Trolling

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Is trolling fundamentally wrong, as it serves only to distract from the real discussion at hand, or is it a nice injection of levity into an otherwise serious subject?

Here is an example of a reaction to trolling. One member of this site was trolled, hard, in the ass, mouth, and foreskin, and lacks the testicular fortitude to handle it. He also attempted to hold ransom his contribution to this forum, noting that he "retired" his "Erorr account on Zoklet" to focus on contributing here, somewhat implying that he might leave if the trolling continues unabated, to try to force Dfg's hand. For his privacy I removed the little pussy's name, however this post remains unedited:
5HzMN.png
Should the troll be punished by this mysterious crybaby trying to abuse his powers as a moderator?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd say a good troll keeps trolling no matter the consequence :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Troll's are necessary for any forum to function. So keep on trolling:thumbsup:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited October 2010
    The philosophy of trolling is a very interesting subject indeed. The epistemological values regarding foundherentism and the regress argument seem to stem from the creation of axiomatic systems, but do not relate to empiricism and the "a priori and a posteriori" terminology. The analytic–synthetic dichotomy is popular among logical positivists, so trolling shouldn't be seen as a scientifically realist movement, but a solipsist one with aspects of fallibilism and pyrrhonism.
  • edited October 2010
    One of the earliest trolls was a philosopher, Diogenes of Sinope. However, you are just using philosophical terms to appear educated. GB2 PHI 102.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited October 2010
    fuck outta here. you ain't crip no more nigga!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Fatty, the real problem is that you only sent ONE apology message. Obviously sending someone 100 spam PMs is a huge deal. You might think about apologizing for every single one of them in separate PMs.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Fatty, the real problem is that you only sent ONE apology message. Obviously sending someone 100 spam PMs is a huge deal. You might think about apologizing for every single one of them in separate PMs.

But wouldn't that be more spam? Very nice and sincere (I'm sure) spam, but spam nonetheless.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited October 2010
    Trolling is simply a art.
    Failtroll.png
    edited October 2010
    But wouldn't that be more spam? Very nice and sincere (I'm sure) spam, but spam nonetheless.

That was the point :o
  • edited October 2010
    That was the point :o

I would but a certain Moslem disabled my PMing. His comeuppance will surely come, swift as a Crusader sword.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    So you won't be PMing me about how I'm a Chink anymore? :(
    edited October 2010
    I would but a certain Moslem disabled my PMing. His comeuppance will surely come, swift as a Crusader sword.

It would have been appropriate and lulzy.
  • edited October 2010
    It would have been appropriate and lulzy.

Dfg's comeuppance is coming. Doing anything further to a thin skinned micro penised pretentious kike teenager like Erorr would be a waste of my time...

(I'm still gonna do it though)
    edited October 2010
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited October 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    The philosophy of trolling is a very interesting subject indeed. The epistemological values regarding foundherentism and the regress argument seem to stem from the creation of axiomatic systems, but do not relate to empiricism and the "a priori and a posteriori" terminology. The analytic–synthetic dichotomy is popular among logical positivists, so trolling shouldn't be seen as a scientifically realist movement, but a solipsist one with aspects of fallibilism and pyrrhonism.

GOOD TROLL
    +1 for keeping it under the radar by making readers unable to respond without sending this thread on a philosophical tangent

anyone ever troll in real life?
    just sit around in a group of people, like clubs, having a conversation about something mediumly involved where everyone has respect to listen to what someone else has to say because they are acquaintances, and try to turn the conversation towards a topic like goatse or something moderately funny and offensive?

it works well if you really drag someone into it, so that they would feel obligated to talk and further bring the discussion into obscenity;
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Kid hates ya.

He wanted to "infract turds like" you.
  • edited October 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Kid hates ya.

He wanted to "infract turds like" you.

You're the turd, turd.

fucking turd