How are you finding TOTSE?

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Is everyone enjoying their time here? Want to share any good/bad points?

Personally I'm enjoying my time here, it's keeping me sane over the summer. I'm enjoying spreading the word and getting our name out on the internetz.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I love it here. It's been just over a month since I joined up, and it's one of those gems in the desert. Quite hard to find a good community on the intarwebs.

The only one problem I'd like to address are the few /fail members present. You all know who I'm talking about.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    The fail members suck, but overall this place is great.
  • edited August 2010
    Another thing I love is when people reply to as many threads as they can, as quickly as possible. Its awesome having stuff to reply to all the time. Also, I like it when people post in my threads, haha.
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Another thing I love is when people reply to as many threads as they can, as quickly as possible. Its awesome having stuff to reply to all the time. Also, I like it when people post in my threads, haha.

I just want to +1 to my post count :D

Plus you make decent threads worth conversating to, unlike certain other threads.
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I just want to +1 to my post count :D

Plus you make decent threads worth conversating to, unlike certain other threads.

Hahaa, bumping your post count is awesome, I agree. I think having a post count to look at really kinda gives you something to aim for when posting. I don't think I'd post half as much as I do without the post count being there, just because its always keeping me going. I like seeing something for my efforts.
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hahaa, bumping your post count is awesome, I agree. I think having a post count to look at really kinda gives you something to aim for when posting. I don't think I'd post half as much as I do without the post count being there, just because its always keeping me going. I like seeing something for my efforts.

I like it too. I use it to keep track of how much time I'm wasting on here, which is apparently more than a lot of other people considering I'm almost to 2k.
  • edited August 2010
    Hell yeah, its interesting to note that my post count has been growing like fuck since day 1 here, haha. I've got more posts here in the month or two that I've been around, than I've ever managed on other forums. Crazy.
    edited August 2010
    My average is 45 I think. That still impresses me.
    edited August 2010
    And yeah I've posted here so much more than anywhere else. Most forums take me a year or more to reach 2k posts.
    edited August 2010
    I'm at 33.46 posts per day. Don't think I've ever posted this much anywhere else before.
    edited August 2010
    My average has gone down a little, but I'm trying to keep it above 40.
  • edited August 2010
    Mine has gone down a little too. Quite a lot, actually, it's down to 30 and it was at 70 when I first started coming here.
    edited August 2010
    Mine was really high at first too, but it's hard to do 70 posts/day. Some days don't have much activity. That In Bloom faggot on totse who stuck his dick in a toaster and posted pics had over 200 posts/day. It was insane.
    edited August 2010
    Ding! 1.4k :D
    edited August 2010
    I can't wait to hit 2k. It's a stupid milestone, but it's amusing nonetheless.
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit i remember him posting a lot but i had no idea it was that much :eek:

Yeah he literally sat there hitting f5 on his thread all day for several days. He posted constantly for little while, then slowed down. Was pretty impressive for a few days, though. He brought it up himself in his "i burned my dick in a toaster" thread.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Quality over quantity.

I think I had just under 3k on the original totse from 2001-close.
    edited August 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Quality over quantity.

I think I had just under 3k on the original totse from 2001-close.

My posts are 100% quality, man. Except in HB.
  • edited August 2010
    Gotta have the quality. If you don't have anything good to reply with, then you shouldn't be replying at all. Quality is good for bringing in new people, and encouraging more discussion :D
    edited August 2010
    I prefer lulz over seriousness unless seriousness is called for. But who says lulz can't be quality :D
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I prefer lulz over seriousness unless seriousness is called for. But who says lulz can't be quality :D

I like to combine lulz and seriousness in my posts - if you look into them, they're just light hearted, serious posts which keep the conversation flowing and the mood happy :D
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    Totse is kewl. I enjoy posting here.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    I'm liking it here:thumbsup:
    Can't complain, good user base....Winrar!
  • edited August 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'm liking it here:thumbsup:
    Can't complain, good user base....Winrar!

Fuck yeah! Great userbase, I love all you guys. Plenty of activity, willing members, and interesting stuff to read.
    edited August 2010
    And bestiality erotica.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Im loving it so far its one of the few sites where theres true freedom of speech. The content is also way better than zoklet. This is my new internet home. I just use zoklet to troll now sometimes.
  • edited August 2010
    at first i was really digging it. that was about a month and a half ago. but either i've changed or the quality of the threads recently has gone to shit. now i mostly just lurk and save posts for only when i feel i need to
    edited August 2010
    at first i was really digging it. that was about a month and a half ago. but either i've changed or the quality of the threads recently has gone to shit. now i mostly just lurk and save posts for only when i feel i need to
    Damn! Has it been a month & a half already? :confused: That shit came up fast.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010

New users have joined in and since you have more posts to read ,the quality might seem different. But from my point of view the userbase and especially the contributors are learning new things and experimenting. The quality of the content rises and falls dynamically at any point.

Don't lurk, be an active part of the community. Share your ideas, so we can have new content. Most of the time, I make threads by reading other threads here and then finding something new to post.

Overall, I love this place. It feels natural and since everyone is equal, I feel more comfortable. You get the sense of community spirit. I am actually glad that the community core which basically consists of contributors is strong.

I don't mind FAIL members. There is a limit for trolls anyway. You can troll for two days or maybe a month but sooner or later you will come around. The community is slow as compared to Zoklet but come on we're just like 1+ month old [referring to Zoklet Migration] and even though our threads are low in number, I still have a hard time reading all of them :D. At this pace we're way ahead of Zoklet.

With time and dedication, we will reach 100,000 posts easily [hint: 1 month or less].

Overall, it's the community that makes this place amazing and enjoyable.
  • edited August 2010
    The cool thing is, we're gradually getting more and more comfortable with each other (yes, it happens on the internet as well as IRL). Like, the more we post here, the more we know each other. This is good as it brings the community together, so we're all a pretty close bunch of people.

Its like, if one of us left, someone else would notice.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh god, I wonder what the 100,000th post will actually be...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    This is a good motivator to post more:). The person with the 100,000th post wins 5 whole internets :o

Make it 5 virgins and I AM IN!

Btw, damn you guys are reaching close to my post count. DAMMIT, I am going to make 100 new posts today when I wake up. FU!

:p
  • edited August 2010
    Getting scared, Dfg? To be honest, I'm pretty far away from it right now. Ill keep trying though, my goal is to have the highest count on the site at some point. (Yes, even higher than Hellish, who has 50,000 or something).

Also - How am I finding TOTSE? Very slow, and unresponsive :D
    edited August 2010
    I hope the 100kth post isnt /fail. Maybe prevent any posts after the 99999th post until an authorized /win person makes the 100000th post :p
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    can i touch dicks with you guys in this thread?
    edited August 2010
    abrn wrote: »
    can i touch dicks with you guys in this thread?

Not when you're still an acolyte.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I like it here. It is so much like the original Totse. totse.info is the homepage on my laptop /bbs is the homepage on my phone. I'm not sure if I'm one of the /fail members, I just post what I think might start a conversation, be informing, help or be lulzy (if only for me).
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure if I'm one of the /fail members

No worries, you're cool. Just don't steal my cheesecake :p
    edited August 2010
    I like it here. It is so much like the original Totse. totse.info is the homepage on my laptop /bbs is the homepage on my phone. I'm not sure if I'm one of the /fail members, I just post what I think might start a conversation, be informing, help or be lulzy (if only for me).

You aren't fail.

This is epic: http://www.asstulip.net/

We need something like that for totse.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You aren't fail.

I knew that was going to be disgusting, and I clicked it anyway. My brain must be bored.

EDIT: Also, if you had even made a slight attempt to hide what it was, I would not have clicked it. I'm seriously wondering why I knowingly clicked on that.... I'm going to show the girlfriend now. sweetness.
  • edited August 2010
    You aren't fail.

Haha, that link made my breakfast cereal taste funny.
    edited August 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I knew that was going to be disgusting, and I clicked it anyway. My brain must be bored.

EDIT: Also, if you had even made a slight attempt to hide what it was, I would not have clicked it. I'm seriously wondering why I knowingly clicked on that.... I'm going to show the girlfriend now. sweetness.

The sad part is I spent probably 20 mins trying to remember what that site was called. I didn't have it bookmarked. It's surprisingly hard to search for a video like that. I tried "pu push it real good" "push it real good ass" "semen ass push it real good" and other combinations. And I never hide nasty vids! This is totse. Everyone here should be able to handle something as tame as asstulip.

trx100, did your cereal taste like semen?
    edited August 2010
    The sad part is I spent probably 20 mins trying to remember what that site was called. I didn't have it bookmarked. It's surprisingly hard to search for a video like that. I tried "pu push it real good" "push it real good ass" "semen ass push it real good" and other combinations. And I never hide nasty vids! This is totse. Everyone here should be able to handle something as tame as asstulip.

Hahaha - Google must of been thinking...WTF! :eek: Everyone to your stations that goddamn &T is back again.:angry::D
  • edited August 2010

Yar, I didn't even need to put milk in
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm loving it here, but now that school has started for me I can't spend near as much time browsing
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm a little disapointment about the inactivity of Reinvent Yourself', I could spend hours reading that forum if it were active.. :(
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010

I agree entirely. That is one of the reasons I was drawn to &T back in the day.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Oh, THAT kind of finding... I think Hellfish needs to tweak the config a little. I'm sick of threads more than an hour old showing up as being already read by me. I think that's the only problem I have with this site other than lack of traffic.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit that was the first time Ive ever seen ass tulip. Epic find.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    There i was smoking a cig talking to the family when i click this link without thinking and start choking on smoke and laughing my ass off:thumbsup:

Reminds me if the summer I joined totse. My PC was hooked up to my mom's living room tv via S-Video converted to RCA.