Basic Training Experiences!

sAINTsAINT Regular
edited September 2010 in Man Cave
ITT: We share funny experiences that were had in Basic Training

Where did you all do yours at?

Ft.Sill here. Drill Sergeant Gonzales was my platoons leader, along with Drill Sergeant Metzger and Drill Sergeant Wilson.

DS Wilson ALWAYS was saying funny shit, he had a real southern accent. "PRIVATES DO I GOTTA STICK A QUARTER UP YO ASS TO GET YOU TO MOVE AND THING, CMON MEN!"

Towards the end, we had our Assistant Platoon Guide's wife send in 60 OC 10's.
We took our sleeping bags and wrapped them around two bunks to create a wall. Inside, we took our PT mats folded up and used them as legs for a table, and we were playing Uno cards (we also got smuggled in) and snorted oxy all night till about midnight before our DS came in and checked on us.
Never got caught

I had chewing tobacco smuggled in too, sold them made quite a bit of profit.

We had an "elite team" of Road guards. They stayed road guard all the way through, and we made different ranks for them. We would salute them in shit every time they walked by lmao.

We also had "The Counsel" It was an elite renegade group of privates who had a strong voice in the Platoon. We effectively got rid of 2 Platoon Guide's who were stuck up pricks, and replaced them with a member of "The Counsel"

Post some more as I can remember!

Comments

• acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ever heard of the 50 gallon barrel of water? That was a fun one...... Fuck.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited September 2010
    I left just before departing to 'the farm', where the real basic would begin. But there a shitload of good times in preselection and as 'rouge' (waiting to be shipped out).

I was 'rouge' when the Legion celebrated Cameron and we had to do alllll the fucking grunt work behind a party for French veteran paratroopers. We started work at like 10am and finished around 3am on the busiest night, but it was a fucking great laugh. Of course, wine and beer was being served, and that inevitably worked its way down to us; taking a bottle here, collecting unempy glasses there, and as the night rocked on we gradually all started getting drunk. After a month or so of sheer waiting and boredom, trying to act hard, that was the beginning where barriers started to fall and our group started becoming a bit closer.

A month after that, we were in another place, a week prior to basic. We had to do swimming, diving and rope climbs in the pool. For the diving, a German guy decided to bomb the pool, splashing the saergant and caporal chef and everybody just looked at eachother like.... :eek: though surprisingly they just laughed it off and issued up the next person. Then came along a Frenchie, who decided to pull off some 2.5 half piked backflip, to the applause of everybody, and a few guys after was an African who couldn't swim, and was seemingly afraid of water. He absolutely refused to jump, and eventually the caporal chef started making his way up the ladder... Everybody was like 'ohhhhh shiiiiii', as the African slowly edged his way towards the edge of the board, then screamed like a little girl when jumping on in.

A few days later on a Sunday, we had a choice to go church. Me and a few others refused and had a game of football outside. It nearly bought a tear to my eye to play some football after 2 months of no freedom. The officers were on the same level as us, playing along, and for them 90 minutes all the barriers in the Legion seemed to be broken down. I scored a beautiful, absolutely beautiful goal from a volley, which curled to top corner (admittedly lucky) and the lieutenant gave me the nickname of Beckham, which was pretty cool to have. Later that day, as a surprise, we were tricked into thinking we'd watch a 'Legion documentary' in the cinema, but instead got the MATRIX! The cheer of 100 legionairres cried out and the applause and cheering throughout made a fucking great atmosphere at the best moments.

I really regret leaving sometimes. Fuuucck. But the 5 year contract forever played on my mind. It's a long, long time, and there's so much I still wanted to do in life, retaining my innocence.