As much as I hate Treyarch for that abomination called World at War, I'm actually pretty stoked for this game. They're doing everything right that MW2 messed up or left out, like dedicated servers and character customization
(finally). It's hard to fathom that they're finally latching onto a concept that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 perfected several years ago.
So, COD followers, is this going to be another fuck-up?
Rolf will be downloading Black Ops, because, quite frankly, Rolf has considered none of the Call of Duty games (apart from Modern Warfare #1) to be worth the money of Rolf. Rolf hopes it will be good.
Hey, I never said MW2 was good. It was just more playable than WAW, especially with the Barebones servers.
They shouldn't have made stupid killstreaks that dominate the maps as well
Slow-mo of the teaser:
Skip to the last minute and a half if you want to see it at normal speed.
Ballistic knives look fucking sick, but the RC car seems a bit broken.
Looks like this one will have way more strategy involved than the previous installments.. Just the things you can do with the camera alone.. awesome.
"Realism" and Call of Duty do not compute, Captain Rolf suggests thee try ArmA II or World War II Online or Operation Flashpoint (Blargh).
Also, the multiplayer in this game looks really good. Want.
EDIT: Actually I might want MOH instead.
I don't mind realism or the lack thereof. I'm just saying that games like Call of Duty put so much emphasis on realism that they're practically mo-capping the C130s. They'll capture the actual sounds of every weapon and person and tree in the game, but the RC car just seems like someone at Treyarch lost a bet.
Black Ops features and the effects:
- The dive feature removes the majority of drop-shots because while sprinting the prone button makes you dive and you cannot shoot whilst diving.
- More interactable Killstreaks make it so that campers do not have control of their character when using them (RC car, chopper, Valkyrie rockets, mortar team etc)
- Combat Training is the new way to perfect and learn new tactics and allows new players to acquanit themselves with the game before going online which means a higher standard of skill level and the removal of death streaks.
- Marathon and Lightweight are in different perk tiers and Marathon is no longer infinite sprint, its COD4's Extreme Conditioning.
- Stopping power has been removed which allows for slight more diversity for players as they get to play around with other perks instead of the obvious 'I'l go for weapon damage lolool.'
Treyarch also have software implemented to track boosters and penalise them. There has also been talk of a hacker-proof system but who knows these days.
Please throw in a 3v3 A-N-D 4v4 Team Tactical Treyarch, whos with me on this?
tl;dr: LESS FAGS.
I don't want to see any K-style.