Do you tip?

FrYFrY Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
When out to eat, at some fast food joint, or you got some left over change from some candy bar you just bought, do you tip or in some cases act like you got cash to throw away so you tell the convenience tore clerk "keep the change baby".

At restaurants/bar it depends on the waitress. At fast food places I never do unless its sonic then I might throw that roller skating girls some cash. I keep my cash at a convenience store those Indians running the joint seem to change prices depending on how they feel day to day.

OK GO! :thumbsdown::o:thumbsup:

Comments

• VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    Depends on the service. Even if the food is delayed in some cases I'd still tip if there was good banter.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    It depends on if I ever have small bills in my pocket. I rarely go out to eat, so when I do it's because I have a pocket full of $20 bills. I never tip with fast food, or at the bar, or anything like that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I rarely eat out and if I do, I tip. But not much btw. Just 10-50 Rs.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    First I have to ask, what nut job tips at a fast food joint or convenience store? lol

At restaurants I usually tip pretty well unless it's shitty service. I'm not stingy.
  • edited August 2010
    I always tip my cab driver since I use him/the company often, and sometimes my hairdresser - unless it's a stuck up bitch.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    At a restaraunt, I tip 10% after tax, with amounts subtracted at my discretion for anything that makes my experience unpleasant, or added if they go out of their way to make it extra pleasant.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I tip 20% at restaurants. Sometimes more. I don't tip at bars unless I'm going to be there a while and want better service or if I ask for them to prepare me a drink. Pouring beer from a tap or handing me a bottle do not deserve a tip.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Depends. I don't think a tip is DESERVED. And I was a waiter for 2 years, and a bartender for 1.

You need to work for your tip, if you're lazy and sloppy you won't get shit from me. Hell, this one bitch got coupons to another local resturant as a tip just to show how pissed I was.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    I tip if the wait/tress is good with everything, or if said waitress is hot like this one russian chick in this diner i go to sometimes, smoking!
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't tip if my order is fucked up in any way. Otherwise, I usually leave $5-10.
  • edited August 2010
    I've worked in a restaurant before, and I'll tell you right now - it fucking sucks. Tips are amazing, and it gives you a lot of confidence when you receive them. I make sure to tip waiters now. Hell, I even tipped a pizza delivery guy the other day, although that was because I couldn't be bothered to count my change properly.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think I've ever tipped anyone in my life. You Americans and your filthy customs.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    wood wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever tipped anyone in my life. You Americans and your filthy customs.

Sometimes the gratuity is already incorporated into the bill, so it's not like there's a choice.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    i tip pretty well, when i have money, and of course depends how much stuff was screwed up or slow.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    If i go somewhere nice ill tip but it really all depends on the waiter/waitress. If i get shitty service then i have no problem leaving no tip or putting 2 pennies out for them. For good service i'll usually just give them a 15% tip but if i wanna get with the waitress or the person was amazing and friendly ill give them 20-25%.

This. I never tip in a fast food restaurant either. I'm not giving extra cash to someone at Mcdonald's.
  • edited August 2010
    This. I never tip in a fast food restaurant either. I'm not giving extra cash to someone at Mcdonald's.

6a00e54f11b8be883401157083e12e970b-800wi

Waddayamean ya don't tip?
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    6a00e54f11b8be883401157083e12e970b-800wi

Waddayamean ya don't tip?

I don't tip because society says I have to. ;)

But honestly I do tip. Everywhere except fast food places.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Reminds me of the scene in Reservoir Dogs. Oh Tarantino, you and your social commentary.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    I normally tip 10%-20% depending on the service at a restaurant. I never tip at a face food place unless i play that game at taco bell to win more food. I don't tip at convenience stores unless its a penny or something.
  • edited August 2010
    I always tip, more or less depending on service, but I always do. If they suck I figure they won't be working there long anyway, and they'll need the money.
  • PopePope Regular
    edited August 2010
    ive been on the tipping end before, so i am a generous tipper

i usually tip between 22-25%

If I go out to eat with a girl, I will pay for the meal, and have her tip
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Pope wrote: »
    ive been on the tipping end before, so i am a generous tipper

i usually tip between 22-25%

If I go out to eat with a girl, I will pay for the meal, and have her tip

7|-|@7'§ þµ|\/|ß ƒµç|<, |\/|0|20|\|. @ 7|2µ€ 9€|\|7£€|\/|@|\| p@¥§ ƒ0|2 €\/€|2¥7|-|¡|\|9. _|€§µ§ ç|-||2¡§7 ¡ |-|0p€ ¥0µ þ¡€.