Dox Poll

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
1. Remove all PI (personal info) no matter who it is
2. Remove all totse members PI
3. Remove sensitive PI from non-totse members and remove all PI from totse members
4. Remove sensitive PI from non-totse members and totse members

This poll is public. Vote to decide on how Totse will handle dox.
PI means any and all, including facebook links, etc.
Sensitive PI means bank account, SSN, etc.

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2010
    ... Where is the ballot box?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    3 sounds the best.
  • edited October 2010
    Logged in to vote for this :D 3.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    Option 3 sounds like it could have too many loopholes. Some people may class certain things as sensitive PI while others may not.

Option 2 looks straightforward and also enables us to blackmail people into signing up :thumbsup:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    The idea is that we classify specific things as "sensitive": CC#, SSN, bank info, etc. We'll have a specific list, and only the things on that list will count as sensitive.

Any PI means everything: facebook, myspace, whatever. Any personal info at all.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I voted for the second one. It's not our job to safeguard other websites.
  • OndOnd Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    Two.
    All day baby.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    Whats stopping that jewniggerkikecracka zok from registering here and posting once? Is he exempt?

I'm personally against all forms of Dox; I would never do it myself for a number of reasons; but I can certainly see how it is a necessary evil and it really does serve a purpose - it's hard to turn into an e-character like a few over at you know where when it's entirely plausible for some pissed off middle aged guy to spend a weekend googling your shit and plastering it on the internet. I think it keeps people in check; aside from lulz I don't think theres any reason to dox the innocent.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited October 2010
    3 seems like the best option to me.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited October 2010
    Voted two on the basis that the person is or at one point was a regular poster. Otherwise put my vote at not removing any info.