Communal Spider Web

GallowsGallows Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Old, but awesome...

"A variety of spider species built on one another's work to create a sprawling web that blanketed hundreds of yards of trees and shrubs at a North Texas park, according to entomologists who studied the unusual formation."
spider-web-cp-3495430.jpg

source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2007/09/12/science-spider-web.html

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Wow. animals do amaze me at times. Imagine walking through it at night though ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I remember watching a news report on this thing a couple of years ago! It's pretty amazing, I agree. Imagine falling into the web, getting stuck and having millions of spiders crawling all over you, gradually covering you in a web cocoon just like on the movie Eight Legged Freaks :D
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I remember watching a news report on this thing a couple of years ago! It's pretty amazing, I agree. Imagine falling into the web, getting stuck and having millions of spiders crawling all over you, gradually covering you in a web cocoon just like on the movie Eight Legged Freaks :D

wtf no if there is anything I hate more than snakes, its spiders.
    Worst fear ever, spiders are unnatural, but it doesn't surprise me that they can do shit like this.

They creep me the fuck out.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Worst fear ever, spiders are unnatural, but it doesn't surprise me that they can do shit like this.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about those creepy little eight legged alien bastards.

ga080925.gifga070312.gifspiderpan.png
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    I like making spiders huff Raid.

Nuff said.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I like making spiders huff Raid.

Nuff said.

spiderman_raid.jpg