Fear of going insane.. help please :)

2»

Comments

• abusernameabusername Regular
    edited October 2010
    I think I can help you here. As I mentioned Ive been committed before I have an extensive history of Mental illness. (I tried to stab my step dad). Anyway you are not going crazy and Ill tell you why. A mentally Ill person can not recognize there going crazy when they are. If you think something is wrong then it could be an extremely early step but you arent crazy because you recognize something is wrong.
    I know what it means to go crazy (hearing voices delusions suicidal and homicidal urges) all that and you are not bro. Sure it will feel off and "crazy when you stop at first but you ARE NOT insane. If you were insane you would not have made this thread. For a truly insane person they do not know they are crazy until after the episode is over if they ever do. You're fine man just recognize that you aren't a slave to a plant and find other things to occupy your time. I personally found fire arms. When I shoot it makes me calm or if I excersize it makes me calm. If your the type maybe read about religion. Basically just say fuck it and keep yourself busy. you'll be alright man and once you stop long enough you'll look back and lol at how dependent you were on bud. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
    stres wrote: »
    god damn son... you really do need some sort of clinical aid. Irregardless to cannabis, from the best I can tell you have already developed a disorder (I see so much of my younger self in this quote it scares me).

1. Anxiety is fucking kindergarden in comparison to the sum of irrationality that is this post. The fact that you are genuinely fearful of insanity to the point of consulting totse (Again, I've done it) - you need to take some bold action, most of what councilling or psychiatry can provide you can implement yourself with totse/google/willpower. But believe me, you are truely fucked right now (Not that scary is it?) You're at a point of rationality within mass irrationality, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. There is no ultimate 'insanity' to fear, you are not at risk.. what you are at risk of, however, is living with the same quality of life that lead you to creating this thread. You literally are at this point in time, in the deepest end.
    2. As above, you are crazy - this is insanity. But it truly is only a single point in time, your shit will improve within 3 days, 1 week, 3 weeks..... so forth, within a month you will see for yourself how bad you let it go.
    3. You are in no position to develop a mental illness and if you were, I would presume your MRI and consultations would have indicated otherwise.

Breathe, your fine :thumbsup:

Thanks heaps guys these two posts really put me at ease :)
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that the only disorder you have, if any, is hypochodriasis. You're labelling yourself as having anxiety disorder and so fervently believe that you do.

I have no doubt in my mind I'm a bit of a hypochondriac though I think that really stems from me doing fuck all with my life and having WAY too much spare time rather than a mental problem they can't get around like some people have. Even when I worry about my health I always know deep down that I'm being a idiot and theres nothing wrong with me, that just doesn't make the worrying go away.. I really think worrying about my health would disappear if I become more active.

And yeah I do label myself as having a anxiety disorder because I was diagnosed with it when I was 15 as I said.. I was very impressionable at the time and it's had such a huge effect on the way I perceive myself as a person.. Anxiety is what defines me (in my head) and is who I am(in my head) basically..

I really wish that stupid piss ant of a doctor didn't say I had anxiety/depression because deep down I think I don't, well maybe I didn't anyway but my lifestyle at the time just made it seem that way I guess.. as soon as he "diagnosed" me it was the end of the world for happy old me.. never been the same.. the symptoms I was having became 10x worse once I was "diagnosed" just because I was worrying about it all the time, looking shit up on the internet and all of that.. basically became anxious about having anxiety :p
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that the only disorder you have, if any, is hypochodriasis. You're labelling yourself as having anxiety disorder and so fervently believe that you do.

again, this this and this.

hypochodriasis really is a crippling disorder. OP; as far as I can tell you are suffering from it already. Don't worry though (lol), it takes time and work but you can overcome it :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2011
    I think you need a back rub. Take a load off and just live life for a bit.

Not saying stop caring about everything but take it easy. In other words dont worry about being a hypochondriac and it will cease to be a problem in your life.

Also, everybody get depressed, its a completely natural cycle that shows you are growing as a person. And yeah it sounds, to me, like the anxiety stems mostly from being told you had anxiety/depression. Hope this helps