Thoughts on hookah/shisha?

NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
edited January 2011 in Life
A buddy and I were thinking of buying a hookah and getting our sheesh on.

There's one in town that we're gonna try first before we buy it.

What do you guys think of shisha/hookah?

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    i honestly like smoking some hookah and shisha. it taste good man, it's just relaxing really.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I like it. I usualy get rose or Jasmin flavor. its nice and smooth, and you have to use ice. it makes it a hell of alot better
  • edited January 2011
    It's alright, it was really popular when I was 17 but I guess I sort of got tired of it. I still own a hookah though, and have a "hookah lounge" that I made out of a spare room in my apartment.

It's nice every once in a while, but make sure to get a quality hookah. There are only two types; absolute shit or great. As far as sheesha goes, fruit flavors (especially citrus) tend to be the most popular/taste the best overall.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I've only tried hookas, and like Vineman said, unless it's a quality one the smoking experience will taste like shit. It's good for novelty when you haven't tried it or anything, but that sensation goes away fast. Still an interesting thing to have, so give it a try :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    I've only tried hookas, and like Vineman said, unless it's a quality one the smoking experience will taste like shit.

It's not so much an issue with it tasting bad, it's an issue with hardware. It's especially important on two hose hookahs because they have a mechanism to direct flow. Also on low-cost hookahs you have issues with the rubber seats for the hoses being shitty, the hoses being shitty, etc.
  • edited January 2011
    Looks like a cheap chinese hookah. If you're looking to buy online, these two sites are legitimate and have quality products:

http://saharasmoke.com/store/catalog/HOOKAHS-orderby0-p-1-c-287.html
    http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-2-hookahs-hookah-pipes.html
  • edited January 2011
    Tried one at a Persian coffee restaurant once, pleasant, but no buzz factor. I am too used to the smoke going into my lungs doing something to really get into it despite the pleasant taste. The strong sweet tea was wicked though.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited January 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    Looks like a cheap chinese hookah. If you're looking to buy online, these two sites are legitimate and have quality products:

http://saharasmoke.com/store/catalog/HOOKAHS-orderby0-p-1-c-287.html
    http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-2-hookahs-hookah-pipes.html
    I'm in new zealand whereas my IRL selection is quite limited.

I'm also gonna be chucking bud on it to smoke with the shisha from time to time (all the time).
  • edited January 2011

I'm also gonna be chucking bud on it to smoke with the shisha from time to time (all the time).

Tell me how that goes, I have often tried curing weed in sealed bags with such things as lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, the only thing that really worked was a slightly damp Chai tea bag, you could actually taste it when you smoked the weed. Maybe throwing some weed in with the sheesha blends will produce a pleasant but still potent smoke? Have fun.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2011
    I've only ever smoked weed out of a hookah before but this Thursday my girlfriend, two of my sisters and I plan to go to the newly opened hookah lounge.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe throwing some weed in with the sheesha blends will produce a pleasant but still potent smoke?

Yeah that's what I was planning to do. Apparently it wastes heaps of weed though.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah that's what I was planning to do. Apparently it wastes heaps of weed though.

It does. The most efficient way is to do it like Bill Murray in Zombieland, but even then it wastes a shitload. I'd suggest you just use a separate piece, honestly.

What I have done before though when I cleaned my multitudes of pipes and bongs is to collect the resin into a big ball, seat that on the shisha and then smoke normally. The THC vaporizes along with the flavorings and nicotine, it's not bad. It also tends to last white a long time.