So I got a job now

CloudcatCloudcat Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Goddamn...

I always thought that I would just be a loser for my whole life, but now I've officially become part of the rat race, with a steady paycheck and everything.

It's so depressing. Life is a lot easier when no one expects anything from you, but now I actually have responsibilities and shit. FUCK.

Wth.

Comments

• TackzoTackzo Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Screw that, just be a bum. (unless the job is super easy and you don't have to do shit)
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited August 2010
    just do something to get you fired, then it's not your fault, they were out to get you and now you don't have a job again
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    just do something to get you fired, then it's not your fault, they were out to get you and now you don't have a job again

I must obtain currency if I am to eat and live under a roof.

But the thing is, those two things are basically EVERYTHING that I want out of life. I shouldn't have to do this bullshit just to get such basic things. It's not like I'm asking for a lot, or working towards a goal or something, you know?

Rent is fucking $1200 a fucking month. Plus there's food and other essential shit I need to buy. It's so expensive just to be alive. Fuck.

Well, it's either this, or beg for change and sleep under a newspaper every night, just like all those disgusting insects that I see every day, and there's no way I'm gonna do that shit, so I guess I'm stuck with this for now...
  • TackzoTackzo Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    I must obtain currency if I am to eat and live under a roof.

But the thing is, those two things are basically EVERYTHING that I want out of life. I shouldn't have to do this bullshit just to get such basic things. It's not like I'm asking for a lot, or working towards a goal or something. You know?

Rent is fucking $1200 a fucking month. Plus there's food and other essential shit I need to buy. It's so expensive just to be alive. Fuck.

Well, it's either this, or beg for change and sleep under a newspaper every night, just like all those disgusting insects that I see every day, and there's no way I'm gonna do that shit, so I guess I'm stuck with this for now...

1200 a month? I heard that in Las Vegas there was some apparments for like 200 something a month. I'm sure you could find some place for cheaper than that. If 1200 is the cheapest I'd just say forget it and live in an abandoned building and spend the time I would have spent working walking around finding coins on the ground.
    edited August 2010
    Tackzo wrote: »
    1200 a month? I heard that in Las Vegas there was some apparments for like 200 something a month. I'm sure you could find some place for cheaper than that. If 1200 is the cheapest I'd just say forget it and live in an abandoned building and spend the time I would have spent working walking around finding coins on the ground.

Ah, yeah, I forgot to change that, huh?

I moved to San Francisco a little while ago. On impulse, really.

What in the fuck was I thinking? :facepalm:

Yeah, back in Vegas, there were some rat infested holes available for about $300/month, but let's just say that circumstances are such that I can never, EVER go back to Las Vegas again, and I'm stuck in this city for at least the next couple years.

And it's one of the most expensive cities to live in in this country. Luckily minimum wage is a few bucks more than most places, but it's really not that much of a difference in the long run...
    edited August 2010
    Tackzo wrote: »
    I'd just say forget it and live in an abandoned building and spend the time I would have spent working walking around finding coins on the ground.

Actually, all the other poor people in this city had the same idea.

All the time you'll see old Asian ladies walking all up and down the city, taking out aluminum cans and shit from every single trashcan they encounter. And picking up all the coins, and other things they can pawn.

Even the homeless people have a competitive job market out here :facepalm:

FUCK
  • zingalongzingalong Regular
    edited August 2010
    Move to a cheaper area then dumbass... fuck...
    edited August 2010
    zingalong wrote: »
    Move to a cheaper area then dumbass... fuck...

Circumstances are such that I cannot leave this city for at least a couple years. No matter what.

But that's not even the problem. The amount of money it costs to live here is a non-issue.

I've already said that I want almost nothing out of life. Even if I had money left over, I would just put it into some account or something and let it fester until I die. I'm making enough to just only do what I want to do, which is eat and sleep in a bed, but I don't think that I should have to do so much work just to get these simple things.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    Circumstances are such that I cannot leave this city for at least a couple years. No matter what.

But that's not even the problem. The amount of money it costs to live here is a non-issue.

I've already said that I want almost nothing out of life. Even if I had money left over, I would just put it into some account or something and let it fester until I die. I'm making enough to just only do what I want to do, which is eat and sleep in a bed, but I don't think that I should have to do so much work just to get these simple things.

What are your goals?
    edited August 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    What are your goals?

In my ideal world, I will sleep in a warm bed when I get tired, and I will eat when I am hungry. I will quietly whittle away the time alone until I die, without ever being bothered by anyone.

I never asked for anything from this world, I just wanted to be left alone.
    edited August 2010
    In my ideal world, I will sleep in a warm bed when I get tired, and I will eat when I am hungry. I will quietly whittle away the time alone until I die, without ever being bothered by anyone.

I never asked for anything from this world, I just wanted to be left alone.

Don't be such a fucking loser. Do something amazing. Don't ask for shit take shit. Have fun. It took me a long time to to realize that the whole lone wolf shit doesn't work. Humans need other humans to survive. Ask yourself why your on this website.
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010
    Sucks to be you. :o:o:o

Do you want me to visit you and cheer you up?
    edited August 2010
    Don't be such a fucking loser. Do something amazing. Don't ask for shit take shit. Have fun. It took me a long time to to realize that the whole lone wolf shit doesn't work. Humans need other humans to survive. Ask yourself why your on this website.

I hate most people. And I'm not trying to sound like a mopey emo faggot here, just there is nothing that I want from other humans. I don't care about love or friendship and shit.

As for why I'm on this site, that's part of the goals I mentioned. Quietly whittling away time, alone. If I wasn't doing this, I'd be doing something else by myself.
    edited August 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    Sucks to be you. :o:o:o

Do you want me to visit you and cheer you up?

No :o
    edited August 2010
    I hate most people. And I'm not trying to sound like a mopey emo faggot here, just there is nothing that I want from other humans. I don't care about love or friendship and shit.

As for why I'm on this site, that's part of the goals I mentioned. Quietly whittling away time, alone. If I wasn't doing this, I'd be doing something else by myself.

You should get into psychedelics, it will change your perspective on some things.
    edited August 2010
    You should get into psychedelics, it will change your perspective on some things.

Everyone says that.

Yeah, I've played the drug game before, and it's not all it's hyped up to be. It didn't "open the world up to me" or "blow my mind".

It's just that when weak-minded people start doing drugs, it causes them to become more introspective, philosophical, "deep", and etc whereas before they were just breezing through life or whatever.

But I was already an introspective person to begin with, and I had already learned what "self-awareness" was, so it didn't have the same effect on me.

Well, maybe that's not what you were talking about though...
    edited August 2010
    Everyone says that.

Yeah, I've played the drug game before, and it's not all it's hyped up to be. It didn't "open the world up to me" or "blow my mind".

It's just that when weak-minded people start doing drugs, it causes them to become more introspective, philosophical, "deep", and etc whereas before they were just breezing through life or whatever.

But I was already an introspective person to begin with, and I had already learned what "self-awareness" was, so it didn't have the same effect on me.

Well, maybe that's not what you were talking about though...

Have you tried DMT?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Good job, now you just need a girlfriend and a pension, then you can die.
    edited August 2010
    Have you tried DMT?

Why yes.

There is some of it in my body at this very moment, in fact. Just like always.
    edited August 2010
    Are you unattractive?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yup. A new job sounds nice until you wake up and realize you are going to be on a permanent schedule for the rest of your life and the pay checks always feel smaller and smaller and the days longer and longer.
    edited August 2010
    Are you unattractive?

I've been told before by many people that I am extremely attractive.

And no, that's not counting my mum.

Although people have different preferences. Maybe many other people would say that I'm not so attractive. But the point is that my looks have never been a problem for me.

I'm not fat or anything either.

So if you're trying to say that I don't like being around people because I look like the Phantom of the Opera, or I'm a social retard or something, I'll tell you that that's not the case.
    edited August 2010
    I've been told before by many people that I am extremely attractive.

And no, that's not counting my mum.

Although people have different preferences. Maybe many other people would say that I'm not so attractive. But the point is that my looks have never been a problem for me.

I'm not fat or anything either.

So if you're trying to say that I don't like being around people because I look like the Phantom of the Opera, or I'm a social retard or something, I'll tell you that that's not the case.

So why don't you fucking like people? Do you have a reason?
    edited August 2010
    So why don't you fucking like people? Do you have a reason?

Anything I can do with a friend, I can do by myself. Or maybe I should say that those things that you can only do with a friend, I don't enjoy at all.

That's the main thing.

Other than that, most people are illogical and just generally bothersome.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating things a bit here.

I like doing certain things with people (such as sex, for example), but my point is that %100 of the time, when you build a friendship or other kind of relationship, you have to take the baggage attached to it as well, and in the end, it's just not worth it.

At least for me.
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited August 2010
    So on topic, what kinda job you get OP?
    edited August 2010
    Anything I can do with a friend, I can do by myself. Or maybe I should say that those things that you can only do with a friend, I don't enjoy at all.

That's the main thing.

I like doing certain things with people (such as sex, for example), but my point is that %100 of the time, when you build a friendship or other kind of relationship, you have to take the baggage attached to it as well, and in the end, it's just not worth it.

At least for me.

I could understand what your saying here. Maybe you just haven't met the right type of person yet. Just don't sound so glum about it, it's unhealthy. This is starting to sound gay.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Why would anyone move to the fruit capital of the united states
    edited August 2010
    I could understand what your saying here. Maybe you just haven't met the right type of person yet. Just don't sound so glum about it, it's unhealthy. This is starting to sound gay.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, it's not like I have the choice of just being alone without ever being bothered by anyone anyway. There's too many people in the world for that. I'll just have to make do I guess.
    sAINT wrote: »
    So on topic, what kinda job you get OP?

I'm a hotel desk clerk. I'm on grave tonight. Actually, I go in for my first official shift in about an hour.

Also, it's in a bad part of town, and the last person who worked the grave shift got the shit beat out of her by some drunk nigger. Lol.

Thankfully though, we're booked to capacity right now, so I can just tell anyone who doesn't have a reservation to go away and I won't have to deal with them.
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010

That's the main thing.

At least for me.

Completely agree.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm a hotel desk clerk. I'm on grave tonight. Actually, I go in for my first official shift in about an hour.

Also, it's in a bad part of town, and the last person who worked the grave shift got the shit beat out of her by some drunk nigger. Lol.

Thankfully though, we're booked to capacity right now, so I can just tell anyone who doesn't have a reservation to go away and I won't have to deal with them.

Woah, sounds like you're in for some fun. Hope you make it out alive :thumbsup:

Grave shift anywhere is sketchy as fuck. Is it a nice hotel ?
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    doubt it if drunk niggers are beating the shit out of hotel desk clerks
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    so how much are you getting payed? dont think you're gonna make the rent mark. do you live with some one else?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Move to a shithole and pay $400 for a studio.

It's not that hard.

Or seduce a rich old-fuck [male/female] and hope they let you get a hold of their riches.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited August 2010
    Growing up fucking blows.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the suck.
    edited August 2010
    Spook wrote: »
    Is it a nice hotel ?

By no means.

It is the worst shithole I've ever seen. Honestly, I don't know how it passes inspections every year. I think the owner just pays people off.

We don't get many guests, but when we do, they are foreigners who thought they were getting a good deal on a hotel, but when they get here and realize just how bad the place sucks, they usually complain and leave early.

So most of our income comes from "Charity cases". Almost the whole second floor and some of the third floor is booked full of drug users and felony ex-cons whose rents are paid for entirely by some Non-Profit Narcotics Anonymous program or some shit.

Other than that, there is a huge bug problem, and the building is practically falling apart since it's been around since the 30's with only minimal upkeep.

Also, there's only a total of ten people on the staff to run the place. And one of them is the owner.
    blindbat wrote: »
    so how much are you getting payed? dont think you're gonna make the rent mark. do you live with some one else?

Minimum in SF is about $10/h. So that's what I make.

I'm currently rooming with an older woman for $600 a month. She gave me a discount for the first month though, so technically it's only $450 for this month. But I doubt I can cover next month. I'm currently looking to work something out.
  • edited August 2010
    You will care about love when your balls explode.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck. I need a job too. I just wanna save a few grand and head to a 3rd world country for a while. So when I come back I'll be like, my life fucking RULES.
  • zingalongzingalong Regular
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    Fuck. I need a job too. I just wanna save a few grand and head to a 3rd world country for a while. So when I come back I'll be like, my life fucking RULES.

Why not just buy some makeup and put on black-face for a while instead. Same result, just cheaper.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    zingalong wrote: »
    Why not just buy some makeup and put on black-face for a while instead. Same result, just cheaper.

Black people aren't treated badly where I live.