There's Something In My House

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
So I've recently moved houses and have only been here one night. To me it felt alright, nothing out of the ordinary, yet my friend thought otherwise. Last night as she was coming out of the bathroom she screamed and when I asked what was wrong she didn't tell me. I didn't really think anything of it and went to bed.

The next day I felt a little more curious as to why she wouldn't tell me what happened and ask her. At this point I have an idea that its either something personal, or something scary and that she knows I don't want to know (but kind of do). She still resists, but I'm persistent and she finally tells me.

"You really want to know? Really? Well...last night as I was walking out of the bathroom I saw what looked like a white figure of a lady walking down the hallway."

Now she's not the 'paranormal type' at all so I was a little freaked to hear this from someone like her. Nevertheless I tried to wave it off as a trick of the light or something. And that was it. I felt a little unnerved, but alright to keep unpacking my stuff.

BUT

Yes there's always a but... the thing that really made me scared was when I heard that this wasn't the only incident. After talking to my flatmates I found out that this was the THIRD time someone had seen something strange is this house, and all of these times were by individual people. They also told me that the last girl to live in my room went a bit crazy. They couldn't really describe what happened to her, but said she just wasn't the same, especially when left here by herself for long periods of time. Great, and now here I am sitting in this very same room unable to sleep as I type this.

My flatmates seem to think they're just passer by's because of the densely populated area we live in, and the fact that the house is fairly new and nothing bad has ever happened in it. This just doesn't cut it for me though I can't live somewhere where "passer by's" drop in and out from time to time, this ain't no hotel! ...I need to do something :(

Please, does anyone out there have anything that could help me? It would be very much appreciated.

Tldr; How do I get rid, ward off or protect myself from spirits/apparitions?

Comments

• PeoplePeople Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Move to a new house.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    There's a house in my city that used to be haunted. The people living there reported poltergeists throwing stuff around and general haunting. Eventually, Buddhist monks, if I recall correctly, moved into the house and the haunting stopped.

So get Buddhist monks to live with you.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    You can banish it with a banishing/protection rite. Any will do, but if you're looking for an example: http://www.angelfire.com/on/wicca/Spells10.html

If you have some sort of deity then invoke their presence to protect the place. Basically you want to structure it around your belief system. If you're a scientist then use the spirits of science - invoke Einstein or Hawking to rid the place of the spirit and send it back into the realm of pseudoscience. If you give some more info about what you believe it might help.
  • KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »

Please, does anyone out there have anything that could help me? It would be very much appreciated.

You have to remove all female housemates, their like amplifiers but one of them will probably be the cause as well. So find out which of your roommates has been residing at the house during all incidents, find out if they had a close relative die that matches the description of the apparition and if so try to remove them from the house but be nice.
  • edited August 2010
    you should try to talk with it. But you have to learn Esperanto. All ghosts speak Esperanto. And once you've learned Esperanto, you can play all sorts of fun games with it and stuff, and try to buy ectoplasm off of it, and you can even write a comic book about it. Like Casper.
    CASPER.gif
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll look into trying some of these.

I've been here a few weeks and I'm pretty over it as I haven't seen or felt anything abnormal. My uncle came and did a Maori prayer thing (no idea :confused:) where he went around the house reciting something in Maori out of a book and sprinkling water everywhere... which has actually calmed the nerves, even if it is a placebo effect :D If anyone wants the prayer I can get him to translate to English as he said pretty much anyone can do it.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    if you have a camera turn off all teh lights set the bitch to flash and set it to take 10 pics let it go and see if a ghost appears in one of those picturs :)
    edited August 2010
    blindbat wrote: »
    if you have a camera turn off all teh lights set the bitch to flash and set it to take 10 pics let it go and see if a ghost appears in one of those picturs :)

Scary! I'm tempted to give it a try though...

I have a video camera too, maybe I can create the next Paranormal Activity! Man...just talking about it gives me chills especially since I'm here by myself tonight :(

Although, I'm not feeling as scared as I used to. I think its kind of like shock imagery you see on the net. At first you're all like "OMG wtf why would you want to stretch your anus out like that!" then after a while its just all "Meh its getting old. I've seen worse"

Until I get a tree ripping me out of my bed and swallowing me whole, I think I'm going to be fine :hai:
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    Spirits and demons and shit are very confusing things. Its similar to aliens, they are kind of incomprehensible to us. I think a priest will only work if its the ghost of someone who was a christian. If you start having serious problems find a professional ass shaman to battle these bitches. People like that can better interpret why the spirits are there and are more likely to kick their asses.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited November 2010
    Scary! I'm tempted to give it a try though...

I have a video camera too, maybe I can create the next Paranormal Activity! Man...just talking about it gives me chills especially since I'm here by myself tonight :(

Although, I'm not feeling as scared as I used to. I think its kind of like shock imagery you see on the net. At first you're all like "OMG wtf why would you want to stretch your anus out like that!" then after a while its just all "Meh its getting old. I've seen worse"

Until I get a tree ripping me out of my bed and swallowing me whole, I think I'm going to be fine :hai:

shit it's creeping me out and I don't even have a ghost(or do I)
    edited November 2010
    I completely forgot to the take the photos! Charging batteries now :) + :(
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    wood wrote: »
    You can banish it with a banishing/protection rite. Any will do, but if you're looking for an example: http://www.angelfire.com/on/wicca/Spells10.html

If you have some sort of deity then invoke their presence to protect the place. Basically you want to structure it around your belief system. If you're a scientist then use the spirits of science - invoke Einstein or Hawking to rid the place of the spirit and send it back into the realm of pseudoscience. If you give some more info about what you believe it might help.

This wont work faggot. The house I live in was built in 1780 so Ive seen and heard some spooky shit. I'll post some story's later but OP the best you can do is ignore it. Realize that your are living and therefore you are superior to any spirits. I'm dead serious Ive got experience with this haunted house shit and all you can do is ignore it bro.
  • edited November 2010
    I completely forgot to the take the photos! Charging batteries now :) + :(

Haha, hell yeah. Post those pics up here asap if they look cool/have a ghost in/contain CP etc etc.
    edited November 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Haha, hell yeah. Post those pics up here asap if they look cool/have a ghost in/contain CP etc etc.

Zomg I just got time lapse working on it so can make a movie! :hai:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    IT'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Kill it with lasers and fire.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2010
    So I've recently moved houses and have only been here one night. To me it felt alright, nothing out of the ordinary, yet my friend thought otherwise. Last night as she was coming out of the bathroom she screamed and when I asked what was wrong she didn't tell me. I didn't really think anything of it and went to bed.

The next day I felt a little more curious as to why she wouldn't tell me what happened and ask her. At this point I have an idea that its either something personal, or something scary and that she knows I don't want to know (but kind of do). She still resists, but I'm persistent and she finally tells me.

"You really want to know? Really? Well...last night as I was walking out of the bathroom I saw what looked like a white figure of a lady walking down the hallway."

Now she's not the 'paranormal type' at all so I was a little freaked to hear this from someone like her. Nevertheless I tried to wave it off as a trick of the light or something. And that was it. I felt a little unnerved, but alright to keep unpacking my stuff.

BUT

Yes there's always a but... the thing that really made me scared was when I heard that this wasn't the only incident. After talking to my flatmates I found out that this was the THIRD time someone had seen something strange is this house, and all of these times were by individual people. They also told me that the last girl to live in my room went a bit crazy. They couldn't really describe what happened to her, but said she just wasn't the same, especially when left here by herself for long periods of time. Great, and now here I am sitting in this very same room unable to sleep as I type this.

My flatmates seem to think they're just passer by's because of the densely populated area we live in, and the fact that the house is fairly new and nothing bad has ever happened in it. This just doesn't cut it for me though I can't live somewhere where "passer by's" drop in and out from time to time, this ain't no hotel! ...I need to do something :(

Shit sorry mang it was just me trying to steal your tv :D
    edited November 2010
    Did some time lapse photos last night from about 10pm - 7am with 5min intervals. Saw nothing. Although my tv was on and messing with the light in the room :facepalm:

I'll post more after work.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011

BUT

Oohh shit, that doesn't sound good at all. If something has happened multiple times it sounds like it is something perosnal w/ you. I wouldn't try moving because with something personal, it will just follow you, it has attached itself to you. I read about a few srories like this. :scaryface:

LOL, I'm just kidding. Actually since you have not experinced something first-hand it sonds like your friends and roommates are just trying to fuck with you. "She just went a little crazy when she stayed alone for long periods." That kinda sounds like some classic 'scary story' shit. Yanno? I'm trying to make you feel better. I've got some other expereince about this situation. PM me if it gets bad. Also, are you a female living with any guys?
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking the ghost has killed Skittles and done eated his ass!
  • timtim Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    abrn wrote: »
    I'm thinking the ghost has killed Skittles and done eated his ass!

it eated his ass? damn....... what a gay ghost
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011

Jack off into a sock, and wear it around your neck at night.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited February 2011
    bump lets see those pix . also keep the room dark. + take pix in every room of the house.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Jack off into a sock, and wear it around your neck at night.

That only works for your sore throat after you have spent the night at the glory hole.

@OP I have dealt with shit like this and you don't need a priest or a ritual. What you need is a virulent imagination, a will of fire, unshakable belief, and a flair for secrecy.

If you have these four things you can do works in your mind without ritual and appease or remove the "spirits" as the case may call for.