Totse Photoshop Contest 2: Inventions! (VOTING)

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited September 2010 in Life
Below are the entries from Totse Photoshop Contest 2: Inventions!

Here you can vote which user you think has the best entry, or which user best completed the task: "Photoshop your idea on how we can create or improve certain technologies through the use of a behaviour found in nature."

Voting closes in one week (5th of September)

In addition to voting you can also post suggestions on the what the topic could be for the next contest. Something a little more simple might work better :p

bornkiller: 100% Interactive BBS
5yxpw4.jpg

Megalodon: Self-juicing Lemons
snc3tc.png

Skittles: The Hedgehog Car Alarm
hedgehogcaralarm.jpg

Mayberry: The T-Rex Ladder - Combines the ascending and descending abilities of a ladder with the ferocity of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
trexladder.png

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    HAhah, this one is funny and tough.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Make the next topic stupidity.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    skittles, because me and mayberry both have 3 and I didn't want to be greedy for votes lol

"Photoshop your idea on how we can create or improve certain technologies through the use of a behaviour found in nature."

on a more philosophical level, what isn't nature? I suppose as long as anything is doing anything, it is nature. technologies can be anything really. "nature" as most people percieve as plants, animals, and earth, is practically a super advanced technology. fruit for example is "programmed" to feed practically everything while enabling it to spread as many seeds as it can to grow clones of itself.

too bad not many people participate in this the entries could get a lot cooler.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    skittles, because me and mayberry both have 3 and I didn't want to be greedy for votes lol

"Photoshop your idea on how we can create or improve certain technologies through the use of a behaviour found in nature."

on a more philosophical level, what isn't nature? I suppose as long as anything is doing anything, it is nature. technologies can be anything really. "nature" as most people percieve as plants, animals, and earth, is practically a super advanced technology. fruit for example is "programmed" to feed practically everything while enabling it to spread as many seeds as it can to grow clones of itself.

too bad not many people participate in this the entries could get a lot cooler.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just using a simple definition nature=plants, animals, etc. Technologies=man made things, electronics, machinery, etc. Sure its vague and has loopholes, but I kind of like seeing how far people will push the limits of the topic...gives us some creative space.

I thought this topic would be quite cool, but I think it was a bit too intricate for some people. I had to sit there for a while thinking of an idea, and even when I did it was kind of meh. I want the next topic to be a little more simple. Maybe something from the news? I saw that story about the miners that are stuck underground in a collapsed mine, and how its going to take until Christmas to get them out :eek: Maybe something based around that?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I voted for Mayberry. It made me lol although Bornkillers was a close second and looks like it took more talent.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Maybe 2 votes. Since the entries are limited.
    Nah:D because I liked Megalodons and Mayburys entries, because that shit cracked me up.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I voted Mayberry because I really want one of those.
  • edited September 2010
    SELF JUICING LEMONS

Awesome, voted.
    edited September 2010
    Its a draw!
    edited September 2010
    *makes 100 fake usernames and votes for self*
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh damn, totally forgot about this. I didn't even vote. If my vote still matters, I'd vote for myself to win, but actually I'd vote for Skittles. I'm sure everyone agrees his deserves more than 1 vote. It's well crafted and captures the essence of the contest theme quite well.

But thanks for the votes. And well played, Megalodon.
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I'd vote for myself to win, but actually I'd vote for Skittles.

ha that's what I did XD
    edited September 2010
    We still need another topic idea. Quick someone post a picture of something.
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    We still need another topic idea. Quick someone post a picture of something.
    qwwpz4.jpg
    edited September 2010
    nevermind
    edited September 2010
    Lol at bk.

I was thinking more of an unedited image. Something that's hi-res and that we can all play with ;) I was trying to find a random image of someone on facebook but, nothing stood out.
    edited September 2010
    Oh fuck I thought this was the mspaint thread. I have that topic covered.

Please resume your topic generating convention.
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Lol at bk.

I was thinking more of an unedited image. Something that's hi-res and that we can all play with ;) I was trying to find a random image of someone on facebook but, nothing stood out.

Will we be looking at a modify this pic type theme this time. :)

Edit: inb4 the birth of Toothlessjoe.

bold2007_chicago_high_res2.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Its perfect.
This discussion has been closed.