Oprah is Leaving Daytime Television

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Thank goodness and its about time! I'm sure we'll still see her all over the media but at least her flagship is going to port.
It's official, The Oprah Winfrey Show will officially end its reign as the Queen of Daytime Talk Television in September of 2011. That gives us about 24 months to give Oprah a bitter sweet goodbye.

Oprah will give us her personal goodbye tomorrow morning on her show, Friday November 19, 2009. Pass out the tissues and expect tears all around. For a quarter of a century, Oprah Winfrey has broadcast her one hour show around the world. Oprah is a true Icon, a woman who literally changed the world as we know it. Her kind heart and joyous spirit along with a quest for thoroughness and fairness will be missed.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30363-Canada-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m11d19-Harpo-Inc-Say-Goodbye-to-Oprah-Winfrey

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Didn't she tell everyone this last year?

Edit: Look at the date, November 19, 2009

Well I guess it's time for me to take over daytime talk shows.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    How did she change the world aside from making stay at home moms think it's ok to be as fat as she is?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I hate her, because he gives out present and I NEVER GOT ONE. Plus she is fat and talk about getting in shape in most of her shows.

Anyway, he did help out many Africans [niggers] and did run some good aid campaigns, for that I respect her.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    id rather watch her show than something like The View
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    It is about fucking time

That bloody hag
    edited August 2010
    The view has ms. goldberg, though. She's actually intelligent and usually presents a normal point of view.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The view has ms. goldberg, though. She's actually intelligent and usually presents a normal point of view.

Ive always hated whoopi Goldberg I cant explain quite why she just pisses me off and no its not a racist thing I just hate her. Her opinions her face everything about her rubs me the wrong way. On topic though I dont see how Oprah "changed the world" shes just a talk show host.
    edited August 2010
    I guess I meant whoopi in relation to the other 3 crazy ass bitches on that show. Those other 3 make her look normal and intelligent.

Oprah hasn't done shit. Maybe some charity work, but that's it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I guess I meant whoopi in relation to the other 3 crazy ass bitches on that show. Those other 3 make her look normal and intelligent.

Oprah hasn't done shit. Maybe some charity work, but that's it.

Very true in comparison to the other 3 she seems to be Einstein. I dont understand why people would willingly watch the view.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Very true in comparison to the other 3 she seems to be Einstein. I dont understand why people would willingly watch the view.

My grade 8 teacher said it best. No matter how stupid someone is, there are even stupider people who are willing to listen to him or her speak.
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    My grade 8 teacher said it best. No matter how stupid someone is, there are even stupider people who are willing to listen to him or her speak.

That's fucking brilliant! It explains Sarah Palin, Oprah, and the View.