Fucking wife

Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So she decided since I wont allow her to touch my vaio anymore

She got a virus and it took me several hours to fix

Thank you restore disks

she up and ordered this

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/studio-xps-8100/pd?oc=dsx8100_f_2e&model_id=studio-xps-8100

Fucking dell

Like the monitor and video card and the blu ray player :D

Not a fan of Dell

and another grand out the door

We shall see if it is a piece of shit

Comments

• HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dells are alright machines. Nothing wrong with 'em anyway.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Dells are alright machines. Nothing wrong with 'em anyway.

My Dell work computers suck and they are less then six months old

The woman is driving me nuts

She wouldnt let me just go and by her a laptop ohhhhhhhhhh nooooeeesssss

she did this instead

I wonder if this would be considered grounds for divorce lol :D
  • edited August 2010
    Why would you want a laptop? They're worse than that Dell machine anyway. Build a computer, its much better value for money.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    You could get better deal than that, but hopefully your wife will leave you alone after this [I doubt that].

Good luck and make sure to make backup discs before handing the system to her.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited August 2010
    You should take the computer parts and build yourself a new wife.

Or synthesise the two, and create a part-computer part-wife. That would probably cause less chafe.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    Laptops > Computers.

So much better in every single way. It's a completely portable computer. With the insane battery lives they have these days and the plug in USB connect-anywhere-anytime internet things they have, you can be out in the middle of the fucking desert and still post on totse as long as you have your internet USB disk & Laptop with you..

Can't do that with no computer :p
  • edited August 2010
    abusername wrote: »
    Laptops > Computers.

So much better in every single way. It's a completely portable computer. With the insane battery lives they have these days and the plug in USB connect-anywhere-anytime internet things they have, you can be out in the middle of the fucking desert and still post on totse as long as you have your internet USB disk & Laptop with you..

lies ! what part of coverage didnt u understand ?
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited August 2010
    Heh, cant let women buy computers!
    Will be some piece of fail for sure! :facepalm:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    lies ! what part of coverage didnt u understand ?

uh you can use a satellite phone as a usb modem in case you didnt realise
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Laptops > Computers.

You're right, my laptop can crossfire top of the line cards and I can overclock my CPU and shit without having to worry about overheating.
  • edited August 2010
    uh you can use a satellite phone as a usb modem in case you didnt realise

arrrrrrrrrrrr hahahhahahahhahhahhahahhahaah ehssswhloesss.
  • edited August 2010
    Women often need help selecting the right item to buy. This is why we don't let them make big purchases.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
  • NightshadeNightshade Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Well I'll give her this much as least she was smart enough to buy a dell desktop than a laptop. Dell laptops are just I dunno. I have worked on a lot of laptops and it seems that Dell are the ones I work on the most. Maybe it's just coincidence that Dell sells more laptops in the market than any other manufacture but still....just seems I work on them more than any other laptop I get my hands on.

Hell, I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 1525 as of this post.

So in conclusion, Dell laptops are crap. Dell Desktops are okay.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited August 2010
    Women often need help selecting the right item to buy. This is why we don't let them make big purchases.

Fucking THIS.

"I'm not sure if it's a good car but I love the color!"
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bahhaah a dell studio xps!! My family bought a top of the line one a few years ago. It's been a total piece of shit since the beginning. It has problems that I can't even begin to address. I got really mad at my parents when they bought it because I told them they should get something else, especially for the price. The dell printer that came with it requires proprietary ink cartridges. I was like wtf?? It quit working too a long time ago. The XPS needed a new video card, and even then it still crashes. The damn thing runs slower than my old compaq laptop with a 1.47 ghz pentium dual core processor and 2gb DDR2. The XPS has a T6600 and 4gb DDR2 I believe. I dunno how it could possibly be so slow. Honestly, you should return the dell and make something on your own. Make it a bonding experience. Try to explain to your wife how all the computer stuff works while you put it together. Or just do it yourself.

Remember that women are never happy with anything. They have an innate drive to consume.

You'd probably be better off getting her something like a mac mini. She'd probably love it cause it's a mac and it's mini and therefore "cute". She'd have less chance to totally fuck up a mac too. It's actually pretty hard to do.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited August 2010
    So she decided since I wont allow her to touch my vaio anymore

She got a virus and it took me several hours to fix

Thank you restore disks

she up and ordered this

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/studio-xps-8100/pd?oc=dsx8100_f_2e&model_id=studio-xps-8100

Fucking dell

Like the monitor and video card and the blu ray player :D

Not a fan of Dell

and another grand out the door

We shall see if it is a piece of shit

Your wife sound stupid. Do a little research before you buy something as expensive as a pc.

I doubt your wife is going to be doing any gaming, so why would she need a high end processor and video card. If she is though, that thing will probably overheat a whole lot with the terrible airflow on that case.

Youre better off getting a mac for your wife, since she doesnt sound very tech savvy.
    edited August 2010
    http://www.apple.com/macmini/

It´s super energy efficient! Chicks might love that.

2.4GHz : 320GB

* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 2GB memory
    * 320GB hard drive
    * 8x double-layer SuperDrive
    * NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
    * Mac OS X Snow Leopard

* Ships: Within 24hrs
    * Free Shipping
    * $699.00

All you'd need is a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

It has a bunch of ports, even hdmi. Pretty sweet all in one, especially for the size. If I remember right you can upgrade the hdd and RAM yourself. It says you can remove the bottom to access memory, so I guess you could upgrade to 4gb RAM if you wanted.
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    http://www.apple.com/macmini/

It´s super energy efficient! Chicks might love that.

2.4GHz : 320GB

* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 2GB memory
    * 320GB hard drive
    * 8x double-layer SuperDrive
    * NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
    * Mac OS X Snow Leopard

* Ships: Within 24hrs
    * Free Shipping
    * $699.00

All you'd need is a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

It has a bunch of ports, even hdmi. Pretty sweet all in one, especially for the size. If I remember right you can upgrade the hdd and RAM yourself. It says you can remove the bottom to access memory, so I guess you could upgrade to 4gb RAM if you wanted.

I had one of the older mac minis.

It was real good until it stopped working two or three years later. I'm not sure if that was my fault or the Mac's, though.
    edited August 2010
    It's hard to tell sometimes. Sometimes the drive dies, maybe a power source or something. With something like a mac mini it'd be hard to replace a logic board or whatever.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Laptops > Computers.

Why do you think I bought a sony vaio
    I love the fucking thing

Dfg wrote: »
    You could get better deal than that, but hopefully your wife will leave you alone after this [I doubt that].

Good luck and make sure to make backup discs before handing the system to her.

First thing I will do when we get it and possibly smack her
    That would piss me off so much. I hate how people (especially women) think that the only way to fix something is to buy something completely new and expensive as fuck :angry:

To be fair she bought it with her own money so I really cant bitch
    But I still would have chosen a vaio like mine to get her
    Your wife sound stupid. Do a little research before you buy something as expensive as a pc.

I doubt your wife is going to be doing any gaming, so why would she need a high end processor and video card. If she is though, that thing will probably overheat a whole lot with the terrible airflow on that case.

Youre better off getting a mac for your wife, since she doesnt sound very tech savvy.

I will never own a mac or allow one into my home thank you very much
    She isn't stupid as much as she is an huge impulse buyer

Fuck it took me what almost two weeks to pick out a new car for fuck sake
    Mind you that is a slightly bigger purchase
  • edited August 2010
    She isn't stupid as much as she is an huge impulse buyer

why else'd she married u in the first place ?
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't consider a Vaio much of an improvement, if any.