things you can learn from nature

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I learned to use a high vantage point from cats. Cats like to go to the highest possible point to observe everything for possible prey/threats. I use this in my day to day life also, it makes me feel at ease. If you doubt me you can ask dfg as a high vantage point is also a good place to ambush people.:o:o:o

Now post things you lernd from nature.

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait did I miss something? is getdrunkfindagun, brandon??
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I learned the anatomy and inner workings of many animals Ive shot.:o:o It smells bad but it's pretty interesting to see what goes on inside a bird deer or squirrel. Mostly birds because thats all thats usually around.
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    I learned to track things by smell. NOT like a dog. Like a WOLF!:o:o:o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Eagle eye.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    I have a 12month old carpet python in a 3ft enclosure next to my desk. I've had it since it was about a month old and I fed it for the first time so I've witnessed a lot of development and instinct in play; I originally bought it because It was badass and it's mother is 9ft but I now keep and care for it because I truly appreciate the animal. I've learn a lot studying it's behaviour and I think it has taught me a few good lessons:

Never show fear/weakness
    Reserve action until the final moments
    Calculate everything
    and never, ever, blink.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2010
    I learned man is superior to all other creatures because we aren't the ones in cages.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    Nature taught me about dmt
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited October 2010
    From living around cats my whole life, I got better reflexes. But it also means I wash myself with my tongue...... :o

Also from observing nature, and from an idea my friend gave me, I have learned that all living things have the same basic instincts, hunger/thirst, need to reproduce, and fear. And all of those are driven by the will to live, which all living things have. So you can see that if we continue to take away those basic needs from any living thing, they will find ways to take them back over time, whether it's forcibly or not.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    My old cat taught me that if I stay still enough, I will become invisible.