Internet trolling/flaming is becoming more mainstream

SliceSlice Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/21/pearlman.online.civility/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Thought this was funny, since when I first found totse back in middle school, I liked how people tore the shit out of each other and it was the norm. I enjoyed the lack of politeness and the blatant honesty everyone had, even if it was as simple as "lol ur a faggot."

Now it looks like that's becoming common all over teh internetz, which I'm sure we all already knew, but I've never seen an article written about it before.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    When I first had internet I felt special. It was a place to connect with everyone around the world; and it felt so geeky and underground connecting and hearing those 56k modem cries. When you posted or talked to someone you felt strange, especially by the fact you were anonymous.

Fast forward ten years later and what do you get? Everyone, no matter how poor or stupid or bright or hipster can access the internet easily. Everyone has shit like myspace or facebook and what have you. So pretty much anyone can troll and write what they want, and it kind of sucks because it lost all that novelty value of the internet we grew up with.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Everyone has shit like myspace or facebook and what have you. So pretty much anyone can troll and write what they want, and it kind of sucks because it lost all that novelty value of the internet we grew up with.

And most of those people have no skill at it. It does make me a little sick that people with no skill try it and fail, but that is the same for anything in life.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    This fucks me off. Demonstrated just how behind the mainstream media are, how Journalists suddenly assume a stance of "expert" and finally, making people suddenly give a shit.

If it weren't for the cumstains that became humans, then took their own life as somebody hassled them online this wouldn't have happened. It is of course, an inevitability with the development and ease of access associated with the Internet, but come on. People have been trolling since the fucking Medieval era in one form or another. Are the news agencies that desperate for coverage that they would stick up for some retarded 14 year old that thought life was "tough"?

What a shame.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    This fucks me off. Demonstrated just how behind the mainstream media are, how Journalists suddenly assume a stance of "expert" and finally, making people suddenly give a shit.

Journalists do this reguarly. They dig up anything they think can fill column inches - however, knowing what I know about people - they will eat what ever shit a journo throws them.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    lol they bully me :(:(:(:(:(