What are you like?

DailyDaily Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
Who's the person REALLY behind the keyboard posting on a forum?

I think all of us have wondered what people see us like at some point in our lives...probably when you're lying alone in bed replaying a conversation in your head that should have gone better, or wishing you should have said something when you didn't. Or wishing you HADN'T.

I think people see me primarily as being quite weird. Not necessarily the creepy weird, but the interesting weird. I'm not usually afraid to say something inappropriate if the moment calls for it, and my opinions on various topics differ greatly from others'. Whenever people describe me, it's always a combination of "strange", "odd" or "bizarre" but it's never said in a negative fashion. I'm guessing this probably applies to many of you...weirdos. :mad:

Humour has always been part of my life, too. I see a lot of humour in things that other people do not, which allows me to instill wit into unexpected things, and at unexpected times. Nobody has ever said "haha I was about to say that!" or "ooh I was thinking that".

But this whole weird factor I got going on only shows when I'm around people I know, or in social gatherings with people my age. If I meet somebody older, I pretty much act like a completely different person. My own family basically don't know who I am. They probably think I'm some kind of humble and ordinary person.

So come on...who are you?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    My behaviour here is pretty much the same as my irl behaviour. I'm serious when its needed, but I try to keep that to a minimum. Everyone likes to laugh, so I always try to crack a joke-type thing. Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it's not. I like to say things that are quite out there, with disregard for any moderation, except at say a funeral.

Most of my friends would say I'm quite out there. I do, I think, and I say things that none of them would ever. However, people I just meet would say I'm quite a 'normal' person. I tend to lay low for awhile, then as I get to know the person, let my personality poke through.

Overall, I'm a happy guy and love the way I am. I've got a nice mix of friendliness, humour, and assholery going on. If people can't deal with my brand of humour or assholery, that's their problem.

I'm not much good at describing myself, but this was a glimpse into the world of Mayberry :cool:
  • white rabbitwhite rabbit Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I don't hold myself very high. I'm interesting, quiet and intelligent. I may seem like I don't have a sense of humor but I like to drop very subtle jokes. I'm friendly, open minded and lazy. I don't really judge anything or anyone, I don't care enough to. I'm lonely as hell and quite depressed, to the point where I will just sleep and remove myself from a social life. I hate when my friends and family worry about me, and I hate the fact that everyone is judged by their past.

Do something interesting, say something interesting, be real and don't give a fuck.

Really, I'm just looking for something interesting to happen.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    These girls I hang out with said "dude youre usually quiet, but when you talk, its usually something smart or funny"

Ill just go off that description.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm outgoing around alot of people. Especially around people I'm comfortable with. Sometimes I think I care what others think of me sometimes, but that's not often. I usually use witty humor or well timed comments. I think people precieve me as a funny easy going person who knows how to hav
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    All in all I'd say I'm pretty badass.

I get all the bitches as well as money so you know.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^^it's true
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    A rambling, naturally tweaked out, paranoid freak.

I also collect snowboarding equipment, although I live in a sub-tropical region.
  • edited July 2010
    BungHole wrote: »
    A rambling, naturally tweaked out, paranoid freak.

I also collect snowboarding equipment, although I live in a sub-tropical region.

A clumsy, mediocre fool who, according to the opinion of another, is rather determined. I collect dried plants and mushrooms so that's kinda of strange.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't go a day without wondering why I got out of bed. I never smile (I don't notice, but people always tell me "You should smile more"). I'm usually quiet because I don't have much to say. I've fucked up most of the important things in my life, and the ones that I didn't fuck up were fucked up for me. I always screw up relationships with and distance myself from friends or people in general. It's difficult to muster the energy or motivation to do things (In the past year, I could count the number of times that I've gone out for fun on two hands).

I don't fucking know what my deal is. My mind seems to be fucking with me. I'm not sure whether or not certain things have happened or not, I'm not sure whether or not things are real sometimes.

EDIT: That's my take on things, anyway. If you asked someone I knew, they'd say nice things. They'd tell you I'm funny and smart and stuff like that.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I generally go with the flow. I don't judge anyone for anything unless it was something they did to me. I don't believe in organized religion but some part of me really wishes I could. The few times I've tried to take over my own life I just fucked it up so I'm not making any major decisions now. I'm very laissez faire about what is going on around me. The power went out at work last night and everyone else screamed or cringed or something. People tell me I'm weird often and it seems to be a 50/50 on whether or not I'm creepy. I look a lot younger than I am which makes it hard to get a girl my age to look at me. I'm waiting for something really big to happen. I want it to I guess so that I can have something to believe in or at least think about for a minute. I don't think its ever going to happen (whatever it is) but I'm still waiting.
  • edited August 2010
    im a african
  • edited August 2010
    im a african

and i kno wuts happenin' :mad:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Im cooler than a cats pajamas yo.
  • edited August 2010
    I collect mushrooms. Re-post this thread when I'm tripping.
  • SteppenwolfSteppenwolf Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I'm black but unorhodox, people find this strangely disturbing yet compelling because I'm idiosyncratic by diverging from the norm. I keep myself to myself, study, read, wank and like to rant now and again to keep my blood flowing. When I'm passionate I go for something, jumping with two feet, when I'm not enthused I totally shut down and can't be fucked to do it. I've neglected girls most of my life, apart from the intermittent infatuation that sweeps into my life, but I find it better to cultivate yourself before running off like a know-nothing bitch in your adolescent years. You'll reflect badly in the future whether you exerted yourself enough, hey maybe I'll burden some regrets but I do admire myself for my extensive committment to the subjects I take at college.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited August 2010
    I talk too much. I'm paranoid. I think too much. I say what's on my mind. I'm insane in the membrane. I'm truthful, but shy. I have a temper problem. I'm quite emotional. I'm my own person. I rant a lot. I'm very humorous. I'm goofy and yeah people either really like or hate me. :o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm goofy and yeah people either really like or hate me. :o

STFU ACOLYTE I H8Z J00 :angry:

no j/k you're alright :D
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    I am not outgoing at all. It's not that people don't like me, I could only think of a couple of people who just don't like me. I am just a shy person. I am smarter than most people around my age. I almost don't like being smarter others because it causes unwanted attention. A lot of the times I act stupid, just because people expect less.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    STFU ACOLYTE I H8Z J00 :angry:

no j/k you're alright :D

Yeah just by me saying that, makes me sound like a total faggot. :o lol
  • edited August 2010
    I think I am less of a troll irl than on here, but otherwise identical.