8yr Old Sells Paintings for $235,804

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
ss-100803-Kieron-Williamson-06.grid-8x2.jpg
Kieron Williamson, who just turned 8, is drawing collectors from as far as New York City and South Africa to his little British town of Holt. An exhibition of his paintings fetched the equivalent of $235,804 in under 30 minutes. London's Daily Mail dubbed him "Mini Monet."

Stupid kids with their stupid talent earning their stupid $235,804 per exhibition.

For more: http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38553499/?GT1=43001

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I plan to kill that rascal in near future.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    At least he actually put some effort into the painting unlike fags who paint things like these:
    Voice_of_Fire.jpg

It's called "The Voice of Fire" and the National Gallery of Canada bought it for $1.8 mil in 1989 :facepalm:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    ss-100803-Kieron-Williamson-06.grid-8x2.jpg

Stupid kids with their stupid talent earning their stupid $235,804 per exhibition.

For more: http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38553499/?GT1=43001

Damn! Acolytes aren't supposed to sell artwork for Super Administrator prices. :(
    I think the reason they paid that much for it was because they think they've discovered
    an art prodigy. If this little shit keeps moving forward, becomes successful as he gets older
    then eventually dies...that painting will be worth more than his renown stuff.
    Mayberry wrote: »
    At least he actually put some effort into the painting unlike fags who paint things like these:
    Voice_of_Fire.jpg

It's called "The Voice of Fire" and the National Gallery of Canada bought it for $1.8 mil in 1989 :facepalm:
    Fuck me! For that price It better have zombie jew blood in the paint pixels.
  • edited August 2010
    trollkid.jpg

Problem, skittles?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Kid is set for life. Fuck.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    liquor and whores will be his downfall. Pretty painting though. His talent reminds me of all those young annoying piano virtuoso's.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited August 2010
    Admirable.
    edited August 2010
    vOmitree wrote: »
    liquor and whores will be his downfall. Pretty painting though. His talent reminds me of all those young annoying piano virtuoso's.

Most of those talented pianists have no life, though. Even Mozart had to practice a shitton.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Most of those talented pianists have no life, though. Even Mozart had to practice a shitton.

Its true. Most if not all artistic prodigies apparently had to go through the whole 10,000 hour rule, takes a superhuman shit load of practice and patience to make it through.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited August 2010
    let me guess the kid spend all his mony on candy LOL!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

cant blame him tho cus thats wut i wood do rite after i bot a lifetime suply of cigerets :o:o:o
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Apparently there is over a 1000 people in a waiting order to purchase his paintings as they come up...Parents said he can only do exhibitions on school holidays, :rofl: (if this doesn't come with a rofl smilie we damn well need one)

Pretty crazy though...Even the fact he has the innate ability to mix colours like that is a bit mind boggling. He's got some pretty impressive shit.

Can't wait for him to get older and move on from portraits into more abstract ideas.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    i came into this thread expecting to read a story about retarded old men spending big bucks on some jackson pollock style bullshit. However, the paintings do actually look good. props to that kid
    edited August 2010
    I'm impressed with his work as well. Personally I'd like to see him continue to paint landscapes in a realistic fashion. I like abstract art too, but there's something amazing about paintings that really capture a landscape.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited August 2010
    I sometimes wish that I had been autistic as a child...

But in all seriousness, that kids got some talent.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    At least he actually put some effort into the painting

Yeah, makes me :facepalm: when I look at my paintings when I was his age. They looked something like this

Children_Painting_4.jpg
    FON wrote: »
    Apparently there is over a 1000 people in a waiting order to purchase his paintings as they come up...Parents said he can only do exhibitions on school holidays, :rofl: (if this doesn't come with a rofl smilie we damn well need one)

Pretty crazy though...Even the fact he has the innate ability to mix colours like that is a bit mind boggling. He's got some pretty impressive shit.

Can't wait for him to get older and move on from portraits into more abstract ideas.

I think at the moment he's a novelty. He's a child painter that paints just as well or even better than an adult painter. When he's older I see him still being successful, just not as interesting or unique as he is now seeing that he will fit into the demographic of most painters out there.
    edited August 2010
    If he doesn't improve then no one will give a shit.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    He's a millionaire now. Doesn't matter if he improves. He never has to work a day in his life. Fucking lucky bastard. I drew better than that when I was eight and nobody gave two shits.