Properly Wear a Condom

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
How to properly wear a condom

condom-application.gif

how%20to%20wear%20condom.jpg

A lot of guys don't realize that there are two main reasons why a condom will break: friction, and putting it on wrong. Friction is easy enough to counter: only wear 1 condom at a time (never "double bag" it) and always make sure the girl is wet. Use lube if she's not.

The second reason condoms break is due to ignorance, impatience, or inexperience. This can be countered very easily.

Before you put on a condom: Make sure it has not expired. Condoms must always be kept out of direct sunlight and at room temperature. Storing them in hot or cold environments causes the latex to weaken or even develop tears, so you must not use condoms that have been stored improperly. Condoms that have expired are weaker due to their age and are likely to break.

How to put on a condom:
1. Get hard. Do not ever try to put a condom on while flaccid. It will not work, and if you are not totally erect, air pockets can form in the condom, which can cause it to break.

2. Gently open the condom package. Do not tear with your teeth or try to puncture it with scissors, a knife, or any other cutting instrument. Always use your hands to open the condom foil packet.

3. Figure out which part of the condom is the inside and which is the outside. Do not ever put on a condom inside out. The lubrication is on the outside, meaning if you wear it on the inside you will be creating more friction, which will result in the condom being more likely to break.

4. Gently pinch the tip of the condom, and then start to roll it down. You pinch the tip to make sure there is no air bubble inside the tip. The reason for the "reservoir tip" feature in condoms is to create a space for the semen to go during ejaculation. If your condom has a reservoir tip: gently pinch it. Most condoms will have this feature. If your condom does not, leave a very small amount of space at the end of the condom, pinch the tip, and then begin to roll it down.

5. Roll the condom completely down the shaft. Do not roll it halfway down because it "feels better." Doing so can cause the condom to slip off during sex, and you risk getting STIs.

6. You need to stay hard while putting on the condom, so practice until you can do it by feel in the dark. You get bonus points if you can do it one-handed. Some condoms, like the Durex Love condom, are designed for one-handed application.

7. Have sex.

8. As soon as you ejaculate, gently grab the base of the condom and hold it while you pull out. This will prevent the condom from slipping off.

9. Throw the condom in the trash. Do not ever flush it down the toilet because doing so can clog your septic system. Condoms are not septic safe, so throw them in the trash.

10. Wash your hands and/or take a shower. Clean yourself to help prevent transmission of STIs.

Congratulations! You've just had sex! The girl won't get pregnant, and you both are unlikely to have spread HIV and many other STIs.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Proper condom usage is :thumbsup:

Might not feel as good, but you can feel good knowing the chance of bad things happening is drastically lowered, so it balances out.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2010
    any one that doesn't know how to put on a condom properly by the age of 13 is a fukin retard and should just be shot :facepalm:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    blindbat wrote: »
    any one that doesn't know how to put on a condom properly by the age of 13 is a fukin retard and should just be shot :facepalm:

The point of this guide is to provide information. Not everyone knows to pinch the tip. Not everyone knows to hold the base of the condom when you pull out. I could just as easily say that there's no reason to make any how-to thread because everything is obvious.
  • corangcorang Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
    A drop or 2 of water based lube on the inside and outside of the condom makes it feel (a lot?) better and reduces the chance of tears by a lot. NEVER use KY or any petroleum lubes they disolve latex condoms. The brand wet works really good
    edited September 2010
    KY makes water-based lube. If it's water-based, it's safe for condoms.
  • corangcorang Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
    I messed up i meant KY jelly my bad. Depends how good it is though I got KY warming something that said its safe for latex condoms but when I used it to give my gf a massage it seemed to increase friction. Id say use whatever you buy for a massage first (or handjob) to see if it actually works.
    edited September 2010
    The warming kind is terrible. It burned my gf when I tried it. KY has gel and liquid lubes, and they work basically the same. I prefer gel as it's less messy. The main thing to check is whether or not it's water-based and says "safe for latex condoms."
  • edited September 2010
    Great guide, actually bro. It's important to know this sorta thing. Even though it comes with experience (same with putting it on in the dark), it's important for sex noobs to know :D

Also learn how to put it on when drunk, its handy. I always used to fumble around in the dark when drunk, and by the time I had it out of the packet, I'd gone down and she'd gone home ;) (well, not exactly. But it's kinda embarrassing and it ruins the mood)
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited September 2010
    I must object to this thread and ask that the op be shot and killed

There is such a thing as the PILL
    edited September 2010
    I must object to this thread and ask that the op be shot and killed

There is such a thing as the PILL

Yeah because the pill prevents STIs. :facepalm:
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited September 2010
    Hey, if you're uncircumcised does the condom have a greater chance of breaking because of your foreskin? the condom may not keep your foreskin retracted, so it would fold over and the condom would rub against itself, which I assume would cause an increased chance of breaking even with lubrication, correct? I know that wearing 2 condoms makes them less effective because of this.
    edited September 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    Hey, if you're uncircumcised does the condom have a greater chance of breaking because of your foreskin? the condom may not keep your foreskin retracted, so it would fold over and the condom would rub against itself, which I assume would cause an increased chance of breaking even with lubrication, correct? I know that wearing 2 condoms makes them less effective because of this.

Foreskin shouldn't be an issue if you're hard. I'd use extra lube and make sure you stay hard so the skin stays retracted. If you start to go soft the condom would probably bunch up on itself
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2010
    ::raises hand up really high:: I have a question! I can jizz multiple times during sex without getting flaccid. Do I HAVE to change condoms every time I jizz? Will my semen create unsafe friction? It's kind of a pain in this ass to have to interrupt and change every time I shoot my load just to start up again in a few seconds.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, my copiously ejaculating friend, yes you do. Once lubricated by your manly deposit, the condom will start to slip, and once you really get going again it could slip off entirely, and be punched up the baby hole by your next wanton thrust, thus delivering your dna to the waiting ovum, and ruining your life. Use a position change or munch some rug to smoothly transition between the easy one, the good one, and the third strike. You might not have this problem if you are huge, and most of it stays in the end due to the tight fit, but I still wouldn't risk it.
    C/O
    "I don't care if it likes to go to sleep watching cooking shows, it's still not mine"
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2010
    Damn but oh well. Thanks for the advice.
    edited October 2010
    ::raises hand up really high:: I have a question! I can jizz multiple times during sex without getting flaccid. Do I HAVE to change condoms every time I jizz? Will my semen create unsafe friction? It's kind of a pain in this ass to have to interrupt and change every time I shoot my load just to start up again in a few seconds.

CO is right. You have to change the condom after you ejaculate. Every time. If you don't and the condom tears from friction, then all your man juice will be in your girl.
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited October 2010
    So this is incorrect condom wearing?

_condom_head.jpg
    edited October 2010
    ^ That is correct.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    But in Soviet Russia, condom fucks with you....