people with tattoos

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
do you ever regret getting them? it seems like i know a lot of people with dumb tattoos but they never regret it, wtf

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Anyone who inks themselves is a 'tard.

There's no justification for it, unless it's required to let you live or something.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Get a Mayberry tattoo, and me lub j00 long tiem :o:o:o
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    I knew a girl with a tattoo of England on her arm. I was like wtf??? Tattoos are retarded unless you want to make a living from being a freak like the lizard man.
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't regret any tattoos or scarification I've done on myself (And yes, the scarification was symbols, not like emo cutting, except in one incident that I hated having the swastika on me and I wanted to prove I wasn't like that anymore.... :o ).

Even though I don't really like having the swastikas on my arms, I don't worry too much because it was part of my history as a teenager, and I know exactly what was happening with me and people I knew around that time.

The one directly after that was one above my right knee, I definitely don't regret that one, it serves as a constant reminder, unfortunately I see it mostly when I'm sitting on the toilet. :S

Then after that was suppose to be another tattoo, but I used the sowing needle with pen ink method, and I did it in a spot that gets a lot of sun exposure, so it faded quickly. It was the anarchy symbol, not exactly sure why I liked it so much but I probably still had a lot of hate in me from coming out about being a pedophile, and also anger towards the whole situation from when I got arrested. But, when I made the "tattoo" on myself, it was shortly after talking to this woman about anarchy, and she told me her idea of anarchy is self-mastery. I guess I thought I had mastered myself then, but looking back, I don't think so. I think I am on the road to mastering myself now though.

Then I tried to do the "G-logo" a couple times with the same needle method, however I didn't realize you were supposed to poke it not drag it through the skin. :o So it didn't stay long, but you can still see the scar. I thought about getting a real tattoo of it done by an actual tattoo artist, but I decided I don't really need to and I don't feel like spending the money on it, as I already wear plenty of stuff that has the G-logo or is just pink and blue, so it doesn't matter.

And the last one is the "7:12", which actually has a really obvious meaning if you think about it, good luck figuring it out though. :P

So yep, the only ones that still have visible traces of ink are the one above my right knee, and the "7:12" one, probably because they aren't exposed to much sunlight, and because I did the "7:12" one the proper way.
    edited October 2010
    7 days 12 am to pm?
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    7 days 12 am to pm?

Alphabet soup......... :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    I don't regret any tattoos or scarification I've done on myself (And yes, the scarification was symbols, not like emo cutting, except in one incident that I hated having the swastika on me and I wanted to prove I wasn't like that anymore.... :o ).

Even though I don't really like having the swastikas on my arms, I don't worry too much because it was part of my history as a teenager, and I know exactly what was happening with me and people I knew around that time.

The one directly after that was one above my right knee, I definitely don't regret that one, it serves as a constant reminder, unfortunately I see it mostly when I'm sitting on the toilet. :S

Then after that was suppose to be another tattoo, but I used the sowing needle with pen ink method, and I did it in a spot that gets a lot of sun exposure, so it faded quickly. It was the anarchy symbol, not exactly sure why I liked it so much but I probably still had a lot of hate in me from coming out about being a pedophile, and also anger towards the whole situation from when I got arrested. But, when I made the "tattoo" on myself, it was shortly after talking to this woman about anarchy, and she told me her idea of anarchy is self-mastery. I guess I thought I had mastered myself then, but looking back, I don't think so. I think I am on the road to mastering myself now though.

Then I tried to do the "G-logo" a couple times with the same needle method, however I didn't realize you were supposed to poke it not drag it through the skin. :o So it didn't stay long, but you can still see the scar. I thought about getting a real tattoo of it done by an actual tattoo artist, but I decided I don't really need to and I don't feel like spending the money on it, as I already wear plenty of stuff that has the G-logo or is just pink and blue, so it doesn't matter.

And the last one is the "7:12", which actually has a really obvious meaning if you think about it, good luck figuring it out though. :P

So yep, the only ones that still have visible traces of ink are the one above my right knee, and the "7:12" one, probably because they aren't exposed to much sunlight, and because I did the "7:12" one the proper way.

First off doing your own tattoos is retarded and an Anarchy sign just makes it more retarded.
    edited October 2010
    First off doing your own tattoos is retarded and an Anarchy sign just makes it more retarded.

First off, have fun wasting unnecessary money, which you probably do daily and is the reason for a lot of your troubles that you take out on other people. Second off, yes, it would appear retarded to people that don't know my personal meaning behind it, but I don't care much about my image anyway.

And besides, it's fun to do it yourself, as it takes more skill and patience that way, which means there was more work behind it.
    edited October 2010
    First off, have fun wasting unnecessary money, which you probably do daily and is the reason for a lot of your troubles that you take out on other people. Second off, yes, it would appear retarded to people that don't know my personal meaning behind it, but I don't care much about my image anyway.

And besides, it's fun to do it yourself, as it takes more skill and patience that way, which means there was more work behind it.

No it makes you look like stupid. I dont care what your personal meaning is when I see a anarchy tattoo especially a shitty one I picture a pissed off rebellious highschooler who will probably grow out of it. The reason people pay for tattoo's is because they don't want to look either stupid or like a convict.
    edited October 2010
    lol @ anarchy tattoo. Getting an anarchy tattoo is pretty much the opposite of what anarchy is about :facepalm:
    edited October 2010
    No it makes you look like stupid. I dont care what your personal meaning is when I see a anarchy tattoo especially a shitty one I picture a pissed off rebellious highschooler who will probably grow out of it. The reason people pay for tattoo's is because they don't want to look either stupid or like a convict.

Cool, then maybe if people think I am stupid, it would be easier to get into their heads. :P

So you're saying if I paid for a well done anarchy tattoo, it would be better? :rolleyes:

Why am I even bothering to argue with you, it doesn't matter to me. :o
    edited October 2010
    Cool, then maybe if people think I am stupid, it would be easier to get into their heads. :P

So you're saying if I paid for a well done anarchy tattoo, it would be better? :rolleyes:

Why am I even bothering to argue with you, it doesn't matter to me. :o

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. The reason people pay is because professionals do a better job at it. I would say it's still retarded to get an Anarchy tattoo. I wouldn't get a swastika tat because I prefer not to wear my politics on my skin and I'd like to get a reasonable job beyond the fast food industry.
    edited October 2010
    Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. The reason people pay is because professionals do a better job at it. I would say it's still retarded to get an Anarchy tattoo. I wouldn't get a swastika tat because I prefer not to wear my politics on my skin and I'd like to get a reasonable job beyond the fast food industry.

You do realize if you had a visible swastika you'd never get hired, right? You'd have to cover it up to work anywhere outside of a nazi reunion catering service.
    edited October 2010
    You do realize if you had a visible swastika you'd never get hired, right? You'd have to cover it up to work anywhere outside of a nazi reunion catering service.

Exactly why I dont where my politics on my skin like Mcskluvin does.
    edited October 2010
    You could start your own Nazi catering service, though :o
    edited October 2010
    You could start your own Nazi catering service, though :o

It would make for very lulzy advertising.
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't get a swastika tat because I prefer not to wear my politics on my skin and I'd like to get a reasonable job beyond the fast food industry.

Unless you are afraid of what would happen if you did. :o
    Exactly why I dont where my politics on my skin like Mcskluvin does.

I don't, unless you count pedophilia as politics. In a way it could be a political party, one that cares mostly about kids.

But the reason I don't believe in anarchy as a "political" thing is that anarchy may work for a while before structure (Both physical structures and structures of society) is built, and for a while after structures fall apart, but it is much easier to work with existing structures and improve them than to attempt to tear them down.

Even if you destroy a society, the physical structures will remain with the ideas behind them, and the ideas of the people who built the structures will still remain behind, even if it's only echoes. And if you destroy the physical structures, the society will remain to build them again.

If you try to destroy both, there are too many people who don't want their structures to fall apart, and it is not worth it, especially when that societies influence leaked into surrounding structures and societies, and they would most likely not just stand around as their neighbors were attacked.

This can probably be seen in small and large scales, so go learn some history if you think this is bullshit.

I can't believe I got sucked back into this conversation. :o
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited October 2010
    I only know one person that regretted her tat. She got a hummingbird on her ass cheek when she was 16. :facepalm:

Guys will full arm sleeves are yummy.
    edited October 2010
    Unless you are afraid of what would happen if you did. :o

I don't, unless you count pedophilia as politics. In a way it could be a political party, one that cares mostly about kids.

But the reason I don't believe in anarchy as a "political" thing is that anarchy may work for a while before structure (Both physical structures and structures of society) is built, and for a while after structures fall apart, but it is much easier to work with existing structures and improve them than to attempt to tear them down.

Even if you destroy a society, the physical structures will remain with the ideas behind them, and the ideas of the people who built the structures will still remain behind, even if it's only echoes. And if you destroy the physical structures, the society will remain to build them again.

If you try to destroy both, there are too many people who don't want their structures to fall apart, and it is not worth it, especially when that societies influence leaked into surrounding structures and societies, and they would most likely not just stand around as their neighbors were attacked.

This can probably be seen in small and large scales, so go learn some history if you think this is bullshit.

I can't believe I got sucked back into this conversation. :o

Anarchy is me raping and killing your mom with no fear of legal consequence. And since theres no government I would have no fear of this so I would just do whatever I wanted. You can go on about how people would evolve into it or capitalism is the cause of crime all you want but that's false. Capitalism has no bearing on my decision to rape or kill you if Anarchy came. Me and others like me are why Anarchy would fail. I'd also make an attempt to seize power and generally exploit the lack of law to my benefit. I know my history like you couldnt believe and the closest to Anarchy was the paris commune and we all know how long that lasted. Some tribes were close but they inevitably got conquered by outside forces as they deserved.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't get a tattoo because I fear the removal process. An ND:YAG laser blowing off bits of skin? Nothankyou.
    edited October 2010
    anarchy.... I picture a pissed off rebellious highschooler who will probably grow out of it.
    Anarchy is me raping and killing your mom with no fear of legal consequence.

That's lulzy, are you in highschool or something? lol

The whole world would have to be in a state of anarchy for you to do something without any consequence, legal or not. I guess you just can't get the big picture at all, because your stuck in your own little world......

And besides, all this talk of how you would do this or that, you have no political power whatsoever, which is the same reason why both of us are arguing on this forum. Have fun with that. :P
    edited October 2010
    I don't get a tattoo because I fear the removal process. An ND:YAG laser blowing off bits of skin? Nothankyou.

That's for pussies. I use a Wicked Lasers S3 Spyder III Arctic 1w 445nm Arctic Blue laser to remove my tats.
    edited October 2010
    That's lulzy, are you in highschool or something? :lol:

The whole world would have to be in a state of anarchy for you to do something without any consequence, legal or not. I guess you just can't get the big picture at all, because your stuck in your own little world......

And besides, all this talk of how you would do this or that, you have no political power whatsoever, which is the same reason why both of us are arguing on this forum. Have fun with that. :P

Do you realize how many people would take advantage of having no laws? Just look at any place where a disaster occurs like katrina and theres riots and looting and thats just local government. The big picture is this will never happen it's a retarded ideology. Let's say someone murders a person. Then what you have fucking mob justice killing an innocent person while the real killer slips away. Nobody fears a bunch of citizens who dont have the skill to track down the actual criminal. No I'm not in highschool by the way but I should probably ask that question to the asswipe advocating Anarchy which is even stupider than communism. Just answer the question if there was no law what the fuck would you do about it If I did kill your family? I always here Anarchists say Indians were anarchy? look what happened they got crushed and conquered which is what would rightfully happen to any weak ass anarchist society.

Edit: Every Anarchist Ive ever met was nothing more than a rich white guy still in highschool who had a very sheltered life and wants to rebel by saying there an anarchist while giving no thought to how it would actually fail miserably. Without government people devolve back into fucking animals and will kill each other over 10 bucks. Grow up Anarchy would be more than just you getting to smoke pot and graffiti a place.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    That's for pussies. I use a Wicked Lasers S3 Spyder III Arctic 1w 445nm Arctic Blue laser to remove my tats.

A YAG laser is much more powerful, the pulses are thousands of watts. You're not going to blow off skin with a 1W diode.
    edited October 2010
    Um, the native american populations all had government. In Mexico there was an Empire. Same in South America. The only places that didn't have empire were the small islands. Even what is now the US had the league of nations and other affiliations between indigenous tribes.
    edited October 2010
    A YAG laser is much more powerful, the pulses are thousands of watts. You're not going to blow off skin with a 1W diode.

I wanted to be lulzy :(
    edited October 2010
    Um, the native american populations all had government. In Mexico there was an Empire. Same in South America. The only places that didn't have empire were the small islands. Even what is now the US had the league of nations and other affiliations between indigenous tribes.

I know this but stupid anarchists dont realize this. Im referring more to the smaller tribes of North America and those Islands you speak of. Anarchy has never existed but it's the closest it came to it with no central unity and every tribe for themselves. Anarchy like communism looks great on paper but in reality would fail so hard only a retard could agree with it.
    edited October 2010
    to the asswipe advocating Anarchy

:facepalm:

Go back and read this whole thread, then write an essay explaining my opinion. Otherwise you fail this class. :mad:
    edited October 2010
    :facepalm:

Go back and read this whole thread, then write an essay explaining my opinion. Otherwise you fail this class. :mad:

No I know what your arguments are. i know all about Anarchy Ive read the opinions of most Anarchist thinkers through out history and there way to Idealistic. You on the other hand strike me as a retarded youth trying to rebel who's good at regurgitating what smarter people said while ignoring anything that dosnt fit your world view. Answer the arguments Ive laid out or shut the fuck up.
    edited October 2010
    ^ I agree with the white supremacist.
    edited October 2010
    No I know what your arguments are. i know all about Anarchy Ive read the opinions of most Anarchist thinkers through out history and there way to Idealistic. You on the other hand strike me as a retarded youth trying to rebel who's good at regurgitating what smarter people said while ignoring anything that dosnt fit your world view. Answer the arguments Ive laid out or shut the fuck up.

You've failed, I will be calling up your parents tomorrow. :mad:

But really, I've already said I don't think anarchy works, that should tell you right there that I don't follow whatever ideas that are behind it.

And actually, I have not read much philosophy or anything on political stuff, so whatever comes from my head is the product of that cloud of thoughts in there, as is whatever anybody's thoughts are. So in short, you can keep arguing, but it will do no good for either of us. :o
    edited October 2010

But really, I've already said I don't think anarchy works, that should tell you right there that I don't follow whatever ideas that are behind it.

And actually, I have not read much philosophy or anything on political stuff, so whatever comes from my head is the product of that cloud of thoughts in there, as is whatever anybody's thoughts are. So in short, you can keep arguing, but it will do no good for either of us. :o

So if you know it doesn't work why did you defend it?
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited October 2010

I just have to say that you're not alone. You're never going to get anywhere with this discussion man
  • edited October 2010
    I am going to spend some of my bonus money on my first tattoo, I am going to get the ship from "2001" done on my back. But first, a very small, classic "mom" heart with scroll, on my arm to test my skin for scarring. I have some scars that started as something very small but for some reason became big scars that never went away. Advice is welcome.
    C/O
    "tattoo, you?"
  • edited October 2010
    I am going to spend some of my bonus money on my first tattoo, I am going to get the ship from "2001" done on my back. But first, a very small, classic "mom" heart with scroll, on my arm to test my skin for scarring. I have some scars that started as something very small but for some reason became big scars that never went away. Advice is welcome.
    C/O
    "tattoo, you?"

I would definitely say avoid it, tattoos are really cool for about a month then they're just there, and then they're just ugly years later. Unless you want to get something that has a real emotional meaning.
    edited October 2010
    All tattoos need to be "serviced" every few years. Especially as you age, the ink will fade and skin will stretch. The ink also discolors and breaks down if exposed to UV, and also might lead to cancer, although no definitive study has yet been done on it. If you get tattoos, know that colors other than black tend to fade and discolor more quickly.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm really into tattoos with lots of complex shading and detail - I've never really liked colour. A guy in a few courses I'm in at the moment has his entire left arm covered in some seriously cool shit which has gotten me thinking ..
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I have 2 and I quite like them as I have yet to see anyone with either of them. Just don't get generic retarded ones.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    Not quite sure whether I'll get one...

Some idiot got 'Lega Pastra Nostra' (Legion is our family) tatooed on himself before joining the Legion, then left a few months after. jhahahahaa.
    edited October 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    Not quite sure whether I'll get one...

Some idiot got 'Lega Pastra Nostra' (Legion is our family) tatooed on himself before joining the Legion, then left a few months after. jhahahahaa.

Lego Pasta Nostril.........