This site

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Is slowing down. Most of the original posters are gone. Only like 10 new threads a day? :mad:

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    It has to do with school stating.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think it's a combo of school starting and the front page. This site has everything needed to work out well. Just keep posting people will come. We've still got new members signing up. Ive been posting alot in the religion section Politics and new's lately. Remember were still a pretty young forum. I think were doing good for how long we've been up. We just gotta contribute content and the rest will fall into place.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Working 70 hours a fucking week and not having time at work kinda slowed me down
    Trainee should be ready in two weeks
    then i will be back big time
  • edited August 2010
    Its important not to lose faith. This moment in time will literally make or break this place. It's all down to whether or not everybody has faith and continues to contribute, even if it looks like a lost cause.

I promise you - do this and have some patience, and we'll gradually grow.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    The site's slowing down literally as well. It takes like 10 seconds to load a page. I think we need a new host.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been working every day and I'm tired as fuck so I'm posting a lot less, but yeah the site has slowed down some. Once the changes are made and people actually start trying to recruit we'll get more traffic, more members, and thus more posts.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL whatever you have to tell yourselves! Good luck getting new members when you are so blatantly homophobic and strict. You can't even have a decent signature without some retarded paki removing it. Load times are shit as someone else mentioned. Plus the site itself is ugly. Who's Idea was it to mod DirtySanchez anyway? The kids borderline retarded and good luck getting any serious contributors to his forum if anyone sees the threads he makes. It must be pretty embarrasing for some of you.
  • edited August 2010
    Are you talking to me? Or the OP? Sure I'll stop posting, just like all of you who hate Zoklet enough to leave and do your own thing yet still post there and talk about it daily. Oh well you're just a bunch of kids anyway.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    I get little to no responses in threads I make...Hence I'm starting to drift away.

EDIT: A thread on Kid Cudi has more posts/views than my thread on Brian Eno...This makes me ask myself, 'what the fuck am I doing here?'
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm posting wherever I can think of something to post to keep things going. It's slowed down quite a bit for the aforementioned school reason and that the site loads slow.
  • edited August 2010
    ^ This. It's pretty hard to post when it takes about 5 minutes to quote someone :D

But on the other hand, who cares that much right now? We'll just stick it out till we get better hosting or whatever.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I've personally been slow here for the past couple of days because I've had a lot going on at home and at work. I got home last night and today and fell asleep immediately. Things will get better. More good threads will help. I spend a lot of time trying to come up with ideas for threads and a lot of them fall to the wayside because I then think "nah, that just seems bloggish and &T is not for personal blogging"
  • edited August 2010
    I've personally been slow here for the past couple of days because I've had a lot going on at home and at work. I got home last night and today and fell asleep immediately. Things will get better. More good threads will help. I spend a lot of time trying to come up with ideas for threads and a lot of them fall to the wayside because I then think "nah, that just seems bloggish and &T is not for personal blogging"

Psh, you could always post it in SG or something :D
    edited August 2010
    I have a few ideas for threads, but lately I've been too tired to write them up. Once I get my new headphones, amp and external sound card on Wednesday I'll have another toy to play with so I can write up a thread on audiophile headphones. Having a job with random hours is making it hard for me to make new threads all the time :/
  • edited August 2010
    A thread on those headphones sounds really cool actually. I've always been interested in that sort of thing. Too bad I have no money to buy myself a good pair of headphones :mad:
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    A thread on those headphones sounds really cool actually. I've always been interested in that sort of thing. Too bad I have no money to buy myself a good pair of headphones :mad:

I dont have the money either, but I've been really, really wanting audiophile headphones for a while and I decided that fuck it, life is too short to not treat myself to nice stuff every so often. The reviews for the HD 600 are overwhelmingly positive. Honestly it's cheaper (and less annoying for the neighbors) to get a really nice headphone setup than to splurge on a stereo. I'll use them for watching blu-ray movies too, since my logitech 2.1 setup is so shitty.

I love learning about new stuff, so this will be interesting. I plan on taking pics of all the equipment for the thread, too. I already have 3 other pairs of headphones, one is a wrap around for running, and 2 sets of earbuds, one noise isolating and one not. It'll be a chance for me to review everything, since I haven't done that yet.