The Official (foar nao) Photography Thread

edited September 2010 in Life
The General was right in wanting the dedication of a section of &T to photography. So here it is for now! Let's start this shit:

87190.jpg

55720.jpg

90069.jpg

87189.jpg

And for a touch of micrography, which I'm a noob at:

92858.jpg

Comments

• edited July 2010
    95665.jpg

89828.jpg

89825.jpg

57499.jpg

90065.jpg

EDIT: Speaking of the Amanita in the first picture of the first post, I found another Amanita parcivolvata with a very deformed stipe bulb. It has been preserved well.

Link to Confirmation of A. parcivolvata
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    I fucking hated learning about Kingdom Fungi in biology but those are impressive pictures.

Although, for this thread, or in this sub-forum: Moving Pictures, I'd like to see a thread dedicated to talking about particular movie shots from an artistic point of view.

IE. The first 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The monolith shots, the panoramics of the random terrain before we are introduced to the apes.

Another great example would be the entire movie of Citizen Kane which set the standard on movie shots.
  • edited July 2010
    iSoape wrote: »
    I fucking hated learning about Kingdom Fungi in biology but those are impressive pictures.

Although, for this thread, or in this sub-forum: Moving Pictures, I'd like to see a thread dedicated to talking about particular movie shots from an artistic point of view.

IE. The first 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The monolith shots, the panoramics of the random terrain before we are introduced to the apes.

Another great example would be the entire movie of Citizen Kane which set the standard on movie shots.

I agree there should be, even if aside form the Photography forum, a thread for photographic and cinematographic technique and methodology. I'd love reading from people more experienced than myself. And I, for instance, was hoping to get advice on how to use how low ISO settings with macro shots in low light situations. My macro shots always come out blurry this way.
  • edited July 2010
    Would a mod please move this to Art & Design? These pictures don't move and that's where everyone is posting their photos anyways. Many thanks for all time and consideration.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Looks like we have a photography forum now :)

Moved to Studio.