What country has the best food?

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
In your opinion what country does or you think would have the best food if you went there. For me Mexico or most of Asia seems pretty bad ass food wise.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    Though I personally have never eaten there, I'm guessing France, just because of the movie Ratatouille.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Shit I forgot about france. I here there cheese is awesome. Plus french food is just all around good as hell.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    It also depends what kind of food you're looking for. If you want perfect sushi, you go to Japan. If you want absolute shit, you go to Harlem. Vancouver has been rated as having the best Chinese food in the world, and I have to say, it is quite good. Hong Kong food is also quite good.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fucking USA man.
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It also depends what kind of food you're looking for. If you want perfect sushi, you go to Japan. If you want absolute shit, you go to Harlem. Vancouver has been rated as having the best Chinese food in the world, and I have to say, it is quite good. Hong Kong food is also quite good.

How does Vancouver have the best Chinese food and not China? I know whats sold in the states isn't really genuine Chinese but still its funny that Vancouver would have the best. Unless theres a Vancouver china I dont know about. In that case forget this post.
  • StresFulStresFul Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    india bitches .... real food will make your nose run
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fucking USA man.

The U.S. if only for the variety. I mean, I can eat French, Cuban, Indian, Mediterranean, Thai, Colombian, Argentinean, and Japanese all on one block about a mile from where I live.

But culturally/nationally specific? Italian never disappoints.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    How does Vancouver have the best Chinese food and not China? I know whats sold in the states isn't really genuine Chinese but still its funny that Vancouver would have the best. Unless theres a Vancouver china I dont know about. In that case forget this post.

Well, I'm basing it on my own experiences and some magazine naming it best Chinese food in the world. Ingredients here are undoubtedly better quality (no lead :hai:), and there are many, many immigrants here from China, so authentic Chinese food is around every corner.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited August 2010
    Italy, states Rolf.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Chinese and Italian for sure. But I also love Indian food (I love taking a shit after a great Indian feast) and Russian food is amazing, too.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Russian food is amazing, too.

Rolf also enjoys cream-based meals, Daily has good taste, states Rolf.

Rolf states it would be easier to name the cultures with poor food, namely, the English, states Rolf.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Regarding food, I think Asian cuisine is the best in terms of variety, flavor and weirdness :- ) You don't get to eat puffer fish, snakes, scorpions . . etc in any other country.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    It's hard to say "the best." I like food from all over the world. I especially like Thai and Mexican.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited August 2010
    Through my somewhat extensive travels of the world, I've found Italian and French cuisine (in that order) to be the best. However, the ease and simplicity of Asian take away (namely Chinese (in China or Hong Kong) to be often tempting.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    For me its Turkey or India
    edited August 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    For me its Turkey or India

Ive only had Indian food a handful of times but It was some of the best food I can remember. It has so much flavor to it and now im craving it because of this thread.