Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty: Black Ops

duuudeduuude Regular
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Watching all of the trailers and youtube videos, I'm having trouble deciding which game I will buy.. Which one do you guys think will be the better game??

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Already preordered MoH
    Skipping COD, I already have the same game 3 times in the form of MW1, MW2, and WaW.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    MOD looks not much different than Bad Company. Am I missing something?
  • edited October 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Actual team based gameplay rather than the pervasive faggotry that is Bad Company. Also I've been playing Medal of Honor since 1999, it was my first FPS.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Actual team based gameplay rather than the pervasive faggotry that is Bad Company. Also I've been playing Medal of Honor since 1999, it was my first FPS.

Bad Company beat the shit out of COD but Ill probably get MOD since Ive also played that since the beginning and I like the Mideast war theme to it. it's kinda gay you cant play as Taliban though.
    edited October 2010

Bad Company was supposed to be a teamplay game too. You cant force morons to do what they should. Everyone always wanted to be a sniper and sit on a hill. I was one of 2-3 rifleman on the entire map. Thus I haven't played in awhile.

If you think MOH is going to be any different in regards to team play over the intrawebs think again. I love the dynamic Bad Company has, it's the people that exist that make it crappy. I wish more servers had friendly fire so I could fuck with the 10 snipers that camp one hill.
    edited October 2010
    Bad Company was supposed to be a teamplay game too. You cant force morons to do what they should. Everyone always wanted to be a sniper and sit on a hill. I was one of 2-3 rifleman on the entire map. Thus I haven't played in awhile.

If you think MOH is going to be any different in regards to team play over the intrawebs think again. I love the dynamic Bad Company has, it's the people that exist that make it crappy. I wish more servers had friendly fire so I could fuck with the 10 snipers that camp one hill.

I've thought for a long time now that future FPS should ban the sniper rifle. Camping has ruined every online shooter thats ever been made basically. Especially MW2 and BC.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited October 2010
    ArmA II, states Rolf.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    ArmA II looks like an interesting game, Sir Rolf.

This is why I'm leaning towards Black Ops.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    My roomie is getting MOH at 12 tonight. I might post a review tomorrow if I get to check everything out.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010
    I've thought for a long time now that future FPS should ban the sniper rifle. Camping has ruined every online shooter thats ever been made basically. Especially MW2 and BC.

But in games like MW2, with no windage or bullet drop, you can camp with any gun. I tend to see just as much campers with assault rifles (and 20/20 hawk eyes, wtf) as people with sniper rifles. I commend Flashpoint for having gravity.
  • edited October 2010
    zEpYT.png
    I would have had it today
    BUT THE FUCKING UPS STORE WAS CLOSED
    FUCK FUCKING COLUMBUS DAY
    FUCK
    IF RAGE WERE A DICK I'D BE LEXINGTON STEELE
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited October 2010
    I've been leaning toward Black Ops.

I played both MW2 and Bad Company 2. I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 a lot more, mind that I had it for the PC.

I liked the auto-matchmaking over BC2's style of "dedicated servers." There was no "no swearing" bullshit. No christian servers. No furry servers. No clan servers with stupid rules, like in other COD games. It was just a good ol' fashioned deathmatch where dudes ran around and shot each other.

On the other hand, Bad Company 2 had dedicated servers. Some of which included major bullshit, but all of which were paid for with a monthly fee. You see, Dice/EA sold the dedicated server utility to server farms. They did not release it to regular users. which meant that if you wanted a good server, you needed to pay some faggot in seattle to host it for you. That is so wrong.

Also: Modern Warfare 2 had somewhat frequent patches and content packs. The extra content was costly, but prevented stagnation and boredom. It got people excited. The extra content for Bad Company 2 just made people angry that it wasn't included for free. Otherwise, support for the game was canned almost as fast as Little Big Planet's.

I think that Black Ops is gonna be kinda funky and cartoony (And apparently has dedicated servers now. Augh.) But mostly I think that it'll retain playability years after release. That the people I meet playing it won't get bored as fast. That activision/blizzard will be interested in making more sales, and will develop good DLC for it.

Also: Hoping to soon see what kotick's idea is for "COD with a monthly fee." I hope they don't just make the next COD game exactly like the last few, and arbitrarily slap a monthly fee on there. Because I know all the stupid niggers in the shooter community will still suck his cock over it. :facepalm:
  • edited October 2010
    Been playing (multiplayer) MoH for the past 2 hours. It's fucking great.

:hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai:
    I get to kill Dfg!
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited October 2010
    Rolf will, of course, play both, due to the existence of Piratebay.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Been playing (multiplayer) MoH for the past 2 hours. It's fucking great.

I get to kill Dfg!

Have you played any of the story mode?? Both of my roomies have said it sucked.
  • imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    That's cause MoH has always sucked, and always will.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited October 2010
    Gumbo wrote: »
    (And apparently has dedicated servers now. Augh.)

:facepalm:
    edited October 2010
    That's cause MoH has always sucked, and always will.

What are you talking about? I havent played the new one but all the Ps1 and pc MOH were fucking awesome. They were the best until COD came along.
  • imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    What are you talking about? I havent played the new one but all the Ps1 and pc MOH were fucking awesome. They were the best until COD came along.

I know, I just hate them cause they changed the names in the game. Fuck censorship.
    edited October 2010
    I know, I just hate them cause they changed the names in the game. Fuck censorship.

Yeah that pissed me off. It's one reason Ill probably get COD instead. If it's multiplayer there has to be a taliban option:facepalm: Fuck all the butthurt that ensued.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited October 2010
    The new cod should be interesting though because of the cold war, but on other hand, MOH is nice.

I'll get both when I get the chance.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm going for MOH.

I grew tired of all of the silly gimmicks and bullshit perks of COD a long time ago.
    edited October 2010
    Gumbo wrote: »

Also: Modern Warfare 2 had somewhat frequent patches and content packs. The extra content was costly, but prevented stagnation and boredom. It got people excited. The extra content for Bad Company 2 just made people angry that it wasn't included for free. Otherwise, support for the game was canned almost as fast as Little Big Planet's.

I had/have it for PC and never had to pay for any DLC. That's why consoles blow.
    Gumbo wrote:

I think that Black Ops is gonna be kinda funky and cartoony (And apparently has dedicated servers now. Augh.) But mostly I think that it'll retain playability years after release. That the people I meet playing it won't get bored as fast. That activision/blizzard will be interested in making more sales, and will develop good DLC for it.

Also: Hoping to soon see what kotick's idea is for "COD with a monthly fee." I hope they don't just make the next COD game exactly like the last few, and arbitrarily slap a monthly fee on there. Because I know all the stupid niggers in the shooter community will still suck his cock over it. :facepalm:

Don't count on blizzard for anything, has been my experience since Diablo II and on.

You're probably the only person who doesn't like dedicated servers, wtf man.

And Block Ups will be no different from the last 3 COD's. That's why I didn't bother with MW2, and won't with this installment. It's a simple boring rehash, with different maps.

And the pay to play for COD is going to backfire in their face. Paying monthly for a shooter, that you already paid 60 bucks for, is fucking stupid. Hell, doing that with any game I don't like, but this is obviously simply more insatiable greed on the part of the COD franchise, it's quite despicable.
    edited October 2010
    It's a simple boring rehash, with different maps.

That's the story of next generation gaming in a nutshell.:mad: Better graphics same games.
  • edited October 2010
    MOH > COD

COD has bullshit gimmicks, and every game looks and feels exactly the same. While MOH may not be extremely different, they've definitely done more right than the COD guys.

Also, what's this about play for pay? They're going to make people pay for COD monthly?! LOL
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, what's this about play for pay? They're going to make people pay for COD monthly?! LOL

I think that rumor was "squashed." http://bit.ly/a8HGhQ
    That would have been super gay though.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited October 2010
    MOH? More like Medal of Faggatory

COD ftw
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Pacino wrote: »
    MOH? More like Medal of Faggatory

COD ftw

Fo sho.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010
    Space zombies. Score one for Black Ops.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited October 2010
    Already preordered MoH
    Skipping COD, I already have the same game 3 times in the form of MW1, MW2, and WaW.

I preordered your mom

Bitch cost me a hunned dollaz
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited November 2010
    the game leaked last sunday. anyone else beat it? im currently playing the multiplayer like a mad man. its great. definately the best since cod 4
  • edited November 2010
    I'm pissed at MOH.

The game came with like three maps in multiplayer and they're already fucking charging for DLC. They need to do something about the goddamn multiplayer.
  • HazeyHazey Acolyte
    edited November 2010
    There is only 3 maps in Team Assault , But there is more in the other playlists.

It's a good game. It requires you to think carefully before you make your move and work as a team, the guns are very balanced, the maps are differnent , the sound is superb' and its made by DICE .

The only thing that gets me is the fucking lag in the game and people who don't use their microphone's or noobs who think they can clear the map by just running solo.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    COD definitely.

Treyarch makes way better games than infinity ward, and it's treyarch's turn now.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited November 2010
    the game leaked last sunday. anyone else beat it? im currently playing the multiplayer like a mad man. its great. definately the best since cod 4

Sweet :thumbsup:
  • HazeyHazey Acolyte
    edited November 2010
    Another shitty multiplayer experience brought to you by activision and treyarch, because fuck you, thats why .
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited November 2010
    2 and a half hours until I am in possession.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Son of a bitch! I just realized I have no monies for black ops.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited November 2010
    Son of a bitch! I just realized I have no monies for black ops.

Trace of blood at the murder site of Thor! Rolf has just realized Rolf has enough monies for black ops, but has decided not if it would better for Rolf to spend said monies on extra wrabbit-slaying munitions.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited November 2010
    Sad thing is, MOH was the first to do what COD is now doing. Back when it got HUGE it started creating a title a year at least, sometimes 2, and just went straight to shit. So bad they stopped producing any more games and retired the series on a relatively "high" note. They brought it back many years later with this new "Medal of Honor" only titled game. If you look at the similarities between both MOH and COD series you will see they are nearly carbon copies of one another just with different graphics and scenery changes. MOH had a title that started its downfall and so has COD.

MW2 was the COD franchises first downhill moment with regards to the single player and its story. Now I know everyone doesn't like to think about the fact they pay $5 a month to play a $60 online only based game, but that's reality because gamers have allowed it to happen. Single players are almost non-existant and almost ALWAYS shitty. So here you go paying $60 + $5 a month if you own a 360 to play a game online that is majorly rehashed. That price tag tends to be a little high when you realize the shitty out of box game you've been handed offline wise.

So is the way of the gaming industry. MW2 started the end of a entertaining single player storyline and Black Ops is the beginning of the downhill spiral for MP. If you remember history MOH had gamers forcefully split between the old better game vs the new game and it tore the online community apart in the same way that MW2 is "superior" by the majority of fans compared to Black Ops which is new and apart of the COD franchise, thus must be supported by fans whether it sucks or doesn't because millions now own it. I think by 2012 people will start to see COD becoming just another series that has come and gone the same fashion MOH did. I don't own the new MOH and the only reason why I chose BO is because the very fact I knew nobody was going to throw as much online support behind MOH when BO was just two weeks away. Throws me into this shit storm of having to follow the fucking herd and I hate it.