Which conspiracys do you think are bogus.

FrYFrY Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Personally I don't find allot of credit in many of the alien theories. Yes there may be an outside interstellar group that controls are government and military but a quick goggle search will reveal Hundreds of aliens groups and alliances.

It is not too hard to pick a constellation and say you met someone from there then write a story about there existence and a alien biography. And I would almost say with the correct wording you can start gaining a cult like following with people that all want in on the action.

Also the same argument is presented if you ask a believer why the aliens have not come and helped, "they cannot interfere or hey are waiting" waiting for what for the human species to almost wipe itself out, its like the same argument a bible thumper will give you about Jesus 2.0

Allot of our technology seems influenced from something outside out world or it may be the effects of exponential growth, throughout the centuries are information has stacked upon itself to get what we have now.

One thing I cannot get over is the vastness of the universe, if we contacted one alien species I am sure there would be more.

So post what you think may be lacking a certain degree of truth and may not be any more than fantasy. I do believe many conspiracies hold truth.

Also if you have some information to argue that these theories are true by all means post them.

Comments

• Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The vast majority of them, seem to me, to be the delusions of isolated losers who want to feel important and do so by convincing themselves they know the truth about some all encompassing conspiracy which will never ever be proved.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    That the government planned out 9/11.

It's absurd, seriously.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    I dont buy the one that we never landed on the moon. I mean we obviously can so why fake it.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »

It's absurd, seriously.

Not the government persay but maybe the people who are really running the show.
    The government cant do anything right, they could not have pulled that one off.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    I remember when I was like 8 and they had that special on the moon landing being fake and I thought I was God's gift to science. Now I realize it was pretty retarded :o
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't believe in any conspiracy that relies on huge jumps of logic with no consideration of other options.

Smudge on mars looks like a face - must have been built by an ancient civilisation.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think that most conspiracy theories that we know off are bogus, although some are more plausible than others. That isn't to say that there are no conspiracies active in the world at all. I don't think any one group controls the world though. The worlds seems to be run mostly by stupid people who don't know what the fuck they are doing.
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't rule out anything. Even David Icke's reptilian spiel sounds plausible to me.
  • EbolaEbola Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I don´t rule anything out either. Show me evidence and I will draw a conclusion.

Personally I think the "Never-landed-on-the-moon" theory is one of the weakest ones, though I have a hard time explaining the camera that pans and follows the spacecraft after take-off, considering the delay in the signal from the cam/moon to Earth and back.

I don´t believe that any extra-terrestials have ever vistited Earth.

I don´t believe in mind-control lasers, ultra-sound etc.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »

It's absurd, seriously.

Not that I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist, but there is some merit to the argument that 9/11 was planned and executed by America. Especially how a similar plan was presented to JFK in regards to Cuba, which can be easily accessed as the file has since been declassified, which shows at least how the U.S. can act in desperate times; all for an excuse to invade.

df133d0495.jpg

Now to answer the original thread question. I would say the Hollow Earth theory where Nazi's occupy the center of the earth. LOL
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    The whole reptilian humanoid thing is one of the most laughable conspiracies for me. David Icke makes me facepalm myself pretty hard. I've read a lot of stuff regarding these theories and none seem plausible in the slightest. This reptilian interview I read was ridiculous, and was obviously written by a sci-fi fanatic.

The Lacerta Files - http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/the_lacerta_files.htm

Seems pretty convenient for the reptilian not to allow the guy to take photos, and the interviewer didn't even record the interview itself. Anyone can just sit down one day and write a bunch of bullshit on Word.

Fuck this Illuminati/Jay-Z/Lady Gaga shit, too. Wow, he makes triangle signs in his video! He must be Illuminati! It's not a publicity stunt at all!
  • edited July 2010
    Ebola wrote: »
    Personally I think the "Never-landed-on-the-moon" theory is one of the weakest ones, though I have a hard time explaining the camera that pans and follows the spacecraft after take-off, considering the delay in the signal from the cam/moon to Earth and back.

The signal to pan upwards and follow the ship was probably sent before they took off, so that the signal reached the camera at the same time they were taking off.
    Not that I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist, but there is some merit to the argument that 9/11 was planned and executed by America. Especially how a similar plan was presented to JFK in regards to Cuba, which can be easily accessed as the file has since been declassified, which shows at least how the U.S. can act in desperate times; all for an excuse to invade.

df133d0495.jpg

Now to answer the original thread question. I would say the Hollow Earth theory where Nazi's occupy the center of the earth. LOL

Operation Northwoods is the one you're thinking of involving Cuba and JFK. Well documented and available on wikipedia.

The only reason so many conspiracy theories exist is because it's such a fishy situation. Although independent groups of structural engineers around the world say that the collapse was caused by heat and gravity, it (And the events before and after) just seems like a very strange thing to have happened.

EDIT: And I wouldn't put anything past the CIA (Or any other state-intelligence agency).
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    The moon one has been sticking out like a thumb for the past few years. I mean those documentarys made some valid points that many of us never addressed. Now I'm leaning toward the "Yes we did" but at the same time I can't help to notice small things like the fact NO other nation has attempted a moon landing after Russias failure and later Americas "success". It is quite strange. Maybe Brazil, China, India, or Japan can prove those people who are nay sayers wrong.

I honestly don't believe in Reptiles living amongst us (funny to joke about), nor Aliens (green men, tiny big headed white men, etc.). I just think it all sounds hideously stupid. If they were smart enough to fly across the galaxy (or galaxies) to reach us, the chances they landed on earth, much less CRASHED LOL, are miniscule. I mean you're talking about winning the Powerball in your lifetime while the whole world has a ticket. The chance is just not in your favor. I believe aliens in the dictionary term do exist, just not among us. Alien as in something foreign to our culture as Planetary Earthians.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    I believe in all of them, and they are also all bogus. Reality itself is bogus, though, so fuck it. Objective reality is just another dream.

however, irl I will generally argue for these general conspiracies:

9/11 inside job by zionists
    HIV being man made
    moon landing fake
    CIA & the hippie movement
    gnostic black iron prison
    pedophilia in the white house
    holocaust started by & controlled by the zionists in order to establish israel

as well as a few others that aren't on the top of my head
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    bohemian grove

and almost every one is power is corrupt
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    L33tz wrote: »
    bohemian grove

and almost every one is power is corrupt

I don't think anyone single person with power is corrupt, but I do believe power has the tendency to close those with power off from those without.

Looking at the state of the world right now, certain patterns emerge that are consistent with what seems to be a agenda to cause major changes from the world stage to you own backyard.
  • TackzoTackzo Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The New World Order Takeover conspiracies. I think if they wanted to that they would have just done it already.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tackzo wrote: »
    The New World Order Takeover conspiracies. I think if they wanted to that they would have just done it already.

In a sense, they already have way back when Reagan was elected. Wall Street has been running America for the past 30 years and Corporations own elected officials through "donations" and lobby groups.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    so 9/11 was planned by the US and we evolved from monkeys...

Do you guys seriously have your heads on straight?

oh and the holocaust wasn't real.
  • vnorbertovnorberto Acolyte
    edited August 2010

there is more evidence that would lead one to believe that it was an inside job and not a terrorist bombing...

whats your excuse? typical brainwashed ameritard?
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I think a lot of those fringe things we're more false. Just to waste time and distract us from the truth of what is really going on. While we stay subservient to this traitor government that disregards the constitution and hell human rights, for global dominance.
    vnorberto wrote: »

there is more evidence that would lead one to believe that it was an inside job and not a terrorist bombing...

whats your excuse? typical brainwashed ameritard?

It was more that we trained the fucking terrorist groups in our damn country and fucked with them all through the 80's to illicit an attack. To further this damn Totalitarian Homicidal Plutocracy!