Use the word, "reconnaissance" in a non-military sentence

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited April 2011 in Life
Impossible I tell you!

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Leonardo Da Vinci was a true reconnaissance man.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Leonardo Da Vinci was a true renaissance man.

Fix'd. :mad:
    edited November 2010
    OMG how could I have overlooked that :facepalm:
    edited November 2010
    You have lost the game :o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2010
    reconnaissance, reconnoissance [rɪˈkɒnɪsəns]n1. (Military) the act of reconnoitring
    2. (Military) the process of obtaining information about the position, activities, resources, etc., of an enemy or potential enemy
    3. (Engineering / Civil Engineering) a preliminary inspection of an area of land before an engineering survey is made[from French, from Old French reconoistre to explore, recognize]

Before they Hoover Dam was built much reconnaissance was required to determine the perfect site.

Harry had to do some in depth reconnaissance on the background of his daughter's scumbag boyfriend to assure that he needed to be planted in his back yard.

Before the dirtbag shoplifter got caught he thought his reconnaissance of the premises were thorough.

I could go on all day and never use it in a "military" fashion.
    edited November 2010
    That's not fair! You're old!
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited November 2010
    Before they Hoover Dam was built much reconnaissance was required to determine the perfect site.

Harry had to do some in depth reconnaissance on the background of his daughter's scumbag boyfriend to assure that he needed to be planted in his back yard.

Before the dirtbag shoplifter got caught he thought his reconnaissance of the premises were thorough.

I could go on all day and never use it in a "military" fashion.

Sorry, he wins.
    edited November 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    That's not fair! You're old!

Yup, and once more old age and treachery overcomes youth and skill. :D
  • stresstres Regular
    edited November 2010
    Yup, and once more old age and treachery overcomes youth and skill. :D

I really do hope you become a frequent poster here. :thumbsup:
    edited November 2010
    stres wrote: »
    I really do hope you become a frequent poster here. :thumbsup:

With the sad state of affairs going on over at that other site you are likely to get your wish.
    the release juicy couture bags in the past record of what you will find that starting from the juicy couture tracksuits, white, gray instead of bright colors and juicy couture handbags has become a And obvious and moncler coats no longer Xuejiannaodai cool fashion sense you want to juicy couture outlet achieve.

Will someone please ban this^
  • edited November 2010
    the release juicy couture bags in the past record of what you will find that starting from the juicy couture tracksuits, white, gray instead of bright colors and juicy couture handbags has become a And obvious and moncler coats no longer Xuejiannaodai cool fashion sense you want to juicy couture outlet achieve.

LOL I AGREE 10/10 :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::fap::fap:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2010
    Good thread, pick a new word and rule, make a game of it.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Use the word "rape" in a positive-toned sentence.
    edited April 2011
    I had a lot of fun doing rape.
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Use the word "rape" in a positive-toned sentence.

The information in the video which detailed the trauma rape victims suffer helped the members of the police department deal with rape victims in a more sensitive and productive manner.
  • edited April 2011
    My reconnaissance at distance of the strip was fruitless, no one I trusted was out tonight, some obvious middlers were out in the bright street lights, but the dealers would be hidden in the dark doorways.

Each June the fields would turn a beautiful yellow as the rape bloomed. (Until recently, Canola, the oil of choice for deep fryers these days, was called rapeseed, a relative of mustard seed, good marketing indeed), okay I cheated.

Use the word death in a way that does not describe the ending of something.