Worse living through chemistry

GumboGumbo Regular
edited October 2010 in Man Cave
Had my first really bad night smoking too much weed. Started worrying about old relationship problems (like four months back) and got super fucked up about it. Felt REALLY bad all the next day, but today I feel fine. Honestly, I was freaking out about nothing. Like, the drama is all over long ago. :confused:

Comments

• stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    how much weed u be smoking, son?
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    I dunno. Couple of joints? Shouldn't have been THAT much.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited October 2010
    Smoke more weed.
  • edited October 2010
    This is called "the fear", and is one of the main reasons I limit myself to a few tokes when I smoke. The fear, is a nameless sense of unease, unwanted introspection into aspects of your life you have put behind you, or sometimes just a downright nut clenching paranoia. I hate the fear. Booze helps, but smoking a lot when drinking sometimes lands even a heavyweight like me laying on the bathroom floor with a case of the spins. Get your tolerance down a bit, and smoke a little less at a time, one good bong hit usually does me pretty good.
    C/O
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    Aye-aye, thanks for the infos culinary.

Man, so near my place there's this decent-sized wilderness surrounded on all sides by neighbourhood, but still close enough to the wilds for lots of big stuff to come wandering in. There's traintracks running through it, and the remnants of a long lost through road. Trails galore, derelict, rotten tree houses and mountain bike ramps abandoned years before. I went walking around in there, in the near pitch darkness a few weeks back, on a friday night. Smoked a huge bowl.

I swear to god I was a fuckin ninja. One with the night, baby. Running around on these moonlit game trails, divin' behind trees when I heard small groups of late night walkers, gangsters, and drunk natives just out after last call, etc. I could hear EVERYTHING! People 30 or 40 feet away sounded like bears crashing around. Scary as shit, but I had so much fun.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited October 2010
    The cannabis plant has shown you not all is right in yr world, it's up to you to fix it.
  • edited October 2010
    I get "the fear" when smoking. It's why I don't do it much at all. In fact the last time I toked a bowl was like... months ago.
  • Hellz-FuryHellz-Fury Regular
    edited October 2010
    This should go away after you are more experienced, I had it a few times when I started smoking. It was like panic attacks and then I would puke and feel a little better.
  • Hellz-FuryHellz-Fury Regular
    edited October 2010
    ^I puked only once back when i first started smoking. I was lighting up a really milky bong rip and i took it all and coughed until i puked my guts out. I was laughing my ass off the whole time :p

Mine was like, I got really fucking high and started freaking out then puked in the trashcan I had ready cause I knew it was going to happen.
  • edited October 2010
    The cannabis plant has shown you not all is right in y'r world; it's up to you to fix it.

Much agreed, holmes. Much agreed.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    ^^ actually really good advice. I've had a fairly extensive history with cannabis and at the moment I'll smoke before meals (a lot of meals - It's 5:03am and I'm awake only to post shit here, smoke pot and break fast before going back to sleep) and I've found that since I've gotten entirely happy with myself in regards to other aspects of my life; my education, my fitness, my relationships and so forth, a lot of the negative associations i had with excess marijuana use dissolved - It really is you who change, marijuana will always be the catalyst. I guess you can prove against this, but be honest with yourself next time you are smoking, only smoke what you think you need/comfortable with and smoke for the right reasons - hope this helps :thumbsup:
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, alright. So, lately I've been having some severe nausea that I feel was brought on by excess weed intake. I decided to try out some other options, and found that I may have been swallowing smoke ( I get the burps really bad after a bowl.)

So I made a gravity bong! My lungs didn't hurt, I didn't cough once, and I don't feel anywhere near as sick as I usually do after getting ripped and playing video games.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    If you smoke alone, pack your bowls smaller and use a match to slowly roast the cherry, if you can't finish the bowl in one inhalation and you need to relight you are packing it too big. Take it slow and build up really, you shouldn't force anything other then air into your lungs so in regards to bongs especially, take it slow and easy and stop if you ever feel pain or discomfort. Theres nothing stopping you from repeating the process as many times as you wish, just make sure you are inhaling and exhaling comfortably because a bad habit is hard to break and a lot of my friends now have respiratory issues (possibly permanent) and I saw a lot of them smoke bud for their first time so I've seen the progression.

If you are swallowing smoke, you most certainly are doing it wrong.. be more chill about it and slowing inhail, slowly exhail, it really is that simple - don't swallow; if you do force yourself to burp otherwise your in for a few good minutes of discomfort.