Ghost in the Shell: SAC is the best series ever. Fact.

da teachada teacha Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Seriously, what even comes close?

The way it looks, the way it makes you think, the way it visualises the future: it's beauty; fear and astonishment wrapped into 2 brilliant packages.

The questions the series (combined with Serial Experiments Lain) raised about how technology may affect the future, has changed my outlook on life. The line between the physical and cyber worlds is constantly becoming blurred and the way the writer and animators have portrayed these possible changes is nothing short of believable.

To boot, there is a shitload of action, and a mesmerising soundtrack.

Unlike most throwaway media these days; if you watch GITS:SAC it and take it all in, it's a series which you will never forget. It truly is a modern classic which surpasses all else in its field.

Comments

• Th0rTh0r Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Awesome film.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    I actually liked the 2nd GiG better, but the first is great too.

That said I probably wouldn't call it any more than good science fiction with some philosophical questions thrown in - I don't see the world becoming anything like that.

Me too, the 2nd gig had much more flow to it and was way more epic to follow.

The 1st had that certain feel about it though...
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll give that it is one the greatest anime series ever, not the best though
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited September 2010
    I like the manga more than the movies, and I really enjoyed the movies.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    I watched it when I was first trying to find good anime and didn't like it much. Maybe its because I started smoking weed with my anime more often, but when my internet broke I rewatched it and it is pretty fuckin good. I often find myself comparing it to some shitty anime I'm in or wishing it was more like it. The movies are pretty fuckin gr8 too, the one about bato and his dog was a literal TRIP!