Brag!

PigPig Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What are the some of the hardest achievements/challenges you've accomplished?

For example, I have
  • beaten the Nurburgring 24-Hour Endurance Race on Gran Turismo 4.
  • beaten COD4 and MW2 on Veteran Mode (and Spec Ops).
  • beaten World At War on Veteran Mode, which was impossibly frustrating.
  • gotten tenth Prestige in COD4 and MW2, and Brigadier General in Halo 3.

Beat that.

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Beat every Metroid game for every console with 100% items and under the time limit.

That is all.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm.

100% Red dead redemption, almost top rank in multiplayer too, which takes forever.. Oh and I'm in the low hundreds on the leaderboards for the advanced co-op missions :D

Veteran on MW2, partially MW1 and WaW.

Beat Mass effect 1 100% (Every single mission including DLC.. YES even pinnacle station ugh) on Insanity mode.. God that was fucking insane, I may or may not have broken something VERY expensive during it..

Beat the first few levels of Battletoads on SNES with my dad when I was a little kid.. fuck yeah

I'm sure I have more accomplishments than that, I have been gaming my entire life.. but they are the ones fresh in my mind at the moment.. might update this later
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    abusername wrote: »
    Beat Mass effect 1 100% (Every single mission including DLC.. YES even pinnacle station ugh) on Insanity mode.. God that was fucking insane, I may or may not have broken something VERY expensive during it..

that wasnt too hard i thought. the only problem is that it takes 5 minutes to kill a krogan. ME2's insanity was a lot harder.

anyway,
    Perfect dark on dark agent.
    a few goldeneye levels on DLTK difficulty.
    Halo 1,2 and 3 on legendary
    ninja gaiden black and Ninja gaiden 2 on master ninja
    all the challenges on Worms 1
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    RPG fag here...

Got every single Triple Triad card in FF8.
    Beat all the weapons in FF7!
    Completed every single Splinter Cell game with expert (hardest difficulty) on my first try.
    ^ Same goes for all the Hitman games.
    Some other Final Fantasy shit you guys won't be interested in.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Almost beaten Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die mode. (stuck on level 19)
    Beaten every MGS on the hardest difficulty.
    100% on Final Fantasy XII
    100% on Jak & Daxter, Jak II and Jak III
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2010
    Ever game that has ever been released has to be beaten by me before it is allowed to be sold by law.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Got all achievements for Borderlands, and beat Crawmerax with three people.
    Beat all the Halos (except Reach) on Legendary.
    Reach Elite 5 rank in Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
    Beat GH3 on Hard mode, and almost all of Expert (all but the final tier).
    Level 70 in Runescape as a free member.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    Me and my friend managed to run through halo 1 on legendary. We stopped for nothing it was just run and shoot all the way through. We managed to take the wart hog to some crazy places. We actually managed to run through places so fast a few times that the game stopped spawning enemies. It was kind of cool but you had to reload from your last checkpoint as it would not allow you to reach any new check points.

We did have to stop on the second level though to kill all those guys before you get the first wart hog.

I beat mass effect 2 on insanity as an infiltrator...I didn't find it to be too incredibly challenging. Just have to take your time with some of the battles and be creative and frequent with your power usage.

I beat the original fable 10 times. Which is kind of sad really. I fell in love with that game for some reason.

Beat Dragon Age on nightmare. Good God that was some time consuming shit.

I can't think of anything else but I'm sure I've done some other weird/hard shit with video games seeing as I've been playing em forever.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    I rocked the shit out of guitar hero II back in the day on multiple substances.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I beat super smash bro on N64...
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just recently beat Halo 3/ODST on Legendary and earned recon by doing all the vidmaster achievements.. I have quite a few achievs in both games and am trying my very best to get the closest to full gamerscore I can before Reach comes out :)

Pretty proud of this one. I became a Halo nerd overnight, I totally hated the franchise until I had a look at Reach then all of a sudden bam.. I'm in love.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    RPG fag here...

Some other Final Fantasy shit you guys won't be interested in.

I disagree, bro. I'm quite an avid RPG fan.
    Speaking of which, I've recruited every single character in Suikoden Tierkries and Suikoden II, and I've levelled at least 2/3 of my Tierkries characters and purchased them all good weapons and armour.

Unfortunately, you only need 4 good characters to beat the game. So I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't unleash my overpowered army.

Also, I've nearly been through every route in Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor (now doing Yuzu's route, saved the worst for last).

I've EV'd and IV bred an army of awesome Pokemon on Diamond version, I love to rip it up in WiFi.

That's about it.
    For now.
  • edited August 2010
    All acheivments on Killzone 2, (online) ranked number one for a week or some shit. I'll take a pic of the medal or ribbon when I get a chance.
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    COD4 Veteran (Inc. Mile High Club) 1000g - 10th Prestige
    WAW Veteran 1000g
    MW2 Veteran (Inc. Spec Ops) 1000g - 10th Prestige
    120,000 kills across the above games online.
    Gamebattles 2v2 runner up on COD4.

GRID and PGR4 both 1000g

Forza 3: 7th of 29,000 for lap time on Viejo for 3 days, now about 50th, didnt bother trying to get higher again :)
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited September 2010
    I (almost) completely beat New Super Mario Bros. and got all the star coins. I was just missing 2 or 3. I ended up selling that game at gamestop for weed money. :o

I beat all the event matches in Super Smash Bros. Melee. :o

I beat the Tower Tycoon in Pokemon Platinum... :o

I beat all the characters/levels whatever you want to call them in WarioWare: Touched. :thumbsup:

In the Facebook Tetris I have more first place trophies than 2nd or 3rd combined. :D

Yeah I don't achieve much things to brag about in games, but I have fun so I think that's the best achievement.

Edit: I beat Serenade in Megaman Battle Network 3. That was an accomplishment enough, especially getting to him, I can't imagine fighting Serenade SP. :O
    edited September 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    I have fun so I think that's the best achievement.

Indeed, only play if its not a chore.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2010
    I 2uchad a boob!1!!!1!! Omg wtf lol :o:o:o:o:o
    edited September 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    • beaten the Nurburgring 24-Hour Endurance Race on Gran Turismo 4.

Is that thing in real time? :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    I tried doing the 24 hour Le Mans race on GRID, but totally gave up after a few hours. That thing is hell! No pit stops or anything :mad:
    edited September 2010
    My Grandad did the Gran Turismo 24 hour endurance on PS2. No joke, hes nearly 80 aswell.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited September 2010
    Is that thing in real time? :eek:

Yup.

You can do B-Spec mode, which is where the computer drives for you but you maintain its speed and pit stops, and that has accelerated time (up to 3x, so 8 hours). But I did A-Spec the entire way.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    All acheivments on Killzone 2, (online) ranked number one for a week or some shit. I'll take a pic of the medal or ribbon when I get a chance.

Did you manage to get the platinum trophy? Its supposed to be one of the PS3s hardest. I've still got heaps to go :sad: The damn 1% of all players is crazy hard to get. I keep getting top 4% or something.

The hardest challenge for me was acing (not dieing) all the levels in LittleBigPlanet :o Some of them I had to play through literally over 100 times. I'm still two trophies off getting the platinum for that game.
    edited September 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Yup.

You can do B-Spec mode, which is where the computer drives for you but you maintain its speed and pit stops, and that has accelerated time (up to 3x, so 8 hours). But I did A-Spec the entire way.

That's crazy, I can't imagine getting to 23 hours and then losing. I would probably break the game.
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    That's crazy, I can't imagine getting to 23 hours and then losing. I would probably break the game.

Due to the nature of car racing it becomes quickly apparent whether you can win the race. At least, in video games. In real life they need to worry about overall endurance of the car and drivers.

Games, your cars don't break (cept the tires) and if you're ahead, you just keep getting more and more ahead. 20 laps up, and you don't need to worry.
  • edited October 2010
    Racing games become seriously easy when you get far ahead of the pack. As long as you don't crash, you're home free.

Sometimes I get so bored of being in front that I'll pull a huge handbrake turn and drive the wrong way for a little while :D
    edited October 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Racing games become seriously easy when you get far ahead of the pack. As long as you don't crash, you're home free.

QFT. I wish they would implement a feature where if your ahead, they just stay on your tail and attempt overtakes until the end.
  • edited October 2010
    QFT. I wish they would implement a feature where if your ahead, they just stay on your tail and attempt overtakes until the end.

Certain games have this. It's called "catchup", but I forget which games it's in. Possibly the Burnout series. GRID is a good game for being realistic with the speed of the other cars, but again - its easy get ahead after racing for a long time.
    edited October 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Certain games have this. It's called "catchup", but I forget which games it's in. Possibly the Burnout series. GRID is a good game for being realistic with the speed of the other cars, but again - its easy get ahead after racing for a long time.

Yeah I found GRID really easy, both online and offline. I have like 2000 races and 1000 wins online with a ton of podiums that do not show on your stats :(
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010

By the end of the game, I was in first place by about 90 minutes.

And yeah, rubberband AI (catch-up) isn't necessarily great, but companies like EA implement it so that little kids aren't bitching about how hard the game is. Because the computer might be able to catch up to you, but on the other hand, if you're in last place then the cars all slow down. Case in point: every Need for Speed.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited October 2010
    Beat MW2 on Veteran
    Have one level left on Halo: Reach to beat on Legendary, which I did with a friend anyway. Level 5 I think?
    Beat Ruby Weapon on FF7 but couldn't ever beat Emerald...fail sorta
    Beat Ultima Weapon on FF8 with only Squall and no invincibility items...can't think of what they're called...
    Also beat nearly all of the Guitar Hero games on Expert.
    Beat the Rock Band Vocal Career on Expert as well
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited October 2010
    Rolf would list the games Rolf has conquered on the highest difficulty, however, there is a character limit on this internets and such a list would destroy said internets, for Rolf, good this would be not, states Rolf.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010
    Rolf wrote: »
    Rolf would list the games Rolf has conquered on the highest difficulty, however, there is a character limit on this internets and such a list would destroy said internets, for Rolf, good this would be not, states Rolf.

Touché. I like the character limit part.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    I got 7,387ft in kitten cannon.