oppress us?

Because if enough people used them they'd lose alot of control. Notice how whenever you are on them the bullshit of alot of daily life and issues becomes so much clearer/ They dont want that.