Just bought a new deck

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
[img]http://uloadr.com/u/52AMPicture 6.jpg[/img]

Feels great to ride, I just took it for a spin around the block. What's everyone else skating?

I've got some light, black Union trucks with Randoms bolts, some cheap wheels and Titanium Rush 9 bearings :D

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Razor tail? Is that where the end all splinters away after skating for a while?
  • edited August 2010
    Ah yeah, that sucks a lot. I did a few tricks earlier and the end is still looking alright. Gotta make sure I don't grind the tail on the ground too much!
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Mine got stolen and I wasn't good enough to justify buying a whole new board :(

BY THE WAY, when I clicked this thread I didn't know if I should expect a deck (radio), a deck (a deck), or a deck (board).
  • edited August 2010
    Mine got stolen and I wasn't good enough to justify buying a whole new board :(

BY THE WAY, when I clicked this thread I didn't know if I should expect a deck (radio), a deck (a deck), or a deck (board).

From now on, associate anything I say about "decks" with skateboarding :D
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    From now on, associate anything I say about "decks" with skateboarding :D

Groovy.

It just occurred to be how the English language isn't get more advanced, it's getting more constricted. Why are we still using the same words for multiple different things? It's RETARDED. Pretty soon we'll be marlklaring....
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    At first I thought the title read "Just bought a new dick" :facepalm:

But I don't have one of these boardy skatey things you have. It's frowned upon by my culture :o
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    At first I thought the title read "Just bought a new dick" :facepalm:

But I don't have one of these boardy skatey things you have. It's frowned upon by my culture :o

Its frowned upon by so many people anyway bro, like security guards thinking "damn skater punks!".

Just rebel and go skate! :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Just rebel and go skate! :D

I'd frown upon myself then :o

We're fine with white kids skating, but all asians look down on asians who skate. Gotta love cultural norms placed on you since birth :p
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    I got a Baker, the trucks on it are just local skate-shop brand

baker_deck_brand_logo_8.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Nice, Baker's a pretty sweet brand. I saw one in the skate-shop earlier, but ended up going with the Enjoi one.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice, Baker's a pretty sweet brand. I saw one in the skate-shop earlier, but ended up going with the Enjoi one.

Yeah i got a baker from a friend when i started skateboarding and i just enjoyed them ever since
    edited August 2010
    Baker has some of my favorite riders ever plus they are the only team that has a bunch of drunks/stoners riding for them:thumbsup: Dustin Dollin ftw.

Lies. Lies and slander.
  • edited August 2010
    I just got back from a session at the skatepark, and the deck rides reeeeeeeeally great. I was a little gutted when I scraped the nice white paint off though :(
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just bought a new drip (cockdrip)

am I doin it right :confused:
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited August 2010
    didn't realize how many people skate here...

I used to skate and now every once in a while I'll hit up and empty pool or a mini ramp with my name on it.

right now I'm rocking a enjoi and venture trucks with bones STF wheels and old redds bearings.
    edited August 2010
    True but more than half of the team is made up of stoners/drunks like Lizard King, Slash, Dustin Dollin, Antwuan Dixon, Terry Kennedy,etc. (i added a couple Deathwish skaters too because deathwish is under the Baker franchise)

Get used to it man. The nice little graphics under my board last maybe a week before it's impossible to figure out what it is. Just think of it as a good thing because it means you are skating hard and grinding a lot.

No, I meant that they aren't the only team.