Fuckyou firefox

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I normally choose what updates I want installed and the only updates that were held back were my ff ones. Why? Because I was MF happy with the previous & I knew it would fuck something up. I held back that update for at least a couple of months. It was all good and life was grand, until I thought, "Fuck It! Let's see what firefox has to offer" DoH! flv doesn't work for me no more. :facepalm:
Now they want me to upgrade my fuckin adobe flash player to 10...I already have 10 you dumb fuck, fuck nut, fucked up, fucktards.
I don't have any issues watching vids or playing flash games with Midori and if it wasn't for the "Web Developer" plugin....I'd be committed to Midori.
Oh Yeah!...It also has more lag than a lada on blocks.:thumbsdown:
Sure I can fix this...But that's not the point.
Fuckyou firefox!:angry: You don't deserve a capital in your name

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    I can watch FLV fine with 4.0b6.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    I have no problems :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Switch to google chrome. I did and haven't regretted it and I was a loyal firefox user for years.
  • edited October 2010
    Switch to google chrome. I did and haven't regretted it and I was a loyal firefox user for years.

Likewise, because I just use a crappy netbook the extra screen space really helps. I have had to beef up my virus protection though, and sitting through a pre-boot scan is a pain in the ass.
    edited October 2010
    I don't use virus protection. It slows down your PC more than a virus. When I do end up getting a virus (maybe twice a year) I'm competent enough to fix it myself.
  • edited October 2010
    I just switched to Chrome because Firefox was getting annoying. Haven't really looked back, even if all my browsing habits are being related to Google every day... Oh well :P
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited October 2010
    I never really have any major problems with Firefox.
    Try reinstalling it or stuff, a quick google should be able to solve your problems with no time.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Hahaah, the joys of Linux :p.

Just Install Adobe Player 10.1 manually and it will work.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2010
    Chromium looks like the best solution for browser under linux.

I got the same error when i installed the newly revived beta 64bit version of flash.
  • edited October 2010
    Whats the difference between Chrome and Chromium?
  • edited October 2010
    I don't use virus protection. It slows down your PC more than a virus. When I do end up getting a virus (maybe twice a year) I'm competent enough to fix it myself.

But perhaps you also don't go questing for "Japanese Upskirt Shots", or similar questionable sites. I crashed this baby 4 hours after I bought it. I use avast and ad-aware, the combo seems to keep most nasties at bay, and is free. If you don't have antivirus software how do you identify the files to delete?

Also, regarding linux, is it possible to use an sd. card as the boot disk if I change my bios? I have no optical drive so this is the only way I can think of making a linux boot image.

C/O
    "remember kids, the dotted line goes with the square solder"
  • edited October 2010
    I believe you can actually use an SD card to boot Linux from. You can also use a USB stick, if you have one of those :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Chrome and Chromium?

nothing. chromium is the unbranded version of google chrome, it doesn't contain copyrighted trademarks and such. linux distros can freely redistribute it.

technically, it's the development version of 'google chrome' - the stable versions of chromium become 'google chrome' and linux vendors distribute these stable unbranded versions.
  • edited October 2010
    I got yer USB stick right here.:p
    Thanks, I am going to investigate further.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    I'm still on 3.6.8 on OS X.

They won't roll the .10 update for the mac and I'm hesitant to download the beta.
    edited October 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    hesitant to download the beta.

I've been having no problems with the beta.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    I'm having no issues with Midori.
    Fuck the "Web Developer" plugin,
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2010
    I've come to realize that ever since Microsoft's Internet Explorer came to the scene and dethroned Netscape as being the near sole browser of the Internet that you're fucked regardless of which browser you use. No longer is there a one-browser standard on the Internet. I've used nearly every browser out there at least once and found there is always at least 1% of sites that will have issues with it eventually. I solely blame Microsoft in blowing off web standards and doing their own thang for causing this. Standards and features are all over the place to the point you have browsers like Firefox with only a 24% market share or less setting standards for other websites being built, as in they don't function correctly on Internet Explorer but will function perfect on Firefox. My college is a prime example that openly tells students that Firefox is the only supported browser by the college and everything else "might work".
    edited October 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I've come to realize that ever since Microsoft's Internet Explorer came to the scene and dethroned Netscape as being the near sole browser of the Internet that you're fucked regardless of which browser you use. No longer is there a one-browser standard on the Internet. I've used nearly every browser out there at least once and found there is always at least 1% of sites that will have issues with it eventually. I solely blame Microsoft in blowing off web standards and doing their own thang for causing this. Standards and features are all over the place to the point you have browsers like Firefox with only a 24% market share or less setting standards for other websites being built, as in they don't function correctly on Internet Explorer but will function perfect on Firefox. My college is a prime example that openly tells students that Firefox is the only supported browser by the college and everything else "might work".
    Imagine the epicness if we dos'd Microsoft with some help from all the other forums including zoklet and the chans. heh!
    Now shit would put us on teh map.:D
  • edited October 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Imagine the epicness if we dos'd Microsoft with some help from all the other forums including zoklet and the chans. heh!
    Now shit would put us on teh map.:D

This man calls upon us to inspire the wrath of gods. Whatever, my computer only cost $250.
    C/O
    "Odysseus, you little fuck, I'm going to.... argggggggggggg"
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Chrome sucks balls. It doesn't have addons like noscript or adblockplus and it stores tons of shit in its cache, including lots of tracking cookies and other spyware. My FF deletes everything each time I close the browser, and it's a lot safer thanks to noscript. It's less annoying than chrome because I don't see ads anywhere. Overall I don't see why people bitch about FF so much. It's a hell of a lot better than IE and it's still better than Chrome.
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Chrome sucks balls. It doesn't have addons like noscript or adblockplus and it stores tons of shit in its cache, including lots of tracking cookies and other spyware. My FF deletes everything each time I close the browser, and it's a lot safer thanks to noscript. It's less annoying than chrome because I don't see ads anywhere. Overall I don't see why people bitch about FF so much. It's a hell of a lot better than IE and it's still better than Chrome.
    ff was ok! It was my own mistake for updating it. In ubuntu 9.10 you could pretty much go back to 3.0, 3.5 in syaptic if you wanted. However ff and ubuntu has fucked that all up by putting it's dumbassed upgrade to all the previous versions in syaptic.No more earlier versions. :(
    • 3.0 - 3.6.1 upgrade
    • 3.5 - 3.6.1 upgrade
    I don't like chrome either. Thanks for the suggestion though guys! It's just not me.:( It's speed is ok but I like a browser that I can rape into shape....Has it even got an "about:config" like ff or opera?

Opera is ff dressed in drag. pass on that....
    I'll just use Midori until I find something I like....Thanks:thumbsup: