Hookah!

Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
My first time smoking a hookah was a couple summers ago on Hampton Beach before a concert.
hooka.jpg

That fall I picked up a cheap 24" hookah off a college girl on craigslist for $30, an AMAZING price. I put about another $30 into a new bowl, hose, and windcover. It looked really nice, yellow glass and a reddish pink bowl/hose.

Unforunately it broke beyond repair at a party in May so I have to replace it before I leave for college.

There's just something about smoking a hookah, the huge, cool, fruity clouds of smoke, the bubbling noise, the buzz, that's just so relaxing.

Post your hookahs, hookah stories, favorite shisha flavors/brands, etc.

Comments

• 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Fuckin' love hookahs.

Every try smoking nothing but pipe tobacco out of one?

We were out of papers and had a bag of pipe tobacco. Needless to say, it was a bad idea. Such a nicotine buzz..
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hah no, I've never tried that. I got a shitload of shisha when I bought it and a couple more tins for fairly cheap so we never ran out. Did it even stay lit?
  • deaddead New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    It's ok, pretty much only hookah when they happen to have it at bars I'm at. I almost enjoy all the fun shit you can do with the smoke more than the smoke itself.
  • KentKent Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I love hookah sessions with a bunch of friends. There’s an awesome range of flavours and It's awesome with a few drinks.

I do remember when I was at a party and one of my friends ran out of coal so he was convinced he could get it working by lighting the tobacco with a kitchen lighter. Unfortunately he failed and eventually passed out after a champion effort.
  • edited August 2010
    Never tried one, but my girlfriend has one in her kitchen. Might have to convince her its a cool idea.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Have one, but all my shisha dried out while I was overseas.

I think my girlfriend has some stashed around the apartment somewhere. I need to start a raid to find it!
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    Australian government decided to introduce tobacco tax on shisha. 50g went from $3.50 to $13.50. I've had a few hookahs and really would love to buy another but it's impossible to source tobacco cheap without substituting for herbal shisha which is basically shredded sugarcane, no nicotine and tastes shit.

Nothing more chill then smoking shisha, nothing...
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited October 2010
    My favorite sheesha or shisha whichever one you call it, is blue mist, vanilla, and peach mixed. I love that combination.
  • edited October 2010
    Me and my friend found a mini hookah in his attic once, it was awesome.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2010
    I enjoy the odd puff.

I buy a brand called "nakhla" (I usually go apple flavored) from the local bazaar. The only brand they sell in AU - i think.

I used to buy those longer lasting Hookah Charcoal pieces that sparkle when you first light them but i just use standard BBQ fuel now.

Some people call them hubbly-bubblies. All the Arabs i know call it an 'argili'. I call it "the fancy bong".
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    A lot of turkish friends of mine call them 'Nargileh'.