'Exit Through The Gift Shop' (A Banksy Movie)

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited December 2010 in Life
banksy-exit-through-the-gift-shop.jpg

So I just watched this ...and it was awesome! I don't know whether its just because I used to do street art or not, but I highly recommend this to everyone. Its a documentary style film, that gives you an inside view on the world of street art.

Some artists it covers are Shepard Fairly, Banksy, Invader, Buff Monster, Swoon, Borf, Andre, and of course Mr. Brainwash (:facepalm:)

Here's the one I downloaded, its pretty good quality.

This movie has spurred up my excitement for street art again. I am going to start scheming ;)

Enjoy.
[vimeo]14873907[/vimeo]

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Awesome stuff to watch bro. I watched part of this already before, I might download the full thing.

All totseans should watch it :D Get them all in the mood for some street art.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Just found entire film on Vimeo. Added to OP.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited September 2010
    best movie ever
  • KentKent Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Fuckin' dope
  • edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Just found entire film on Vimeo. Added to OP.

Epic!

Great going dude, that's really really awesome.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    That was fuckin awesome.:thumbsup:
    I tend to agree with Banksy & Shepard near the end.
    Terrys work was made up of stolen ideas.
    Where it payed off was
    the promotional side of his show......Now that was art in itself.:thumbsup:
    This thread deserves 3 :thumbsup: and a :fap:
    edited September 2010
    Yea without the hype, I think his turnout would have been dismal. It's crazy how a few simple worlds from famous artists can do that for ya. We need a quote from Banksy!
    edited September 2010
    Yea without the hype, I think his turnout would have been dismal. It's crazy how a few simple worlds from famous artists can do that for ya. We need a quote from Banksy!
    Did you notice how he went from art noob to Jackass. That was an amazing transformation. :D
    Soooo...Anyone here happen to have Banksys phone number or e-mail?:p
    edited September 2010
    That's probably because he hadn't started from an artistic background, and built himself up over time. It was like instantaneous fame. I wonder if any of us would be like that if we became famous overnight?

Maybe if someone spots one of Banksys works they can write "Totse thinks you're awesome" next to it, but then again why would he promote us when we clearly didn't spend any money to go and see his film :o
    edited September 2010
    That's probably because he hadn't started from an artistic background, and built himself up over time. It was like instantaneous fame. I wonder if any of us would be like that if we became famous overnight?

Maybe if someone spots one of Banksys works they can write "Totse thinks you're awesome" next to it, but then again why would he promote us when we clearly didn't spend any money to go and see his film :o
    :o:o:o
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited September 2010
    too far from where I live anyway heh
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    BUMP. This movie was awesome. Watch it.