How was your first day at school this year?

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I know a lot of you have started school several weeks ago, but good for me, I started today :D

Started my second year by going to school for 1 hour to take a first-year course :o

Talked to some little girls, and stared at this guy's ugly face out of disgust. Then I realized it was the first class of a first-year course, which means it's 50 minutes of "Welcome to the university. Welcome to the course. Study hard. Here are the topics we will cover. Here is how you will be marked. Goodbye." But I was there, so I sat through it anyways.

Then went to buy a lab manual and lab coat which cost $60 in total :mad:

Hope tomorrow will be better even though I have to go at 8 am and finish at 5 pm. At least I'll be taking second-year stuff and actually seeing people I know.

Enough about me, can you outcrap my first day?

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    im 8 weeks into the semester. its fairly good. only 3 days a week.

overall, ive procrastinated more than i would like. the content seems easy this semester, but i know its going to bit me in the ass somehow
  • seanicusseanicus New Arrival
    edited September 2010
    I was separated from my girlfriend whom i just started getting sexual with, and had to move into a room I have to share with someone else. It was ninety something degrees, and both of us forgot to bring a fan.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I don't go to school but the first day of the school year here was extremely busy for my work. We made the most money that day than we have in the past 2 years of being open. After the store closed we ordered pizza and congratulated ourselves for getting through the night without anyone quitting despite how terribly we did.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited September 2010
    Shitty. The new dean of students freaked the fuck out, looked into my past and found stuff from last year to punish me for, along with this year (I google'd a blocked search term) and started threatening to not let me graduate.

Apparently this is due to my past records. I have "Bringing a dangerous weapon to school" on my record from my freshman year (It was a fucking disposable camera), but they don't bother to note that kind of thing.

The new student handbook that they tried to get us all to sign saying we'd obey (I didn't) states that we can be punished for anything we do outside of school that "Disrupts the learning environment". Last year that was me saying I liked a picture on face book, so I don't trust their judgment on that.

They're also saying that even if we are of age to smoke cigarettes, if we do so in view of the school (but off school grounds, on private property, not during school hours) that we may be suspended for up to 6 days.

And last night, my friend gets a call from his parents who are out of town. His mom starts screaming at him about how somebody called her and said there was going to be a huge party at his house since they were gone. There was jack shit going on. She even called the cops and told them to check on us at 11, 12 and 1 AM.

Apparently it was somebody from the school football game saying this, and I'm betting anything it was this new dean that overheard them and called his mother. She's being a goddamn nazi, if this keeps up, photoshop and /b/ may have to become involved.
  • edited September 2010
    My first day back was boring as hell. I basically sat around during all the free time I had, and posted on &T during class because the teachers weren't actually IN THE ROOM. Fuck, I could have been at home.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited September 2010
    I wish I could start school all over again.
    Things would different let me tell you.
    Anyway have fun kids its the best time of your life enjoy it while you can:thumbsup:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    I have "Bringing a dangerous weapon to school" on my record from my freshman year (It was a fucking disposable camera),

Them capacitors can really pack a punch. XD
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    My first day was only ok because i had to find my classes on this big ass campus and it didn't help that i'm a freshman but overall it was good seeing some people i knew and being in some cool classes.

I was walking past the more first-year populated areas and almost laughed out loud when I realized almost every single one of them was looking at a map :p
  • edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I was walking past the more first-year populated areas and almost laughed out loud when I realized almost every single one of them was looking at a map :p

Oh lawd, this :D

I had someone come up to me and was like "So do you guys know what's actually going on? Where am I going?". I had no idea what to say, I just replied with some totally unhelpful BS until he walked away again.

They all walked around with maps, saying things about not being able to find their classes etc :D
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited September 2010
    Hah, suckers, school already started for you! I don't start until the 27th. :D

Two more weeks of joyous schoolfree summertime left.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited September 2010
    Them capacitors can really pack a punch. XD

Hahaha...you know me...:p

I gave a camera to a friend of mine who I taught that, he started shocking people :o