Samurai 7 [2004]

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
samurai7z.jpg

A small village is being persecuted by robbers who return every harvest to seize the village's crops. Faced with starvation, the villagers send out a mission to find and recruit some samurai to defend them. With no pay to offer except rice, and knowing full well that only down-on-their-luck samurai would even consider accepting such an deal, the villagers can only hope that their saviours will appear before the rice is ready for harvest.

It looks interesting. i am downloading it now.

Comments

• FrYFrY Regular
    edited September 2010
    How was it?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Well the first episode was like wtf. I didn't watch the rest. Although I am intrested in it. I still need to watch some more episodes. The cool thing is, they're like figthing robots :D. So, expect some action.
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    man fuck this shit, kurosawa did it better.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Samurai 7 was an old ass black & white film. The description here presents a huge difference from the original: they weren't fed rice. The villagers they were supposed to defend were so poor they couldn't even give them rice. They gave them millet, which was cheaper than rice and what animals ate. Subtle difference, but I think it's an important one. Watch the old movie.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the tip fagglekai. Ill be watching this soon. Movie or show first you think?