Sennheiser HD 595

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So I'm wanting to buy some nice headphones, and these are the ones I'm considering: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD595-HD-595-Premier-Headphone/dp/B0001FTVE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282869963&sr=8-1

I've also thought about getting an amp. If you guys have a headphone amp suggestion that would be great.

What kind of headphones do you guys use? I live in an apartment so I can't have a huge stereo system, and I figure that some nice ~$200 headphones will do the trick instead. Any suggestions on other headphones in this price range? The sennheisers have great reviews, so that's why I'm looking at them. I plan on buying some headphones next week when my bing cash back gets into my amazon account.

Comments

• ashenbloodashenblood Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    From what I've heard, the 555's are nearly as good, and with some slight modifications, they are exactly the same. In any case, both cans have the same drivers. You will probably need an amp for the 595.

Personally, I would get the Audio Technica ATH-AD700. I have a pair, and they sound fantastic, don't need an amp, and can easily work for movies and games as well. I think the only genre which I might prefer the 595/555 would be for classical. For rock, electronic, etc, the ad700 wins hands down. However, that's just my opinion, you'll definitely find what your looking for here. ;) good luck