Bear Baiting - Is it cruelty?

GallowsGallows Regular
edited March 2011 in Life
South Carolina is the only state where it's legal. It's seem cruel to me. It wouldn't be problematic if the bear wasn't tethered and missing its teeth and claws.

And apparently it's popular in Pakistan.

Discuss.

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    lol at the pussy human society investigator.

and come on people the bear is 4 times its size a few baby
    b
    bite marks and load barks is not going to hurt this bastard.

"If the public saw this going on at these events, people would be shocked"

no, it would be lol
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    in b4 humane society investigator gets mauled by bear.

only thing thats wrong about it is the no teeth and claws. i'd like to see a fair fight not a bear gumming on a ear.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Anyone who gets entertainment from causing any animal distress will dealt with accordingly when I take over.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought this shit died out with the invention of the printing press.
  • edited March 2011
    Bear baiting just seems like a really shitty thing to be a part of.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    Fucked up. At least in europe, they gave their bulls a fair chance to take out their opponent. Hearing a bull win in bullfights are no surprises, and when they do win, they are never to be thrown in the pit again.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    what is the joy in watching animals fight like this?

i mean period. I've never understood it. cock fighting for instance where is the joy?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Except for in ancient Hebrew dominion, used in this context, meant responsibility for not control of. But it is kind of funny how you run around calling for the abolishment of religion and then turn around and use religion to support your position on animal cruelty.