Tattooed woman 'told to put bag over head by Jobcentre'

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Hayley-ONeil_1723401c.jpg
Hayley O'Neil, 23, - who also has 20 body piercings - says was also advised to ''stand behind a wall'' when she asked a job centre official what post she could apply for.
She eventually left the Job Centre Plus centre in Blackburn Lancs in tears without any interviews lined up after the advisor concluded: ''Who would hire you looking like that?'' Miss O'Neil, who got her first tattoo from her mother as an 18th birthday present said: ''I just felt so humiliated. I couldn't believe what this guy was saying.
''I said I could take the piercings out but they look a lot worse when they are out."
"The guy said: 'on first impressions do you think anyone would hire you?' He said: 'look at it this way if you were to stand behind a wall - or put a paper bag over your face do you think you would have a better chance?'
"He then backtracked and tried to say that he was sorry and hoped I wasn't offended but I was.
"He talked to me as though I was just going through a phase in my life, but this is my lifestyle choice, and this is who I am."
However a spokesman for the Department for Work and Pensions denied any inappropriate remarks had been made during the interview, adding "Job Centre Plus offers standard job hunting tips which include dressing appropriately when going for an interview or visiting a potential employer."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8020254/Tattooed-woman-told-to-put-bag-over-head-by-Jobcentre.html

I wouldn't hire her either:rolleyes: Take the steel out of your face if you want a job bitch:facepalm:

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not really the job centre's fault. They're just being realisitc. No matter how much 'equality' you strive to achieve, societal 'norms' prevent people with lots of body modifications from making good first impressions, and a lot of the time in the workplace, first impressions are what count.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's not really the job centre's fault. They're just being realisitc. No matter how much 'equality' you strive to achieve, societal 'norms' prevent people with lots of body modifications from making good first impressions, and a lot of the time in the workplace, first impressions are what count.

Exactly I'm tired of all this equality bullshit. She decided to look like a retard by doing that to her face now face the consequences. How can she reasonable expect to get hired by looking like that. It made me lol that she left in tears.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    She has 6 piercings on her face, arms and chest inked, and she expects someone to hire her?

No one's going to hire a freak.
  • edited September 2010
    I'd love to walk past her with a high powered magnet.
  • edited September 2010
    Also, we should troll her Facebook.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    No wonder she was looking for a job from a hiring place. Bitch couldn't even work at McDonalds lookin like that.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited September 2010
    I love it when people make fun it pierced and tattooed people, just so i can prove they are idiots.

But she should have known this type of stuff would happen when she got the modifications.
  • edited September 2010
    Some people have piercings and it looks pretty alright. My ex for example had a few.
  • edited September 2010
    lmao. In the UK? Watch her sue and win a judgement against Jobcentre. Enjoy your rising numbers of black and muslims, coupled with the inability to do anything about it lest you be labeled racist by UAF.
  • edited September 2010
    Honestly the only place that she could get a job would have to be a piercing place or as a tattoo artist. She needs a complete make over if she really wants to have a career where she can actually be respected.

Problem is that she's gonna have big ass scars in her face after taking them out which would probably look even worse than the piercings themselves :D
  • edited September 2010
    She needs a twelve gauge makeover, that whole face has got to go.
    edited September 2010
    She should do piercings like :mad:i said. Now let's charge this bitch for job placement.
    edited September 2010
    Depends on how long she had them in for and what gauge they were.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Depends on how long she had them in for and what gauge they were.

That's why gauges are retarded. I dont have a problem with tat's and a few piercing's but people that take it to an extreme lvel are idiot's and make themselves look like a primitive freak.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4&stc=1&d=1263709236
  • edited September 2010
    That's why gauges are retarded. I dont have a problem with tat's and a few piercing's but people that take it to an extreme lvel are idiot's and make themselves look like a primitive freak.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4&stc=1&d=1263709236

I always laugh at how these look like plates but the stupid niggers with them can't even afford food.