Firefights let home burn to the ground over $75

2»

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited October 2010
    i would have thought the fire brigade would still take out that fire, if only to prevent the fire from spreading to the paying neighbours
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    You have to pay for the fire department to put out fires?. Fuck here the cost is covered by the social welfare system. the only things not covered are ambulances and dental care
  • edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    This. Billing people would be a deterrent too. If you don't pay the 75 bucks and they come out, they bill you 2000. That would make people pay, be sensible and still cover their expenses. Their rationale was pretty stupid. "omg no one will pay the small fee!!!" The dumbfucks fail at capitalism because they could've made mad profits by fining the dude :facepalm:
    This makes sense. If they bill the guy something like $5,000 he'll never forget the $75 fine again. Too bad the fire department can't just write up a bill, it has to be done by law.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    That would've solved the issue. Any dumbfuck who doesn't pay gets assraped by a big fine if there's a fire. They'd be grateful to pay $5000 to avoid losing $100,000 or more worth of stuff and they'd always pay $75 in the future to avoid that $5000.
  • edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That would've solved the issue. Any dumbfuck who doesn't pay gets assraped by a big fine if there's a fire. They'd be grateful to pay $5000 to avoid losing $100,000 or more worth of stuff and they'd always pay $75 in the future to avoid that $5000.

Too bad IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. A fire department can't just write up a bill of its choosing whenever there's a fire outside its jurisdiction, such a bill would have to be required by law, because it's a public service and not a business. In this case they did the right albeit dickish thing.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Dur. I'm saying it would have made more sense if that were the law.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited October 2010
    They would have me on murder charges. I can see the fucking fire department from my front porch. I would Molotov the whole place and stab anyone who ran outside.