Should we make a spam board?

AnonymousAnonymous Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Where instead of banning spammers, we instead move all their posts to the spam board and let all their spam remain there. We could also if necessary restrict them to posting in the spam board if they're simply going on a spam rampage and posting spam everywhere with the intentions of filling the entire site with spam. :o

Opinions? :p

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I can't get the idea how this system would work if implemented. I mean wouldn't it be like a jail for them or just like trash can.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I can't get the idea how this system would work if implemented. I mean wouldn't it be like a jail for them or just like trash can.

It would basically be the jail board, but it would allow them to continue posting there.

As far as I know about the trash can system, you can't continue to make posts in the trash can, can you?
    :o
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Nope, spam is shit, it sucks and should just be deleted.
    If it has any merit whatsoever chuck it HB and let them play with it or defecate on it or whatever they do in there. But spam, mindless shit/advertising. Just delete it.
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Why encourage spam in the first place. It's the one thing we all agree shouldn't be allowed here.

But the word "spam" is used very loosely; I can only see bad things coming from this when peoples posts start getting moved.
    edited July 2010
    Why encourage spam in the first place. It's the one thing we all agree shouldn't be allowed here.

But the word "spam" is used very loosely; I can only see bad things coming from this when peoples posts start getting moved.

The only spam that would be moved would be constant and repetitive posts such as the one RetardSyndrome made.:o

We wouldn't use it loosely. Its not encouraging spam, its simply allowing the spam to remain but in a controlled area that is basically jail. :cool:
    Dog Boy wrote: »
    Nope, spam is shit, it sucks and should just be deleted.
    If it has any merit whatsoever chuck it HB and let them play with it or defecate on it or whatever they do in there. But spam, mindless shit/advertising. Just delete it.

If you just delete it by spammers mentality they're winning and you're losing. (Trust me I know the mentality due to spamming various sites.)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It would basically be the jail board, but it would allow them to continue posting there.

As far as I know about the trash can system, you can't continue to make posts in the trash can, can you?
    :o

I haven't tried it. Can you post in that section?
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I haven't tried it. Can you post in that section?

If I remember you can't because the threads in the trashcan were locked/the trashcan was a locked board. :o
    edited July 2010
    why give spammers the satisfaction of their own board? i say fuck em and let them get banned.

Because by banning them you give them satisfaction.

Such as someone spams, gets banned and decides to chuckle about it and feel like they won. :o
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    theres no point to all these little gimmicky features.

just good old fashioned discussion would be nice for a change
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Meh, so let them spam, delete the spamflood when it ends.
  • SLPSLP New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Yes there needs to be a temple within the temple dedicated to totse2.com
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    SLP wrote: »
    Yes there needs to be a temple within the temple dedicated to totse2.com

For spam right?
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    No. You're stupid.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular