Poster requested suggestions.

fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
Okay I know we have a suggestions forum but this one will be more personalized for bltc. Let me know of any requests or new ideas for anything dealing with your forum. This is your forum so I think any poster should have some voice on how it's being ran. These suggestions will not be decided by me, it will be decided on the other posters opinon on the suggestion.

Maybe you think a certain thread should be stickied or unstuck. Maybe your first suggestion is to not have this thread. All is welcome.

Voice your opinion here.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for taking the bold approach :). If you need anything done regarding this section feel free to PM me.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the bold approach :). If you need anything done regarding this section feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the input man.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    We definitely need something to get more traffic & more people posting. I was thinking about this the other night, actually. I've got a few ideas that I'm going to mull over for a bit.

There's also a lot of posts of mine I want to copy from cocklet and post here. I don't want to spam up the front page though, lol, but also in regards to the whole SEO & twitter and all that, a lot of my threads I think would be worthy enough to be linked to & in this fashion it would be better to have them as separate threads. I suppose I could just post a few everyday, but even then I'd probably end up spamming the front page.

also, back in the day in the original BLTC there were quite a few of us working on the BLTC research project which was fun & interesting. I think you were even part of it, frost byte. Anyway I kept all the files associated with it and it eventually evolved into Dose Zine at Chemphoria but it died out because the administration there was fucking gay. But as editor I kept all the files & shit so piss on them. I plan on posting all that nonsense, too. the question is though, what will BLTC have this time around? We could definitely do a BLTC zine if we get enough people interested.

another idea: roping in a vendor of ethnobotanicals would be nice, although we'd probably need a bigger user base before anyone saw us as a juicy target...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Do a Totse Zine, it will be much easier you can easily fill the content from all forums.
  • anranr Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    *cough cough* Cannabis forum *cough cough*
    edited August 2010
    anr wrote: »

Okay. I'll mention it to the admin.

Also I'm thinking rizzo for second mod postion with me in bltc. Anyone got input on that?
  • edited August 2010
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Okay. I'll mention it to the admin.

Also I'm thinking rizzo for second mod postion with me in bltc. Anyone got input on that?

Wouldn't offend me. I say yea.
  • möganmögan Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    anr wrote: »

I concur. I just found out my favorite forum is backup and I believe there should be a Medical Marijuana section added!
  • CrashwangdoodleCrashwangdoodle New Arrival
    edited September 2010
    mögan wrote: »
    I concur. I just found out my favorite forum is backup and I believe there should be a Medical Marijuana section added!

We don't need a section for everything, a section for joints/blunts/bongs/pipes/vapes/drinks/foods/etc.
    edited September 2010
    Sorry guys I was MIA for a week or two.

I had a little run-in with the law enforcment types and had to stay a few nights at the free county motel. Atleast they feed you. :angry:

I'm back now though.
    edited September 2010
    Welcome back, any updates on adding a second mod or cannabis forum as suggested in the posts above?

I just logged in about half a hour ago, I'm not sure if that has been brought up with the right people while I was a POW.

Is that what everyone wants, a second mod for bltc? What about a cannabis section? I don't decide anything by just what I want. I do whatever the majority of the fourm wants. I don't decide it, I just preform the action.
    edited September 2010
    I think Dfg said that each section was eventually going to have multiple mods anyway so i guess you're eventually going to have to get a co-mod here. The cannabis forum you would probably have to make a separate thread for so you could get everyone's input.

Yeah I remember him saying that. Do you want the postion?
  • edited September 2010
    Any chance I could have stars near my name and or be promoted to a moderator ASAP?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Any chance I could have stars near my name and or be promoted to a moderator ASAP?

I don't think we have stars planned for users as for moderation. You just have to work hard and contribute on Totse.
    edited October 2010
    Sorry I was MIA again guys.

Had a little bit of legal problems but I am back.

Thanks dfg for holding my postion.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, I'm a mod here now. I have a few ideas for write-ups. As always, if you need research for anything, just ask. I have access though my university to thousands of academic journals. Looking forward to posting more research, as soon as I can find some interesting things.
    edited October 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm a mod here now. I have a few ideas for write-ups. As always, if you need research for anything, just ask. I have access though my university to thousands of academic journals. Looking forward to posting more research, as soon as I can find some interesting things.

Welcome.

Glad someone else is here to help me. Not that there is much to help on yet, but another mod means more content posted.
  • Bob_DoleBob_Dole Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    Don't you guys think there should be a thread with forum rules? For instance not incriminating yourself, how using SWIM is pretty much useless, no source discussion, official threads, etc.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Mods are supposed to work on forum guidelines for their own section. Some of the mods have been lazy and/or absentee. I agree that there needs to be a set of guidelines.
    edited December 2010
    I would be glad to help out. We could just piece together other drug forums guidelines and then personalize it for Totse as time goes on.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Bob_Dole wrote: »
    I would be glad to help out. We could just piece together other drug forums guidelines and then personalize it for Totse as time goes on.

Sure go ahead. Mods are here to manage this place. If you want to add some rules or want to amke some guidelines to help users, you're free to make them and then we can all work on it.
    edited December 2010
    So I put together a short list and I hope others can expound upon my points.
    • Harm Reduction

I think to promote intelligent discussion of drugs and chemicals, we should take steps to advance harm reduction. However I do not believe we should do this at cost of freedom of speech. Sites like bluelight.ru do this and it personally annoys the shit out of me. Harm reduction is rational, but we shouldn't be cutting people out just because they may or may not want to follow through with what we believe.

• Sourcing

Do not ask for sources for RCs, Rx pills, mail order marijuana, or chinese dick glitter. We do not care if you can get the best nugget this side of the 38th parallel from a guy in Morocco named Farid and he ships internationally for $12 bucks. If you want to talk about sources, take it off Totse. This is to cover our asses.

• How To...

Use The Mother Fucking Search Engine. If that doesn't work, use google. If that doesn't work, you fail at life. Drug manufacturing write ups are all over the internet, take sometime and look.

However, discussions about techniques, process refinement, and advanced drug topics should be allowed. We should be promoting intelligent conversation, not a bunch of 15 year olds who think they can make meth in their trailer with mom and dad.

• Official Threads

This needs mod input. In the past Totse had an official DXM thread to counter the flood of 15 year olds getting off of whatever was in their medicine cabinet, I think it would be intelligent to do the same.

• Incriminating yourself

Using SWIM does not free yourself from legal liability. Everything that you say on this website can be used against you, so if you are unsure about posting something because you think the feds have your line tap and SWAT is currently surrounding your mom's basement, DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

• Dick Sizing

No one cares if you have ten strippers sledding down your mountain of the purest columbian coke. No one cares if you drank a bottle of Evan Williams and punched out your wifes two front teeth. No one cares if you smoke 12 blunts a day while you drive around in your BMW and you still manage to have a 4.0 GPA. Get over it.

• Suicide

Although we can make a joke of it, I think mods should quickly close these threads after posting suicide help lines. Members should take it upon themselves to do something good for a change and try to help. Alot of us have been down the road, and although we may have not come to an online forum, I'm sure some people do. We should be the better person and do something positive.

Just my two cents.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    Bob Dole.
    edited January 2011
    Bob_Dole wrote: »
    So I put together a short list and I hope others can expound upon my points.
    • Harm Reduction

I think to promote intelligent discussion of drugs and chemicals, we should take steps to advance harm reduction. However I do not believe we should do this at cost of freedom of speech. Sites like bluelight.ru do this and it personally annoys the shit out of me. Harm reduction is rational, but we shouldn't be cutting people out just because they may or may not want to follow through with what we believe.

• Sourcing

Do not ask for sources for RCs, Rx pills, mail order marijuana, or chinese dick glitter. We do not care if you can get the best nugget this side of the 38th parallel from a guy in Morocco named Farid and he ships internationally for $12 bucks. If you want to talk about sources, take it off Totse. This is to cover our asses.

• How To...

Use The Mother Fucking Search Engine. If that doesn't work, use google. If that doesn't work, you fail at life. Drug manufacturing write ups are all over the internet, take sometime and look.

However, discussions about techniques, process refinement, and advanced drug topics should be allowed. We should be promoting intelligent conversation, not a bunch of 15 year olds who think they can make meth in their trailer with mom and dad.

• Official Threads

This needs mod input. In the past Totse had an official DXM thread to counter the flood of 15 year olds getting off of whatever was in their medicine cabinet, I think it would be intelligent to do the same.

• Incriminating yourself

Using SWIM does not free yourself from legal liability. Everything that you say on this website can be used against you, so if you are unsure about posting something because you think the feds have your line tap and SWAT is currently surrounding your mom's basement, DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

• Dick Sizing

No one cares if you have ten strippers sledding down your mountain of the purest columbian coke. No one cares if you drank a bottle of Evan Williams and punched out your wifes two front teeth. No one cares if you smoke 12 blunts a day while you drive around in your BMW and you still manage to have a 4.0 GPA. Get over it.

• Suicide

Although we can make a joke of it, I think mods should quickly close these threads after posting suicide help lines. Members should take it upon themselves to do something good for a change and try to help. Alot of us have been down the road, and although we may have not come to an online forum, I'm sure some people do. We should be the better person and do something positive.

Just my two cents.

This looks good. Put together well and informative.

I'm trying to work it into a sticky maybe? But that would make three already, I don't want to clutter up the top with stickies.

Input?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    ^Make one sticky and add info into it.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited January 2011
    The retarded thread should not be stickied, IMO. It'll probably stay close to the top anyway.

Edit: Come to think of it, BUMP when high shouldn't be stickied either. If it's stickied there's no reason to bump it, right?
    edited January 2011
    1337 wrote: »
    The retarded thread should not be stickied, IMO. It'll probably stay close to the top anyway.

Edit: Come to think of it, BUMP when high shouldn't be stickied either. If it's stickied there's no reason to bump it, right?

Go ahead and change it man.

Do whatever you think is good for the board. You are a mod too.
  • edited July 2011
    My suggestion is that I mod bltc. Not to be conceited I just feel like I would do some good, I'm pretty knowledgeable in the drug realm...
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    My suggestion is that I mod bltc. Not to be conceited I just feel like I would do some good, I'm pretty knowledgeable in the drug realm...

That's a joke right? You've been here a matter of days, with only a handful of posts. Contribute and stick around a while and I will be the first one to recommend you for mod.