Thinking of getting a cellphone

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
For the past 3 years I've ALWAYS had a phone with unlimited text, but since I got with my now wife, I haven't had one, and I'm starting to think that with cool shit like twitter, and to a lesser extent, facebook, I need to get a phone again so I can tweet, text, send pics, and upload youtube videos on the go.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    What's your provider?
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to get the virgin mobile $25 a month unlimited plan
  • edited September 2010
    Get a droid. Those things do everything but they're on the expensive side.

Isn't a Droid like $99?

Their utility outweighs the cost, I think.

EDIT: Apparently, they aren't $99. I could have sworn I saw an ad for them someplace for that price, though.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Isn't a Droid like $99?

Their utility outweighs the cost, I think.

EDIT: Apparently, they aren't $99. I could have sworn I saw an ad for them someplace for that price, though.

I have the Droid X on Verizon. $199 if you order it online or after 100 dollar rebate. $30 extra a month for interwebs and such. My cell bill is kinda high, but oh well. I like it much better than I did my previous "dumb-phones"
  • PigPig Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've got an HTC Evo 4G, from Sprint, which is their best Droid. It's pretty fucking amazing but on the expensive side. My only regret is that 4G isn't available unless you live in a major city.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    I've got an HTC Evo 4G, from Sprint, which is their best Droid. It's pretty fucking amazing but on the expensive side. My only regret is that 4G isn't available unless you live in a major city.

Yeah, essentially 4G is simply a marketing ploy until they get the service more widespread.