"The stranger from Camus"

stresstres Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
what is this book about? i was looking at quotes for the movie jarhead for another thread and i saw this:
Sgt. Siek: Swofford? Swofford?
Anthony 'Swoff' Swofford: Yeah?
Sgt. Siek: What the fuck? You sick?
Anthony 'Swoff' Swofford: No, sir. I just got this stomach-thing...
Sgt. Siek: Staff Sergenat Siek. I'm with Surveillance and Target Acquisition. STA. I heard it took six guys to pull that little branding trick on you. And your file says that you ain't dumb either. So you better get unsick most motha fucking rikey-tick, cause' there's a chance that you could be a scout sniper!
Sgt. Siek: [picks up Swofford's book] What the fuck is this?
Sgt. Siek: "The stranger from Camus". That's some heavy dope right there, marine!

i wanna read 'heavy dope' it sound intriguing

Comments

• edited September 2010
    *can't tell if trolling*...*unsure whether or not to give serious answer*....
  • FONFON Regular
    edited September 2010
    *can't tell if trolling*...*unsure whether or not to give serious answer*....

Your troll detection skills fail.

Haven't read the book but it does look vaguely interesting....*puts it on his 'to read' list*
  • edited September 2010
    FON wrote: »
    Your troll detection skills fail.

Haven't read the book but it does look vaguely interesting....*puts it on his 'to read' list*

There's no such book as "The Stranger From Camus."

Albert Camus, a French philosopher, wrote a novel called "The Stranger" which is really good.

And it's "heavy dope."
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok so I'm looking out for a pdf version of 'The Stranger', written by 'Camus'.

I will be the judge on the true weight of the dope.
  • PsychonauticalPsychonautical Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    It's a good read, short as hell though.

I'd say a must have for anyone delving into philosophy, especially existentialism.

It's also just a powerful story, regardless of whether or not you pay attention to the themes.