Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This is a new DLC pack being made for RDR. It's adds a strange twist to the game and completely changes the way you experience it. It will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. The price will be $15.95 AUS dollars $9.99 US dollars, or £7.99 or 800 Microsoft Points. Looks pretty decent for the price :thumbsup:

On October 26th, the Undead Nightmare will be unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, with an entirely new single-player storyline, as well as brand new multiplayer content.

Rockstar posted on twitter that the gameplay will be activated on the main menu. Being seperate from the actual single player.

Seemingly overnight, a zombie plague ravages the once bountiful frontier, decimating the landscape and reawakening the dead. In towns, settlements, and outposts throughout the world, the uninfected citizens are left to fight for survival against waves of the undead. John Marston must ride out into the vast and terrifying world and survive long enough to find a cure.

With four unique zombie classes - each with their own characteristics, new infected predatory animals roaming the countryside, and new non-traditional weaponry like the Blunderbuss, the Undead Nightmare Pack offers an entirely original gameplay experience for fans of Red Dead Redemption.

This new downloadable content pack also brings new content to Multiplayer, with Graveyard Mode, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected enemies attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available from Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network ($9.99) and requires a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.

The pack will include:
  • New single player missions and challenges
  • 8 new multiplayer zombie characters
  • Zombie animals unleashed into the world
  • New dynamic events
  • Brand new gameplay mechanics
  • Mythical creatures
  • A brand new secret location
  • New weapons
  • New multiplayer modes

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Hell yeah I'm getting it.. only $10 is not a bad deal. I want to try out the new multiplayer modes and check the zombie characters.

I'm actually replaying the original story just be fresh for the new one right now.

Did you ever get the Legends and Killers pack?? I didn't really like it that much.. I'm thinking this new one will make up for it
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    Nah I haven't even finished the main story :o I'm trying to work through all the side missions first. Do you have it on PS3? If so whats your PSN?

EDIT: I was two missions away from the end. OMFGBBQLOLXDDWFIOJDNS! It was epic :D
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Looks good. I think I'll get it if I don't need xbox live to buy it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Looks for cracks. DO WANT!

EDIT: FUCKING XBOX!
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    it's finally here! downloading now
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010
    Who's played it? Is it like Horde mode/Nazi zombies?
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    Too bad Red Dead Dedemption isn't for pc.... hrmph!
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    Looks pretty cool but i don't have red dead redemption so i can't play it :(

Its coming in a standalone disc too, like what they did with Episodes from Liberty City.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Who's played it? Is it like Horde mode/Nazi zombies?

Yepp. Only difference is a coffin spawns every round that you have to break open in a certain amount of time to keep getting ammo.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited October 2010
    That's sweet. I might actually reconsider not trading in my RDR copy.